Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

i think if u put it on top of the servo its like more difficult to bend the thick wires under the upperdeck.

if i were u i will put it between the receiver and motor..it lowers the weight distribution and balances it more from the front to the back....then with the wires lower, its also easier to bend and wire it below the upperdeck....look at me pic i posted above....

the only thing i dont like about my wiring, is that i should have turned my reveicer and esc the other way round so the thin wires can be hidden as well....

sigh....i hate to take out those super powerful double sided tapes so hard to come out....
Old 02-22-2002, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Opinions?

Just finished my EVO II and installed the Tamiya Super Modified 11T Motor. On the back of the box for the motor it recommends for the EVO II that I use a 20T Pinion/58T Spur combo. Does this sound right to you guys? I was just gonna use the stock 34T/88T combo. What do I have to gain or loose by using their suggestion. I am fairly new to RC cars so any input/suggestions are appreciated. TIA
Old 02-22-2002, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

since it's a tamiya motor, and the instruction is from tamiya, it should be fine. And it's better to run with recommanded gear ratio first and adjust for different track conditions.

By the way, Where did you get a Tamiya 11T super mod motor? I can't find any Tamiya motors in the U.S. besides the black can ones. The new stock motors from Tamiyas are not being sold anywhere that I looked.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Got it from a guy in Hong Kong on Ebay. Same way I got the EVO II Kit. He still has them. Let me know if you want the Ebay link to the motors and I'll post them.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

did you get it from rl0725???
Old 02-22-2002, 04:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Yup, got a few things from him and the EVO II from Stellamodels. They both seem to carry the same products. Their prices vary a little, so I just look to see who has the better price on the item I want.
Old 02-22-2002, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

that's the thing... I think they are the same person. Or maybe married to each other or something. Their price are identical. and sometimes if their stuff don't sell, they often drive one price really low, and one high. And people are start buying again. But who cares anyway. their price are just awsome, compare to the price in the state.
Old 02-23-2002, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

to those of u who have bought a evo1 or 2, and using futaba servos.......

that screw that comes with the Evo 1 and 2 which the instructions say its for the futaba servo.....does it fit at all?
Old 02-23-2002, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

If it's metal gear servo, forget the screw come with the kit. It won't fit and if you force it to fit, you will be left with a stripped gear.

you need the screws that are for metal gears if you have a metal gear servo. I think the name for the one that come with the kit is the "tapping screw" which is for plastic gear.

Hope this helps
Old 02-24-2002, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

shockwave, about the krp pics.. very nice upper deck. Who makes those?
Old 02-26-2002, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Hi,

I just wonder if any of you upgraded your EVO's linkage to turnbuckle tie-rod. If so, what size did you use? (for EvO II).

I can't seem to find the exact size of turnbuckles for the car.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

haha, up till now, i still do not know what is a tie rod....
Old 02-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I love the way mine looks too...

but I guess I had set the diff too loose cuz i didn't have any brakes for a while.... I tighten it up and got some brake....

At any rate, Its MUCH faster than my TL01 car using the same motor and gear ratio.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Anyone using tie-rods on their Evo??? anyone?
Old 02-27-2002, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default I do!!!!

I do!!!

I got adjustable steering linkage for the TL01 and used the long screws!!

For the c-hub I used the kingpin ball cup of the TAO4-R (just do not screw it fully)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.