Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T1M

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

To all that are waiting or thinking of getting a T1M.I just now realized that this kit does not come with what I call a bible.What Xray calls a set up book.It tells you basic set up and internal gear ratio.The T1M instrution book does not tell you what your internal gear ratio is.I have searched hi and low for this info in all the bookletts that was in the kit.But to info.Good thing that I own a T1R to gather this info from.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thinking about getting one. they seem very cool.
what im worried about is getting bodies, setups and finding a place that sells the buggers. my LHS doesnt, and the place i usually buy my stuff online from doesnt have them either. Horizon seems very overpriced (i could be wrong). where did everyone here get theirs?

oh, BuMp! btw
Old 03-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NVisible
thinking about getting one. they seem very cool.
what im worried about is getting bodies, setups and finding a place that sells the buggers. my LHS doesnt, and the place i usually buy my stuff online from doesnt have them either. Horizon seems very overpriced (i could be wrong). where did everyone here get theirs?

oh, BuMp! btw
Speedtech RC has numerous 1/12 TC bodies including the cartoonish bodies.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I ran my T1M for the first time this weekend. I first tried it with a 19t Ultrabird handout.... Was plenty fast, but since I had my hands on a 8x2 D5.. I had to try it.. Car was fast and stable.... ran for ever. Ran the stock setup with a Yok/Xray Stratus on CS 27 premounts. Very easy to drive with the stock setup.

This car is a friggen blast !!!!!

Very easy on tires, and very, very durable with those super short arms.

Does anyone know What bodies fit this car ?, ones that we can buy readily ?
Old 04-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

It would have been nice to have a small setup book with the car, I could not find the ratio.... and just took a shot on the gearing...

Last edited by TimPotter; 04-20-2004 at 05:39 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TimPotter
I towuld have been nice to have a small setup book with the car, I could not find the ratio.... and just took a shot on the gearing...
I think the gearing would be the same as the T1 (2.125). They use the same bulkheads and diff gears, but have have shorter arms, right?
Old 04-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

I just checked the Xray site on the specs and it is 2.125:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...81&kategoria=0
Old 04-20-2004, 05:41 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Headbanger.. that what I assumed too.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

My T1M arrived last week after a six week wait but now it's been on the track it was worth the wait.

Using a 12 x 2 motor and have geared on 27/93 with the low ratio pulley set installed ( 1.77 )

Kit set up except for 40wt oil and only 2º rear toe in.
Take off CS22GL pre mounted tyres.

Car is a blast to drive and is very light on electrics - Nothing comming off to hot and the com hardly gets marked.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

OUR local club runs a mini class for a long time, any 4WD mini runs a 19t motor w/ 4 cells (HPI, XRAY, YOK, EXPRESS) agianst 2WD car with STOCK 27T motors and 6 cells , this can is so easy on parts , i can run 10 to 12 mins. on 4 cells. AWESOME.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:18 AM
sup
Tech Addict

any updates on this kit? been reading back issues of magazines and i think im getting tempted to buy this kit
Old 06-10-2004, 01:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Try it, you'll like it

If you are on the fence, sup, just get the kit.

I am not a racer, but I would were there a closer track.

That said, I really like my T1M. Smooth. Tough as nails. I've cartwheeled it, rolled it a bunch of times, and it did not lose its setup whatsoever, let alone damage anything (cracked one shock ball link a bit, but only a wee bit).

I have only tried my T1M with 4 cells and with 7 cells. Motor/ESC is a Novak SS 5800 BL (had to grind the chassis to get it to fit -- against the recommendation of xray staff). With 4 cells the T1M is pretty classy. With 7, it is of course nuts -- a fast, very dense brick.

The T1M is plain a lot of fun. Get one, if you are remotely interested and have the budget. Very well engineered car. Looks kind of out of proportion with the 1/10 wheels, but hey, if they didn't do that the product would be a non-starter.

My next car will very likely be a regular T1, since I can share so many parts from the T1M and the T1 is a more common scale. I have yet to install/try the front one-way, the low-ratio pulley set, etc. I am learning as I go.

Finding the 165mm bodies for the T1M is a complete, utter hassle, though, unless you want the stratus. I asked one other mfr, and they said they had no plans to do anything.

It seems like xray has sold like next to none of these anywhere -- seems that way anyway.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

my T1m conversion is for sale or trade in the for sale section if anyone is interested..........Joe B
Old 05-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy T1M Grip roll

Hi everyone

I raced my T1m last night for the first time, It surprised me on speed I am running 4x 3300s and a fantom v2 8x2 turn with 93 - 21 gearing, it was ballistic but on corners i was going for a record on barrel rolls.

I have white springs all round, 5mm ground clearence, cs22 then lp24 all with too much grip. Standard out of the box setup.
Can anyone help?

Regards
Aliracing