Wiki Posts
Search

Need help in deciding

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pantherblack
NO NO I didn't mean I was going to upgrade right away, I just asked if there were some parts that I SHOULD upgrade for added strength and durability right of the bat

as for the motor, is there any brands I should stay away from??
Right, I don't think there is anything you need to upgrade in advance until you break something. Most of people buy extra suspension arms, suspension pins, uprights and C hubs. These are the common parts people break often. From your lesson learn you will know which parts are weak, why you break particular parts often, you may break different parts from others. So drive slowly until you get used to the car, you can use some cones to practice turning in a big field, then I believe you can play the car for quite a long time without buying any parts

As for the motors I am not a motor guy so cannot really tell you which brands you should avoid. But don't dig into what motor you should buy too much, search for some threads here and go for some known brands like Trinity, Associated, Orion, Novak etc. then have fun, that is the most important part isn't it
Old 01-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 05forfun
Right, I don't think there is anything you need to upgrade in advance until you break something. Most of people buy extra suspension arms, suspension pins, uprights and C hubs. These are the common parts people break often. From your lesson learn you will know which parts are weak, why you break particular parts often, you may break different parts from others. So drive slowly until you get used to the car, you can use some cones to practice turning in a big field, then I believe you can play the car for quite a long time without buying any parts

As for the motors I am not a motor guy so cannot really tell you which brands you should avoid. But don't dig into what motor you should buy too much, search for some threads here and go for some known brands like Trinity, Associated, Orion, Novak etc. then have fun, that is the most important part isn't it
Alright sounds good, thanks for all your replies and help, now I want the car so I can drive it, lol

Mike
Old 01-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

It is always best to stick with something that your LHS stocks parts for. Team Associated is always a safe and competitive car...
Old 01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

one more question

Team Associated TC4 RTR OR Hot Bodies Cyclone S RTR

What car is "better" out of the box
There are alot of local hobby shops in the area that I live and they pretty much all have support for these 2 cars

Thanks
Mike
Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

these two cars are different, TC4 is shaft driven whereas Cyclone S is belt driven, both are good car though. Most of people will suggest you to buy Cyclone S I suppose because now nearly all top racers use belt driven kits, but it is really personal preference I think. To be honest if I were you I might go for Cyclone S, I think I have been affected by others Anyway whichever you like and your local shop support the parts most, then go for it
Old 01-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the reply

Mike