Wiki Posts
Search

Pit/Hauler bag

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/index...OD&ProdID=2568

This is probabaly the most popular and durable bag out there!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here are some great bags from Team Magic.

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/index.php?p=

Originally Posted by jbmx4life
I am looking into buying a Pit/Hauler bag for my 1/10 TC because I am lugging around 3 bags right now and this is getting tiring. I am pretty sure that I am going to be acquiring more stuff through the years as I go so i want something that is big enough to be "future proof', I guess. I was looking at the Trinity T-8 bags but saw some bad reviews on them and most places are sold out. There is also the Trinity T-10 bag, but I am not so sure about something that is a bit smaller.

So I guess what I am looking for here is:

Suggestions/Personal opinions on bags (that you have either owned or know of)
A good place to buy one as the local hobby shop doesn't have any and I might need it for this week yet (i.e. possible overnight shipping)

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akhor
Do you have photo's of the inside of the venoms bag with the compartments?
Anyone??
Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I own the TM F8 bag.........my recommandation is, just like setup board, even if you are only running 1/10th scale, always go BIGGER...always buy the 1/8the setup board and buy the 1/8th hauler bag.

About TM F8 vs the Venoms vs Trinity T8..yes, they are exactly the same OEM by some mfr over China. TM and Trinity are great, but like $60-70 more then the Venoms one. But on top of that, Venoms one, each box, there are some TAB reinforcing which I saw on my friends one few weeks ago. I think that is a PLUS for Venoms. (I never seen anyone using the T8 Trinity one yet, so I am not sure their boxes are the same with the reinforcing tabs or not).

If I have to buy another one...I would go Venoms because it is cheaper (TOWER) and has the little extra reinforcing on each box. However, NOT a big fan of that eye killing neon green colour. TM one are better looking for sure.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Anyone??
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...9220&pageNum=1

Venom one is the same EXCEPT Venom has some silver tabs like ppl use to reinforce the 1/8th LOLA type body (forgot the name of those tabs called)...I think it is a big plus, and they are like $60 USD cheaper then TM and Trinity.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Cool... I was wondering if the interior boxes are the same.

Sounds like they are.. So this is the way I'll be going!

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I picked up a used TM F8 bag locally and like it a lot.
Being used it did have a couple issues, one being the currugated plastic handle reinforcement was cracked by the first rivet on the handle side. All I did was get some St STL strapping plates from a Menards and just bolted them over the cracked area using flat head screws on the bottom strap. You will have to trim the height on the back of the drawer to clear the bottom strap, but this repair is WAY stronger than the origonal.

As far as the Four boxes being the same size, the one that is on the lower right is slightly narrower than the other three. This is to clear the casters.

The top drawer will hold a couple of TC on there side and still have room for some smaller stuff.

All in all i would rate this as a very good hauler to get.
Bob Oaks
Old 01-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

The best way to sit your TCs in this type of bag is place them verticle on the side...that way, you can stack 3 TCs on the big box... Most of the time I only have 2 and then I can stuff in whatever stuff I have for the left over space.

Overall, I wish I can get this bag eariler...
Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone??

I have one of the Venom bags and its been great for the little time that i have had it. Its nice that the drawers have screws and nuts that hold them together. For the price you cant beat it. The Neon Green Snake is strange but I can deal with it when I saved 60+ dollars over the TM8 bag.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

I picked up a Trinity T-10 and it is a bit small but also it won't get so heavy that I can't lift it. It fits on the back seat of my sedan (not in the trunk) and holds all my heavy gear. For the cars, radio, tires and miscelaneous stuff I use a Ski duffle bag.

One of the tracks I race at now is on the third floor and carrying a bag that weighs 50 to 75 pounds is a bit much for my poor old back.

Trinity is having a sale on these now.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin K
I have one of the Venom bags and its been great for the little time that i have had it. Its nice that the drawers have screws and nuts that hold them together. For the price you cant beat it. The Neon Green Snake is strange but I can deal with it when I saved 60+ dollars over the TM8 bag.
Awesome, because I just finished ordering this Hauler!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

I got the t10 bag from trinity and unless your not hauling often I wouldn't get it. trinity got it made like the f10 and f8 magic bags but with cheaper materials. the strap broke putting it in the van the week I bought it and then the material ripped after I fixed it and the boxes are hard plastic but are rough on the edges. stick with the other if even more costly bags
Old 01-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
I got the t10 bag from trinity and unless your not hauling often I wouldn't get it. trinity got it made like the f10 and f8 magic bags but with cheaper materials. the strap broke putting it in the van the week I bought it and then the material ripped after I fixed it and the boxes are hard plastic but are rough on the edges. stick with the other if even more costly bags
I don't know, I'd bet they're the same materials since my F8 bag hasn't exactly proven to be all that durable.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

my e10 bad didn't last one flight to vegas the guy I go to all the big races with has had 2 f8 bags that have been to vegas cleveland orlando 3 or 4 times each connicutt omaha detroit and cincy over the last 4 or 5 years. they are worth the difference in money. I have one of the monster hualer bags from trinity and if it wasn't for the rollers in the e10 it was good just heavy carrying.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
my e10 bad didn't last one flight to vegas the guy I go to all the big races with has had 2 f8 bags that have been to vegas cleveland orlando 3 or 4 times each connicutt omaha detroit and cincy over the last 4 or 5 years. they are worth the difference in money. I have one of the monster hualer bags from trinity and if it wasn't for the rollers in the e10 it was good just heavy carrying.
I think it's the luck of the draw... They're coming out of the same factory and are nearly identical. I have the F8 and my dad has the T8. I have one pocket that the seam has fallen out the bottom, the shoulder strap has broken, and one of the zippers is broken. It's now virtually useless and I'm in the market for another... My dad's is fine, but it's also newer. The last thing I will be doing is buying another TM bag. I've looked at it side by side with my dad's and quality of materials seems the same and I'd imagine the same goes for the Venom bag. I'll be saving some money and getting the Venom bag or the Stanley box that people have posted here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.