Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #1771
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr View Post
Buy them here:
http://www.tqracing.com/rc_products.htm

Best wire ever!
Ok, this makes far more sense. I take it sensor cables are universal then. Ie. Those cable will work with my tekin esc and motors with both my rx8 and rs pro?

Also as aboce, seems to make sense to me to directly solder them.
Losi SCTE - Tekin RX8 / Pro4 4600 / Futaba ***** Mugen MBX6 Eco - Tekin RX8 / T8 1900 / Savox ***** Mugen MBX6TR - Eco / Tekin / Futaba ***** Emaxx - FLM / UE Supermaxx / Tekno hop ups ***** Axial SCX10 Honcho RTR (stock) ***** Losi 5ive T - Futaba / VRC / Rooster Tail 30.5cc / SNR
Suteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #1772
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Ok, So which servo is that?
It looks trick, so gonna do that with my next install... already hitting up TQ for wire!!
I'm wondering the same. How you get that strip shiny?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #1773
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

where can you buy new servo connectors you can crimp your self the tiny ones, in the front
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #1774
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have never bothered to shorten a sensor wire - I just buy the length that I want (http://www.tqracing.com/sensor.htm)

As for the servo wires - I do shorten these but I normally shorten them from the servo end by opening the case, unsoldering the wire, cutting it to length and then soldering it back on. A little bit fiddly

Option 2 would be to shorten the wire from the connector end. To do this you need these: http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...e-male-p-20166

Option 3 is to purchase a complete new servo wire (http://www.tqracing.com/TQ_2218_800x600.jpg) and then solder this to your servo after cutting to length.

There are some great examples in this forum of clean efficient wiring. Good work all.

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #1775
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Ok, So which servo is that?
It looks trick, so gonna do that with my next install... already hitting up TQ for wire!!
Its a futaba 9551. I just re routed the wires out the other end of the servo so they don't have to hang off the chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
I'm wondering the same. How you get that strip shiny?
Some nice black vinyl, and a sharp exacto blade to cut it to fit. Only issue with it is its a finger print magnet lol.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #1776
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cheers for that, I'm deffiently going to give that a shot with the Savox when my TQ order turns up.

Anyway, latest install at the moment... waiting on a few more bits to arrive, but I am digging the red motor wire, matches the batt good (and only reason I used it was had run out of black!!)

Fan wire needs tidying up, but difficult to route... any ideas? Otherwise, ESC wire needs lengthening to allow better routing, but given it's a HW V3, once it's in the Rx, never needs to come out again as all programming is done via the front port! And the inbuilt switch (with back lit LED) is pimp!

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-a700_v3_install.jpg  

Last edited by TryHard; 03-06-2012 at 05:31 AM. Reason: helps to attach the pictures!
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #1777
Tech Adept

Quote:
Cheers for that, I'm deffiently going to give that a shot with the Savox when my TQ order turns up.

Anyway, latest install at the moment... waiting on a few more bits to arrive, but I am digging the red motor wire, matches the batt good (and only reason I used it was had run out of black!!)

Fan wire needs tidying up, but difficult to route... any ideas? Otherwise, ESC wire needs lengthening to allow better routing, but given it's a HW V3, once it's in the Rx, never needs to come out again as all programming is done via the front port! And the inbuilt switch (with back lit LED) is pimp!

Ed
if no need to cross the A&C wires from motor to V3, it will be perfect.
mos-leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #1778
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Krusty View Post
I have never bothered to shorten a sensor wire - I just buy the length that I want (http://www.tqracing.com/sensor.htm)

As for the servo wires - I do shorten these but I normally shorten them from the servo end by opening the case, unsoldering the wire, cutting it to length and then soldering it back on. A little bit fiddly

Option 2 would be to shorten the wire from the connector end. To do this you need these: http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...e-male-p-20166

Option 3 is to purchase a complete new servo wire (http://www.tqracing.com/TQ_2218_800x600.jpg) and then solder this to your servo after cutting to length.

There are some great examples in this forum of clean efficient wiring. Good work all.

Simon
With soldering to the servo directly, how fiddly is this? I was considering soldering a whole new lead to my RX8 esc after it had become pinched so it would look a lot cleaner, but I was worried I could very easily stuff the esc itself. Same with my servo. Are these easy to do / what likely hood is there you'll stuff the entire esc or servo? Would you be better off / safer just cutting out the pinched area and just re-soldering that?

Also noticed since those cables are all black, how do you know which is positive negative?

Lastly, I noticed you can get Futaba / JR / Hitec connections, are these basically all the same? The JR looks basically like a Futaba connection minus the tab, they all work / insert the same yeh?
Losi SCTE - Tekin RX8 / Pro4 4600 / Futaba ***** Mugen MBX6 Eco - Tekin RX8 / T8 1900 / Savox ***** Mugen MBX6TR - Eco / Tekin / Futaba ***** Emaxx - FLM / UE Supermaxx / Tekno hop ups ***** Axial SCX10 Honcho RTR (stock) ***** Losi 5ive T - Futaba / VRC / Rooster Tail 30.5cc / SNR
Suteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #1779
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suteki View Post
With soldering to the servo directly, how fiddly is this? I was considering soldering a whole new lead to my RX8 esc after it had become pinched so it would look a lot cleaner, but I was worried I could very easily stuff the esc itself. Same with my servo. Are these easy to do / what likely hood is there you'll stuff the entire esc or servo? Would you be better off / safer just cutting out the pinched area and just re-soldering that?

Also noticed since those cables are all black, how do you know which is positive negative?

Lastly, I noticed you can get Futaba / JR / Hitec connections, are these basically all the same? The JR looks basically like a Futaba connection minus the tab, they all work / insert the same yeh?
You would stuff it I imagine, if you shorted the red and black, just make sure they aren't. It would definitely be easier to go the pin crimp route.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #1780
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It bugs the hell out of me that the white antanna tube get burned everytime I try to bend it. Need a new method.
4tec electric(first rc ever!)-----TA-05 hopped up and set for drifting
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #1781
Tech Adept

dat antenna!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #1782
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

What Method are you useing now?

I use a heat gun on the lowest setting and just get it warm enough to bend and then using a jig I made out of wood slowly bend it into the jig and then slowly back the heat away and let it cool

I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
jdeadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #1783
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was using the lighter method. Ill give the heat gun a try. Now I just need to find it!!!
4tec electric(first rc ever!)-----TA-05 hopped up and set for drifting
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #1784
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Clear bodies

Some of you guys setups need to driven in clear bodies.... lmao

sick wiring skills...

quick question: i have the 3rd hand jig i got from harbor freight for like 10 bucks best buy ever lol..... how tough is it to solder new black wires to the servo? Aslo what can you do to the sec's wires with out voiding it?
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #1785
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

Ed
Hi Ed,

Did you try unscrewing the fan and rotating in 180? Not sure if the A700 has enough room but doing it this way you may be able to run the fan wire under the front of the motor and then return it to the receiver down the centre of the car under the shaft.

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote