Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TBEVO Aluminum Steering set

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Default Tamiya TBEVO Aluminum Steering set

Hi all,

Have any TB EVO owner change their steering to Aluminum steering set?? is the part number 53365 the right steering set??

I got myself the steering set and right now i am having problem fitting it into the car. Did any of you do any modification to it to make it fit?

by the way, did you guys use the aluminum post in the package or the post from the car???

Thanks
Old 01-16-2002, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

what difference does the alu steering make compared with the plastic ones? it makes the cars heavier?
Old 01-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

It looks better
Old 01-16-2002, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

The Alu ones are much more precision made and you can upgrade the 850 bronze bushed to ball bearings to make it better further.... a bit heavier than the plastic ones.... yes... but it also looks the business

Only issue is the captive ball joint... there is still slop there so I prefer the snap fit ones. OK they do wear out but I get no slop... I use Schumacher plastci ball joints there... they are tuff nuff!
Old 01-16-2002, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

does anyone has any answers to the question to my first post?

Alu doesn't flex like plastic does. So the steering is much more percise then the plastic steering. and yes it does look better.
Old 01-16-2002, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

The steering is good for the TB-01 according to the Tamiya site.... so I guess if you got the same carbon chassis as the carbon chassis upgrade for the TB-01 (part number 53408 ) then I guess it iwll fit.... check it out as I have not got an Evo..... (yet)
Old 01-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

EVO doesn't take on the same carbon chassis as the regular TB01. the only problem I have with the Al steering is that the bottom tie-rod is too high up and it get caught on the drive shaft. I have try different ways to lower it, but still can't get it to lower enough to what stock steering set does.

Anyone has any experience with it please help
Old 01-16-2002, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

the part you bought is for the TB-01 not the EVO, the EVO drive shaft is lower than the TB-01 that's why you are having problems, I never tried it on my EVO so I can't help on how to make it work
Old 01-17-2002, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

I have seen people fit that AL steering in their EVO before. I dunno how they did it though. It was in a TCS race.

So, no body has any experience with this on this board?...
Old 01-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Smile aluminum steering!!!! on a TBevo

Hi bro I did that and it works very well!!!!

This is how I did it!!!!!

place spacers on the steering linkage just one on top of each side, place a nut on the bottom and screw in a ball connector (brass colored) so the linkage will clear the gear casing!!!

on linkage for the servo add two spacers and use the ball cap that has long screws!!!

hope it works for you as it does fo me!!!

Lem2
Old 01-18-2002, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

hey Lem2,

if possible, can you take a pic of it and post it? Thanks a lot for the info!
Old 01-19-2002, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

by the way, the spacer that you are talking about. What kind/size of spacer is it???
Old 01-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: linkage

Hi!! PLease give me time. with in this week to post the picture! just send me your email add at [email protected]
because I am not a computer person and I do not know how to post it in this forum!!!!

thanks!!!

Lem

the spacers are the ones included in the TBevo the small black plastic spacers!!!

the TBevo2 just came out here at about PhP15,000 about $300us
but in HK its only PhP12,500 about $250us
Old 01-22-2002, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

what's the nut you were talking about? does it come with the package as well? by the way, for steering, don't you need two ball connectors? one on the top of the steering linkage and one on the bottom? how did you fit two ball connectors on it?
Old 01-22-2002, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Here is a detailed explanation

Hi!!! TRF!!!
Here is what I did, all the parts came from the box of the TBevo.

For the steering linkage that connects to the knuckle arm you need part number MB11, those are the ball connectors with long screws!!! Use them and under the linkage place a nut (not in the box) or the spacer part number E13 on each side then screw the "brass" colored ball connector with part number MC10 underneath, this will clear the gear box!!!

For the linkage that connects to the servo, again use the long ball connector with part number MB11 and add 2 (two) spacers with part number E13 so the link will clear the drive shaft!!!

here is another plus!!!!

Buy a TAO4 Racing Hub Carier (front)

and use the ball connector King Pin to replace the part number MC4

then screw an MB12 or MC10 on the hole where the steering linkage post should be connected with the upper deck!!! Then use the ball up adjuster so that the C hub will have extra support uring aggresive driving!!! The TB evo will have an extra support like the one that the TA04 have (from the upper deck to the C hub!!

Got it???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.