Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HPI Sprint 2 Flux any good? >

HPI Sprint 2 Flux any good?

HPI Sprint 2 Flux any good?

Old 03-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

sorry to bump this, but i'm going to order a sprint 2 flux soon.

any comments or reviews on this car?

edit: going with something more track use effective and leaning more towards buying a hotbodies cyclone tc.

Last edited by fluxhonda; 03-25-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
It should be a good/competitive car.

From the looks of it, HPI has given rebirth to their old RS4 Pro 2 cars. Just a little revamp to some of the pieces.

That car/chassis was the poop back in the day!

Sprint 2 Flux

RS4 Pro 2
never seen that before, but that's cool XD

Originally Posted by Kyle_12345
Hey guys does anyone know where i can find a bare chassis of a sprint 2 flux? i looked on ebay but theres nothing there.
go on ebay and look for regular sprint 2's. You might have to buy one with some crappy electronics and replace them, but it's cheaper than a new one.

Are you looking at the cyclone TC or the S version? the TC is a nice car, but the S is very fragile, especially the hubs and rear chassis. you can correct it, but it costs. If you're looking at the S, stick with a sprint 2 or look at the TA05. it comes as a kit too
Old 03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

i owned a hpi sprint 2 with mamba electrics,parking lot raced with friends with it and local club raced with it also using better tires.The stock shocks i replaced with hpi competition shocks with lighter hpi springs,it made a big improvment in handling.One thing that really bugged me was the amount of play the steering had which made the car wander a bit and when i went to order a rear suspension mount that was bent from being rear ended at a race,was told it was discontinued,so i bent it back with a hammer sold it as a roller for 80 bucks and bought a new used cyclone s roller for 70 and never looked back and dont miss it at all.Great as a parking lot basher,but unless you dremmel a pieces of the rear bulk head for clearence plan on replacing rear belts as pebbles get trapped between the rear belt and bulk head and tear them up.I would get a cyclone s rtr.Ive never broken a c-hub yet,i just dremmeld the steering stop block enough to clear the hubs so they dont bang up against and break the c-hub which gave me more steering also and for the rear i dremmeld off the carrying handle or rear bumper some call it and all is fine
Old 03-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

what's the difference between the sprint 2 and the sprint two flux?

I use to love my rs4 pro. that was my second real rc car =]
Old 03-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LATC3

I use to love my rs4 pro. that was my second real rc car =]
The flux comes with a brushless motor.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I believe the difference between the two are that The Sprint 2 Flux comes with the HPI Brushless system and the Sprint 2 just comes with a regular motor and esc

I'm not 100% on this, someone feel free to chime in

Originally Posted by LATC3
Old 03-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlie_b
The flux comes with a brushless motor.

so HPI threw in a brushless system in the sprint 2 and added the name flux? hmmm pretty cool idea!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Plan on gettin a flux myself

I was wondering in order to get mine to above 70mph, if i added traxxas vxl 3350x system with ESC, fan for for esc and fan for the motor (Velineon VXL-3s ESC, Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor and high-current connector) what other parts would i need upgrading? Eg. The servo? What are ur thoughts to get the max performance with that sytem.
@milton feel free to share your expertise ill appreciate it
Old 05-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think you can get one to do 70. The question is for how long before the tires come apart and the belt comes unraveled and the speedo melts. It can be done. Does the stock system handle 3S Lipo? If you just want a fast parking lot runner and you don't have to be legal for any racing class then I would see if you can get a 3S or higher Lipo and maybe a 550 sized motor with a speedo that can handle that.

Check out the thread called Sprint 2 making a silk purse from a sows ear. Its much more up to date.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

The rc guru at my local hobby runs a Sprint 2, and he seems very happy with it. He's had more expensive TC cars, and seems to prefer the Sprint 2. I guess here locally we do have more HPI parts available locally
Old 05-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

the traxxas vxl system both motor and esc can handle 3S lipo and it is built for 70mph speeds but im not just looking to hit the top speed and not enjoy drivng around. i dont do any barshing or competitive races but id like to out do anyone if i was challenged lol. is the speedo the same as the servo? bcuz i will be gettin a high torque 2075 traxxas servo aswell. does hpi have upgraded belts if i need to get one? what other parts would i need to upgrade