Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics. >

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree475Likes

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For the first time ever, I picked components, based on color.

Dang shame the car is purple. Just wanted to try something other than black. If I enjoy the car, I'll take it apart and send the purple stuff away and get it re-done in red.

Here's the "BEFORE" pics. I hope to have it done by Monday. Got to draw on my "inner ODPURPLE" and kick some butt.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have the wire redone on my E4RS 09. Still not perfect but at least I can put the fan on top of the motor now...

Old 01-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Here are some of mine. Most of them are older, all of them could be better.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Just finished...

Attached Thumbnails Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-body_off3.jpg   Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-3-4_rear_bod_on.jpg  
Old 01-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Is that Trinity motor the same motor from your previous pics?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Is that Trinity motor the same motor from your previous pics?
Yep, Was terminals down when I took the pic.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

All I can say is wow to some of these nice wiring jobs. I have to tell Bob though that when I finish a wiring job I have to mess it up just a little to hide my OCD .

Here is a pic of my wide pan with homemade 3-link rear suspension, just completed front suspension. Ready for a road test with a Novak 3.5 R and LRP TC edition speed control. Note you can double click on these pictures now once you pop them up and they go full screen.
John
Attached Thumbnails Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-wide-pan-electrics-install.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 01-12-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Just finished...

Don't be lazy Bob, you can put some fake carbon fiber stickers on that on off switch...
Old 01-12-2009, 02:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've seen a few cars on here with black servo wires, are you guys just dying your stock wires, or is there a source that I can buy some black servo wire on a spool?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I've seen a few cars on here with black servo wires, are you guys just dying your stock wires, or is there a source that I can buy some black servo wire on a spool?

I've had so-so luck dying the receiver wires. It depends on the composition of the insulation it seems. It's also a PITA to hold the servo or esc 2 mm above steaming hot black death dye water for 20 minutes to get the wires to change color. I imagine a solvent to open the pores in the rubber might help. To be honest though black servo wire is a better option if you're handy with a soldering iron. Especially with Futaba servos as their leads are soldered to the most convenient edge of the PCB, as opposed to an Airtronics where you need a machete and a translator to find the PCB solder joint in the jungle of electronics. Not to mention the dyed wires many times just look like darker versions of their original colors even after lots and lots of dye, temperature, and time. Just my experience. . .maybe I didn't wait long enough.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
Don't be lazy Bob, you can put some fake carbon fiber stickers on that on off switch...
I'm gettin' to it.

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I've had so-so luck dying the receiver wires. . . .maybe I didn't wait long enough.
You guys are making it to much work... Permanent black marker, FTW!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

You can buy black wire, but a lot of people just use a black sharpie it works very well and looks nice and glossy
Old 01-12-2009, 04:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've just been buying 12" wire strands with Futaba plugs, dying those and then soldering to the circuit board. I can get them to stay black rather than discolor after time, just takes some time in the dye. I'm just looking for a manufacturer that sells wire that's already black in bulk. I can put connectors on myself, that's easy with the right tools. I found a good deal on a Hakko FX-951 iron for $220, so I think it's time to switch over to one of those to make these projects easier as well.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I'm gettin' to it.

You guys are making it to much work... Permanent black marker, FTW!
LOL yup!!

Originally Posted by artwork
You can buy black wire, but a lot of people just use a black sharpie it works very well and looks nice and glossy
Or a paint pen. Doesnt have that weird sharpie look, more flat black

I've just been buying 12" wire strands with Futaba plugs, dying those and then soldering to the circuit board. I can get them to stay black rather than discolor after time, just takes some time in the dye. I'm just looking for a manufacturer that sells wire that's already black in bulk. I can put connectors on myself, that's easy with the right tools. I found a good deal on a Hakko FX-951 iron for $220, so I think it's time to switch over to one of those to make these projects easier as well.
I have tried to actually solder black wire onto my Futaba servo, and it didnt work. I have a bunch of junk servos around, so I just took 3 el cheap-o servos I had, and used the black
Old 01-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Well so much for that "no discussion" bit at the beginning of this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.