Advertising Policy Feedback & Ideas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advertising Policy Feedback & Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good, but what is the "limited signiture size" going to be, if you have even figured it out yet?
Old 11-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sounds like a good deal Shane. I will sign up when you get it working.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:21 PM
R/C Tech Founder

spongebob: Most everything should go into effect on January 1st. So a little less than two months to go.

Intermission: I am thinking 2-3 lines, maximum. Not sure if I will allow links or not. Still no images, although I may let subscribers place a small (and I do mean small) image there.
Old 11-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shane 1 quick question, have you thought of a family plan also?? There are three of us in this household who use your website alot. 25.00 for the first and then something lesser in price for each additional family member if possible?? Thanks for what your doing for rc.
Old 11-08-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

I'll definately be subscribing.

futureal - Would a small gif be allowed in place of the small pic as a part of the sig? If no that's cool, just asking.
Attached Thumbnails Advertising Policy Feedback & Ideas-westie.gif  
Old 11-08-2003, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default so..

so shane, i've been reading the last 2 pages of the tread, and everything sounds great, but i'm still confused alittle. If you don't subscribe, you have a limited signature, and no avatars or fancy stuff, but you still get to post. And how much is the sub. fee. Just wondering, just so when the time comes around i won't be broke and can't subscibe right away(i just wouldn't want to miss anything).
Old 11-09-2003, 12:16 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by tmunno
Shane 1 quick question, have you thought of a family plan also?? There are three of us in this household who use your website alot. 25.00 for the first and then something lesser in price for each additional family member if possible?? Thanks for what your doing for rc.
Yea, that is something I could think about. Good idea!

Originally posted by fatdoggy
I'll definately be subscribing.

futureal - Would a small gif be allowed in place of the small pic as a part of the sig? If no that's cool, just asking.
Not sure how I will handle pics yet. Honestly, though, I'd prefer to not allow animation in signatures.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:17 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Default Re: so..

Originally posted by pro3racer
so shane, i've been reading the last 2 pages of the tread, and everything sounds great, but i'm still confused alittle. If you don't subscribe, you have a limited signature, and no avatars or fancy stuff, but you still get to post. And how much is the sub. fee. Just wondering, just so when the time comes around i won't be broke and can't subscibe right away(i just wouldn't want to miss anything).
I never said anything about changing avatars or anything. The *only* limitation that non-subscribers would have is the signature length. Nothing else would change. I was going to implement signature control anyway (there are a few people on here with rather large ones now).

As I posted earlier, it would be $25/year.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

are there anything we can do to our profile or custom stuff to save you money? just tryin to help.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Not really. The main cost of the site is broken into two parts, the server hardware and the bandwidth. The server hardware depends on the amount of activity, while the bandwidth depends on the size of data. More attachment downloads lead to more bandwidth, for example.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

As you can imagine - I'm completely in favor of this - it sounds really quite good.

Very little change for the existing or "basic" services.
Addition of "little things" for subscribers.

Me like!

When do we sign up?
Old 11-10-2003, 01:04 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I am very much hoping to have everything ready by January 1st, or thereabouts.

I have other ideas for extra features as well, but I am going to hold off on saying anything until I can move through the work I have yet to do and then see where I'm at.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default food for thought

Just a short comment. keep the banner ads at the current price level. For those that want to sell in the forums ask $ 2.00 per ad per month and have them auto parse after 30 days. This cost should help defray the cost of keeping the site solvent. There are many people that post here all the time with items for sale, if done on ebay or Yahoo auctions they would have to pay as they would for a local newspaper. Nice guy or not , you have to keep things paid and freebies are not doing it. i dont feel that there is anyone that would complain about $ 2.00 for a months ad. You stated a long time ago that those posting were not to bump their posts but it is still happening way too much. By charging a small fee you could help eliminate this by the auto parse? you also need some moderators that are not wise asses and will do what has to be done with the bumping, one warning and then suspension from the site for 60 days. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Whoa! Holy thread resurrection batman!

I actually have no idea what the current advertising policy is, or who the paying advertisers are. It makes things pretty difficult to moderate sometimes.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The problem with subscriptions is that it would stunt the growth of the site. Sure, a good number of people would be willing to pay a small fee, but I think a much larger number would rather go somewhere else.

It is something I have thought about, but I'm just not to the point yet that I want to force people to pay to use the site. Especially not when there are so many alternatives out there.
I couldnt agree more.
From my experience from sites where u can upload and share photos, those that start asking for a subscription are as good as dead.

The best and smartest advertisement policy i know is made by google. No pop-ups, just some smart links (ie: links on youre right when u do a search). In a forum it would make sense to put links related to the subject. Batterie question?-->SMC advertisement link. Where to buy? --->RCmart advertisement link.

Just my .02 cents...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.