R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   best s**t box :D open to opinions :D (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/265467-best-s%2A%2At-box-d-open-opinions-d.html)

xxblackheartxx2 01-05-2009 10:06 PM

best s**t box :D open to opinions :D

ok rc tech fans we need all you to give us 2 blokes a hand :D

we decided to get the shitest raceable onroad electric car and race against
all the stock drivers in our club. we have decided to show all the other drivers you dont need a high performance, over priced, bling bling rc car just to be competitive :D

weve come up with a list of cars that would be suitable for this test. we only have 2 cars up for grabs (tt01 & tspec) and might i add, they need alot of work :D hahah

- tt01 or tb02
- trinty t-spec
- smartech *electric*
- tc3 or tc4
- gv electric

so here we have it, we have our list, we have also thought about what kind of hop - ups would you rc fans suggest to get the car up to compitive level to keep up with all the 17.5 brushless motors. also might i add we are goign to run brushed as that is al we have.

so give us feedback guys :D

and remember guys . .. . . this is just for fun and a laugh :D and hopefully some suprises :D

:cool::batman:crawely/rowdy racing:batman::cool:

reenmachine 01-05-2009 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by xxblackheartxx2 (Post 5256057)
- tt01 or tb02
- trinty t-spec
- smartech *electric*
- tc3 or tc4
- gv electric

Uh, the TB02, TC3, and TC4 are all very capable cars for stock racing and can still hang with pretty much anything. Not much of a shocker there.

I guess I'd go with the TT-01 if you keep the gear diffs, fixed arms, and friction shocks. Put a 27T in there and if you're a solid upper-level driver you'll get the effect you're after.

Bob-Stormer 01-05-2009 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by xxblackheartxx2 (Post 5256057)
ok rc tech fans we need all you to give us 2 blokes a hand :D

we decided to get the shitest raceable onroad electric car and race against
all the stock drivers in our club. we have decided to show all the other drivers you dont need a high performance, over priced, bling bling rc car just to be competitive :D

eerie.... I have been putting something like this together as well. But taking to the next level with low buck electronics and perhaps an old RTR transmitter, etc.

Good idea. :)

xxblackheartxx2 01-05-2009 11:06 PM

wow low budget electronics!!!! what a sweet idea. yeah me and my mate are both top level drivers in the club. we'd thought we'd have fun and give this test a go. :D

keep the opinions coming guys

SammyZ 01-05-2009 11:20 PM

this kid just started the hobby early summer season at our assphalt club. he had this $hitty XXX-s, the car had never seena tweak station and he used stick pack 3300 NI-MH packs. Good tires, good motor and body, everything else was junk.

Im an OK driver and all my gear is MAXED the f--- out. Early in the season it was a joke, like watching a crash derby. Then He was 1 lap behind me towards the end of the season, i coulnd't beleive it. :weird:

xxblackheartxx2 01-05-2009 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo (Post 5256237)
this kid just started the hobby early summer season at our assphalt club. he had this $hitty XXX-s, the car had never seena tweak station and he used stick pack 3300 NI-MH packs. Good tires, good motor and body, everything else was junk.

Im an OK driver and all my gear is MAXED the f--- out. Early in the season it was a joke, like watching a crash derby. Then He was 1 lap behind me towards the end of the season, i coulnd't beleive it. :weird:

thats what i like to hear :D good old shit box,

ok update guys

me and my mate have decided we are goign to use a shit gv model engines car. OMG this thing is the biggest piece of shit. . . .. cant adjust the droop setting as its all done by shock length. . . . cant adjust toe in on the rear. . . and the gear diffs in them are s**t as. . .

this is goign to be a tough one, but im sure we can manage hhahah

Team Ash 01-05-2009 11:25 PM

Car

The winning driver in stock at our club last season drove a xxxs and it wasn't me:cry:. My car was much more expensive than his.:cry::cry:

Bob-Stormer 01-05-2009 11:38 PM

I was leaning toward an old Traxxas xl1 speedo, Traxxas radio and some ofna servo out of a ready to run LD3.

You want to be overwhelmed by options and ideas for a speedo? Check this link. They're sorted low to high on the wallet scale.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...owt=on&omode=2

Drewdc90 01-06-2009 03:23 AM

We're just gunna use an LRP QC2 (It's just been sitting in my box of old stuff gathering dust). It would probably be more of a hassle running budget electronics seeing as we already have everything, otherwise that would be a good idea.
I think as long as we get decent straight line speed we'll be fairly competitive, handling never really seemed much of a big thing in stock when i ran it.

mild seven 01-06-2009 03:35 AM

haha yeah the GVE model engines car is the perfect choice for stock racing.

imjonah 01-06-2009 08:21 AM

How about this-

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...3682297reg.jpg

jag88 01-06-2009 08:38 AM

Mardave ?

SammyZ 01-06-2009 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by imjonah (Post 5257397)

lol, bring that bad boy to your carpet club LOL:lol:

joe of loath 01-06-2009 09:49 AM

go to the LHS and ask to have a look at an HPI E10 (drift or touring, both are the same chassis).

it is the WORST TC ever made. But I don't think it would take a 17.5 brushless motor. Mine shredded at the sight of a 19t brushed motor.

NO tuning options. HUGE amounts of chassis flex. You might just be able to get one round the track, and for $50 or whatever for a roller its worth a shot!

Foxxrocket 01-06-2009 10:22 AM

Redcat Lightning-EPX, One of the most godaweful RC 1/10 touring cars I've ever seen race. Everything in it is all junk. The guy racing it tried geared it up a little, and ended up frying the motor and ESC.

And all for 100$.

Good luck...