Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution II >

Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Old 06-01-2002, 08:51 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I have a question on the Evo II....on right hand turns it is fine...on left hand turns the car over steers...both on power and off power...and ideas???

All shocks are the same length...car has been set on tweak station....
Old 06-01-2002, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

how abt the setting on ur controller???...
not sure abt ur controller,but the ex1-mars has an option whereby the user can set too different setting turning left or turning rite...
Old 06-01-2002, 07:28 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ijnek
how abt the setting on ur controller???...
not sure abt ur controller,but the ex1-mars has an option whereby the user can set too different setting turning left or turning rite...
It can...but I would prefer to address any fundatmental car setup problems before going into the Tx to fiddle it!!
Old 06-01-2002, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

well,...
not saying tat u should fiddle with the settings,but mayb check through the settings 2 check if there has been a mistake made...
it nvr hurts 2 check...
btw,wat controller r u using???...
if the problem still persists,mayb it's time for a re-build and still unable to re-solve the problem,mayb u could set the shocks on the affected side to a harder setting...
Old 06-01-2002, 08:21 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

well,...
not saying tat u should fiddle with the settings,but mayb check through the settings 2 check if there has been a mistake made...
it nvr hurts 2 check...
btw,wat controller r u using???...
if the problem still persists,mayb it's time for a re-build and still unable to re-solve the problem,mayb u could set the shocks on the affected side to a harder setting...
I'm using the 2000R. It was the first outing for the car so hopefully won't need a rebuild!

I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem....because another friend with the Evo II had exactly the same handling characteristic as mine yesterday! Anyway, thks for the feedback.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

hmmm,...
could it b the placement of the equipment on board the car chassis???...the weight distribution with the batt on the chassis well???...

gd luck...
Old 06-01-2002, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

My TB01 also have a bit of this problem but is because 1 of my shock is leaking and also the TB01 actually is unbalance with the battery side being heavier...so i use my controller to offset the difference.....using ex1 to do it. i tot Evo2 is more balance. so actually Evo2 also face this problem. That means only belt car will be more balanced

Old 06-01-2002, 09:56 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IceBerG71
My TB01 also have a bit of this problem but is because 1 of my shock is leaking and also the TB01 actually is unbalance with the battery side being heavier...so i use my controller to offset the difference.....using ex1 to do it. i tot Evo2 is more balance. so actually Evo2 also face this problem. That means only belt car will be more balanced

The EvoII is only more balanced if you use weights!!
Old 06-01-2002, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

xtra weight on the car would seriously affected an electric car's performance,tat's y ppl playing electric car all try 2 make their car as light as possible...

iceberg71:
not exactly belt cars will be more balanced,it depends on how the batt and electronics are being placed thus afftecting the overall weight distribution.

in my opinion,the kyosho kx-1 would be 1 of the most balanced kit around wif it's batt along the centre line...
Old 06-01-2002, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Ice, a car having belt drive does not make it any more balance
it depend on your electronics placement and battery placement

DTM, could you descride your problem in more detail....
could you from drool setting
Old 06-01-2002, 10:25 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jack
Ice, a car having belt drive does not make it any more balance
it depend on your electronics placement and battery placement

DTM, could you descride your problem in more detail....
could you from drool setting
I tried several settings all with similar effects;

Started at;
Front
Camber 2 deg
Ride height 4mm
40wt oil
Yellow springs
Middle hole
No sway bars

Rear
Camber 1 deg
Ride height 5mm
50wt oil
Blue springs
Middle hole
No sway bars

By the end of the day ended up with;
Front
Camber 1 deg
Blue springs
hole furthest out

Rear
Camber 2 deg
Yellow springs
Hole furthest in

The car felt too stable except with quick movements of the steering (L/R)- then it was unstable!!

Off throttle going into left turn the car oversteered badly. Too much power in the middle of the turn and it oversteered again. You could drive it by applying light throttle to 'drift' around the corner.....Right hand turns no problems!!

I ended up with max 'down' rear downstops to try and 'plant' the rear- no good!

I was thinking of trying 30wt oil at the back with sway bar next week!!! That should steady the rear with quick steering changes but may not do much to the left turn bit!!!
Old 06-01-2002, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

i would figure out that it's most probably due to the uneven weight distribution due to the batt...

u in RC for racing or jus fun?...
it may sound stupid,but try putting some weight on the electronics side and see if it balances up...
Old 06-02-2002, 12:48 AM
Tech Adept

Jack:

Battery placement is fixed for shaft driven car as it is on one side of the car. so the only option to play with is the elcectronic placements but i place my electronic like the normal usage way....

So what i can offset is only Tx settings. is that a good way???

Thanx for the advice
Old 06-02-2002, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

use the Tx to offset,...hmmm,...
if u actually notice,the oversteer here might b referring to the moment when he is turning...
i believe with the ex1-mars,there is the option of setting different turning rate for right and left turns,so with tat,i believe u can actually offset the excessive turning...
but i dun think so all controllers have tat function,so a gd choice if u have the ex1-mars...
Old 06-02-2002, 05:34 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

i would figure out that it's most probably due to the uneven weight distribution due to the batt...

u in RC for racing or jus fun?...
it may sound stupid,but try putting some weight on the electronics side and see if it balances up...
SERIOUS FUN!! However, the car must perform!! Otherwise I'm going back to my Xray!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.