R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Anyone Used KOFORD Tire Traction Before?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/263412-anyone-used-koford-tire-traction-before.html)

s13evo 12-29-2008 08:32 PM

Anyone Used KOFORD Tire Traction Before??

Went to my local hobby shop to buy some traction compound for my foam tires and they only had this

(KOFORD ENGINEERING Professional Heavy Tire Traction compound).

anyone heard of this company and used there compound on there foam tires ??

thanks In advance.

Steve Rossi 12-29-2008 08:36 PM

koford was a big name slot car company i wonder if the traction compound is the slot car track glue very sticky hard for foamies to absorb:sneaky:

Ron Goetter 12-29-2008 08:42 PM

yea that stuff is the glue they use on slot car tracks. I would not use it on any kinda of foam but the foam tires for slot cars....

Ffejdat 12-29-2008 08:45 PM

Wrong kingd of tire traction, is for slot cars, way too sticky for RC, plus most places and Roar would consider it illegal, tire compound cant be so sticky as to have something actually "stick" to it, like a tissue or rag, a good alternative to actual RC tire traction is Goop hand cleaner, will work better than no traction compound.. Sunblock also works OK, often preferred for outdoor cars on asphalt...

s13evo 12-29-2008 09:49 PM

thanks for the fast replys ill will return it tommorrow. wonder why they sold me this for my foam tires? they told me everyone was using it.

my track pretty much is outdoor aspahlt and has no rules. will this stuff still work, or pretty much cant be absorbed into the foam for pan cars?

will try some hand cleaner and lotion.

RCMits 12-29-2008 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by s13evo (Post 5224608)
thanks for the fast replys ill will return it tommorrow. wonder why they sold me this for my foam tires? they told me everyone was using it.

my track pretty much is outdoor aspahlt and has no rules. will this stuff still work, or pretty much cant be absorbed into the foam for pan cars?

will try some hand cleaner and lotion.

asphalt?
stick-et or paragon..

s13evo 12-30-2008 12:16 AM

Yes asphalt. right now just applied some 30fps sunblock. will see how that goes until i can order some paragon.

s13evo 12-30-2008 12:43 AM

Wow so far the sunblock looks promising. i can feel the tire have alot more grip. just tested in my room and the car does not do spinouts anymore. will see how it goes at the track.

Wondering if anyone know if 30fps sunblock works this good will a higher SPF like spf45 make a difference :smile:

flyernemesis 12-30-2008 07:33 AM

higher lanolin content

I believe a higher lanolin content is what you should look for. The spf rating isn't necessarily what you are looking for. We used to run gojo for traction compound quite awhile ago. Ffejdat is very knowledgeable!!!!