Search

Looking for a little Novak GTS capicator help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Post Looking for a little Novak GTS capicator help

Hi all,

I've got a Novak GTS installed in my 12th scale and one of the capacitor leads broke off flush with the bottom of the capacitor body. It's rated at 16v and 680 micorfarad. This is the stock one: https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=NOV5682

What would be the benefits, if any, of going to a more powerful capacitor? I run 19 turn but mod may be an option at some point down the road. I found this one: https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=NOV5674. It's rated at 2700 microfarad and 25v. Is that overkill or a good upgrade since I've got to replace the current one anyways? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Doesnt really make a difference. The bigger capacitor in theory should provide alittle smoother power if there is a sudden momentary voltage drop.

You could save yourself acouple of bucks by going to your local Radio Shack, or other electronics supply place. You can buy the same capacitor for $0.25 there.

Shawn.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Shawn, that's kind of what I figured. I'll try to find something around the same specs and pick up a handful of them just in case another one bites the dust. Thanks!!!