Droop measurement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Droop measurement

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Just checking there . I've been converting many guys to this method of droop measurement, locally.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

here's what i'm using...i dunno how to calculate anything else..but this one works great for me...i have a tc3 a losi and an RS4 pro 2 and all of them are set-up the same way (droop) and works really great for me....i race concrete and asphalt...

here's the link
http://www.teamlosi.com/xxxs_page/xxxs_droop.htm
Old 10-24-2003, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Joel Lagace

Once your car is race ready this is the time i measure ride height:
*5mm
Then i measure the rideheight with the shocks at max uptravel by pulling up on the shock tower.
*7mm
My droop is:
*2mm

so you only measure the ride height of the car by putting the gadge under the chassis

not under the arm right
Old 10-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LOSI: That methode is fine in general if your running rubber tires. Since your tire diameter and ride height normally stay the same. So you can set droop and leave it and make slight changes as needed. IF running foam though that method will not be as convineint as your diameter is constantly changing and your ride height also has to change more often.

CALVIN:Yes measure your ride height at each end of the chassis with your guage then lift the chassis top of suspension travel and measure again. Subtract uptravel from ride height to get your droop.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joel Lagace
[B]LOSI: That methode is fine in general if your running rubber tires. Since your tire diameter and ride height normally stay the same. So you can set droop and leave it and make slight changes as needed. IF running foam though that method will not be as convineint as your diameter is constantly changing and your ride height also has to change more often.

i do run foam on asphalt...and yes i true the tires then set the ride height again w/o changing the droop...

too much method..so confusing...hehe
Old 10-24-2003, 04:41 PM

ok thanx guyz

i was gonna buy a droop gauge too
Old 10-24-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Joel you are exactly correct. Everyone should set their droop exactly the way you stated it- and very well stated I might add...

I have been preaching this type of droop measurements since rctech stated. In fact, David Joor and I had a good thread about it and a while back there was the set-ups and blah blah something or other thread that went on forever. I bet I told the correct way to set droop 10 times over the last 2 years

I think Shane should make a locked sticky thread to put at the top of this forum that tells the correct method for setting ride height, droop, tweak with a tweak station (man we have been over that 10K times also), chassis balancing, and whatever other setup methods we use to correctly setup a good car.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:34 PM

whats the correct way to tweak with a tweak staion? and height?
Old 10-25-2003, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

CALVIN: Side question.

Just check out your clubs site. Do you guys race at a military base? That index page looks like your in a CFB hangar. Im an ex military brat my self. Never lived in Alberta though.

This must help reduce your clubs expences.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by Joel Lagace
CALVIN: Side question.

Just check out your clubs site. Do you guys race at a military base? That index page looks like your in a CFB hangar. Im an ex military brat my self. Never lived in Alberta though.

This must help reduce your clubs expences.
its not a military base

its just an old aiport museum. we have 2 airports one in the downtown area, one on the south side way out of the city.

the first airport (downtown) closed down to move. Now its just an airport for flying your personal plains. the hanger is beside an old airport museum. i guess its there storage space or something. last time i went to the museum for a field trip and the hanger was filled up with airplane parts and stuff. i guess there rebuilding some of the old planes. next thing you know im r/cing there!
im pretty sure its not a military base. i dont think

i dunno anything about the rent fee. it should be pretty good. we can race at alot of other places like schools and warehouses so it should be pretty good

[email protected] <-msn messenger
Old 10-28-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Good stuff.