R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2009, 03:11 AM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
TRIPS: We are not a ROAR track we look at roar for most rules, but we are not racing for money. We dont beat down a guy if he is skimming the guage..

But lets get real here, if you do tech, its really easy to pass tech, use the tech station to verify your car is legal. When we used to really crack down on tech i would hear all the excuses, and yes we have 5mm guages. Our goal is to protect the carpet first and formost. What racers have to realize is the tech station is the final say on wether or not your car is legal. So regardless of what the guage size is make sure your car is legal, i was at a track that ran a 6mm rule so i adjusted to suite the tech rules of that track.

Common sence needs to be used as well. If you want to piss off racers tech really strict. Our clubs numbers are so low that we run with the honor system, we dont tech anymore, its not worth the arguements. We simply ask that guys keep 5mm be mindfull of the carpet and run 1500gms. For the most part everyone complies.
Pretty much the same here. I don't recall ever seeing anyone failed for being tight on the gauge, and on most club racing days we don't usually tech at all, but the tools are out at the tech station for everyone to check themselves.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote