R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Eagle CDC V6.0B/Integy 16x5v6 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/26231-eagle-cdc-v6-0b-integy-16x5v6.html)

sosidge 10-18-2003 04:07 AM

Eagle CDC V6.0B/Integy 16x5v6

Can anyone with one of these chargers answer a couple of questions I have about it?

Is it supposed to cut off for a couple of seconds each minute as it charges? (not false-peaking, but stopping the current to the cells)

Does the battery capacity setting (e.g.3300 for GP's) have any effect on how much charge gets put in, or is it just so the charger can calculate partial and trickle charges?

I had a small addenda (in Japanese) for my version B - it mentioned charge rates for 3300's, the "Batt V too low/too high" error, and a table with numbers from 1 to 10 and Amp ratings - is there any important info there I should know about in there?

Thanks.

Tres 10-18-2003 06:37 AM

Yes, it will stop charging every so often...

I think it's like every 50+ sec for 6 sec.

Great charger....

The 16x9v6 is very nice also...

marvi 10-18-2003 09:09 AM

yes, it does that. i think it waits for the voltage to stabilize before it resumes charging. it also happens during discharging

i dont think the capacity setting affects it because ive had some fully discharged GP3300s that go all the way to 3900mah :confused:

this is an almost perfect charger for me, if not for the blue backlight that sometimes goes out :cool:

sosidge 10-18-2003 09:58 AM

Thanks for the reassurance! I had never seen a charger stop mid-charge before. I also charged some GP's to about 3800 since posting before, so there can't be a cutoff.

TFR 10-18-2003 10:20 AM

I'm looking for a 2nd charger along with my pitbull and this charger seems to be the one, I was wondering what's the difference between this two charger other then who re-badged who. What is that Integy's VESC or whatever technology really means?

David Root 10-18-2003 11:04 AM

VESC

Means it stops every minute for a few seconds. This stops false peaking of the batteries. This is for the first 6 minutes, or 11 minutes if the battery needs it or even as high as 20 minutes. Usually it will be for the first 6 minutes.

Setting the MAH on the 16 X 5 ONLY sets the trickle rate. Just set it below 1000 Mah and it will NOT trickle which is what we want for NIMH.

David Root

sosidge 10-18-2003 12:33 PM

The Eagle and Integy are identical. Eagle make it.

Mine is the v6, and on this you have the option to turn trickle OFF, no need to set a low capacity value - I don't know whether older versions lack this function.

TFR 10-18-2003 03:25 PM

Thanks, I thought the VESC technology option/function was only in the Integy re-badged one. I guess I could purchase the Eagle one now for a lower price.

Thanks.