Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SOME HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default SOME HELP PLEASE

I need some help please.I have a steering problem on the tight turns.With my setup on asphalt the turn radius is very big so the car has a lot less steering.EPA on my transmitter is on 80% and i cannot increase it more because if i do it i'll lose the rear end.My set up is:
Spool in front
Differential (loose) rear
Front springs xray blue soft medium (22.5 lb)
Rear springs xray Yellow super soft (14lb)
Ride high 6mm front-rear
Front droop 6mm
Rear droop 4mm
Front toe out 1'
Rear toe in 3'
Front camber 1'
Rear camber 2'
Tyres muchmore sweep 32

Other that use a front differential or increasing EPA what do you suggest me to do? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Spool doesn't have diff function, you may want to try front diff. Did you compare your car's turning with others' at very slow speed? If your car has the same turning diameter, then you may try different setup.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

On very slow speeds looks ok and the turning diameter i could say is accepted for a front spool.The problem is more intensive on higher speeds.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Another thing i have to mention is that i haven't this problem before when i was running on foams.I have this issue now that i decide to run on sliks.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would turn the EPA back up and change the tires your using. and get rid of the front toe out.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Tires was the first thing i had in my mind to change.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

If you still want to use foams, as skypilot said try some toe in for 2 degree or so.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What car are you running?

If "Front droop 6mm" means you lift the front end 6mm from ride height to when the tires lift off the track, that's a lot. And with 2mm more front than rear, you will transfer extra weight to the rear on power, resulting in push.

The large stagger in spring weights front/rear might be causing push, depending on where you are mounting the shocks.

Try lowering your front ride height 0.5 or even 1 mm, if your track is not too bumpy.

If you are not running a lot of power (e.g. you are running a 17.5) you might try reducing the rear toe.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
What car are you running?

If "Front droop 6mm" means you lift the front end 6mm from ride height to when the tires lift off the track, that's a lot. And with 2mm more front than rear, you will transfer extra weight to the rear on power, resulting in push.

The large stagger in spring weights front/rear might be causing push, depending on where you are mounting the shocks.

Try lowering your front ride height 0.5 or even 1 mm, if your track is not too bumpy.

If you are not running a lot of power (e.g. you are running a 17.5) you might try reducing the rear toe.
I'm running a T1FK05 with a MM7700.Front shocks mount one hole below the higher one (n.3 from 4) and rear shocks mount 4 holes below the higher one (n.3 from 6)

Last edited by Born2Run; 01-01-2009 at 03:52 PM.