Wiki Posts
Search

IP4600 Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default IP4600 Lipo

Hi All,

Has anyone tried the Intellect Lipos, primarily the IP4600 20C and the IP4200 30C?,
Can anyone give me some feedback on the performance?

Thanks Ya`All
Old 01-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the Fantom lipos are Intellect 3800's they are awsome packs and very competitive to other manufactured lipos at a reasonable price, Jeff has 3800 25c and 35c packs!!! check it out http://www.fantomracing.com/ you won't be disapointed!! here is a test result from them

sec: 418

AgVlt 7.36

AIR 6.1

this at room temp. cycled on a GFX at a 35amp discharge
Old 01-02-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks

Im particular more interested in knowing whether is better to have more mah, rather than a higher C rate.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it really depends on what you are going to run, for intance if you were to run modified or 1/8 scale something like that a higher mah and higher C rating would be better, but if your going to run oval or road coarse, its not that critiical to have a higher C rated pack or a higher mah. A higher mah pack will give you more run time and keep the voltage higher longer, but you will still never see the full pultental of a 5000mah pack, reason being is in oval and road coarse racing, we do not pull huge amounts of amps that some of these lipo are capable of in order to see a big difference in the packs... I race for Fantom on oval, I been using a 25C pack for awile, and resently tried the new 35c pack and did not see a night and day change on the track, reason is that I'm not pulling enough amps to see this difference... I was competing against guys that ran 5000mah packs and they were not blowing me away by any means!!! The biggest thing is to think about what you are going to run, what class? then buy a lipo that fits your buget and your class from a well trusted manufacture that will help you if something were to go wrong or if you
to have any questions...

hope this helps
jon
Fantom Racing