Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 09:56 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Geetoo

I also took out those plastic post around the shaft for that purpose and that plastic seemed useless. What else have you taken out?
Thats about it.....anymore and there will be nothing to hold the shaft down!!!
Old 06-02-2002, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by dtm

Thats about it.....anymore and there will be nothing to hold the shaft down!!!
Not really. The plastic thing only serves as a post for the upper deck right. So I took it off still shaft is pretty fine.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Geetoo
I own a TBEvo I and I took out the aluminum post to make the chassis flex better. Actually it works fine.
are u sure thats wise?...wont a force down the middle of the upper deck break the thing in half??

but i do agree that the plastic thinggy down the middle looks useless thou....maybe i will take it out....

Btw, could u guys take a look under at lower deck, theres these 3 unused holes in a triangle shape under the servo...any idea what they are for???? transponder mount???
Old 06-03-2002, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dragon

are u sure thats wise?...wont a force down the middle of the upper deck break the thing in half??

but i do agree that the plastic thinggy down the middle looks useless thou....maybe i will take it out....

Btw, could u guys take a look under at lower deck, theres these 3 unused holes in a triangle shape under the servo...any idea what they are for???? transponder mount???
Wonder what those holes are for. Check it out.
Old 06-03-2002, 05:09 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I just bought a used Evolution. Very nice car from what I see.

What do you guys do about the outdrives coming out of the diffs since they have so much slop in them. My TB01 has it and the Evolution is exactly the same. My TB01 is pretty quick but I hope that the Evolution is even faster. The TB01 don't seem to accelerate as fast as the 04's or TC3's do. My other touring cars also seem to accelerate faster to. I even have the lightweight diffs and shaft.

The EVO does have more adjustments and is lighter than my TB01 which still has the plastic tub but weighs 3 lbs 5oz. Thought that was pretty good with rubber tires on.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:29 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Put an O-ring into the outdriver before you put the drive shaft in. This will prevent it from falling out.

Other things you can do, put AE black grease onto the spline of the outdriver....or use tamiya threadlock. This should hold the outdriver in if ou lose the driveshaft in a crash!
Old 06-04-2002, 05:00 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I did put the o rings in the outdrives. I will thread lock them as well and see if this helps at all. That is the only thing that I don't care for on the car. The rest is very tight with very little slop and the little slop I do have is needed to keep the car tracking straight.

I heard that the new F1 diff might work on the EVO2 and it don't have outdrives that pull out like the EV02 has. If that is the case I will buy some and put in my car. My local hobby shop owner has the new Tamiya 4wd F1. I will look at his this weekend and see if they will fit.
Old 06-04-2002, 05:13 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wyd

I heard that the new F1 diff might work on the EVO2 and it don't have outdrives that pull out like the EV02 has. If that is the case I will buy some and put in my car. My local hobby shop owner has the new Tamiya 4wd F1. I will look at his this weekend and see if they will fit.
The F1 diffs will not work on the TB because the bevel gear is signifcantly smaller. If you use the TB gear with the F1 outdrivers then you cannot find diff plates the right size!! (unless you machine them yourself! In that case you will run into problems with flexing of the plates because they are not supported in the load area!
Old 06-04-2002, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Dragon

Unless you step on it or hit by a RC plane..I think you're pretty safe with this one
Old 06-04-2002, 04:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

DTM thanks for the info. I guess that answers my question. I will just use some blue threadlock and the o rings in the cups and see how it runs. I guess unless the outdrives are slipping because the slpines are worn I will not have any problems.

Do you guys play around with the anti squat in the rear at all and has anyone played around with the shims in the front to change the caster.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by wyd
Do you guys play around with the anti squat in the rear at all and has anyone played around with the shims in the front to change the caster.
Never tried that yet since I dont see its importance at the moment. Anti-squat on the rear...1 shim on each side right? How is it?
Old 06-05-2002, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Yo guys, any input on the 3 holes thinggy?....it kinda gets on my nerves when idunno what they are for......

btw, after taking away the useless piece of plastic, any idea if there any transponder mounts that can fit perfectly there?
Old 06-05-2002, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Unhappy I clipped a corner...

and the hub carrier snapped in half! now i cant find that part and I dont know what to do? where do i get it? is it possible to use something else like a ta04 carrier? I have the aluminum ta04 hubs but never put them on cuz i dont have a set up board to align them.

HELP!!!

Oh, and would anyone like to buy it as is? i want to get an offroad car .... i seem to win with my evader more than with my evo 2
Old 06-05-2002, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

I've asked the same question about TB hubs being interchangable and one cat said it would work. I won't know how well they work until my long arms arrive.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Aluma I have a Schumacher EVO2 buggy with the graphite chassis and toplate. It has titanium tie rods and the Associated axles in the front. I have not used the car since I got it from a Schumacher team driver. All I did was clean it and put alot of stainless steel screws on it. I have a good amount of tires and spare parts for it as well. It really only needs a body and wing for it. The ones with it just are not painted cool for my taste. Car looks better than new with the stainless srews on it. It has 30 bucks worth of those things. I just don't race off road any so if you are interested I would trade it to you if you wanted to get ride of your EVO2 Tamiya car.

Car is mint and I also have a bunch of new rear rims. It comes with alot of stuff so you won't be disappointed with this car. Another reason I don't run it is tha it will get dirty and I'm a neat freak so I just rather not race this car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.