Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Touring car Tire Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Touring car Tire Inserts

Im runing on a med sized track the asphalt has very low traction what inserts would you recomend to help with traction? Im currently runnig a Associated FTTC-3 touring car anyhelp would greatly appreciated.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

What tires are you running?
Old 10-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Sorex 24r tires
Old 10-13-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

I would try the new Sorex thin mediums. Have you not tried the TakeOff pre-mounts? They are a very consistant tire.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

take-off pre-mounts are awsome...specially with the new dish wheels....you'll never have to glue your own tire again... :-D
Old 10-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by noline
Sorex 24r tires
Try HPI greens
Old 10-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Do you have a link to where i can buy them on line
take-off pre-mounts are awsome...specially with the new dish wheels....you'll never have to glue your own tire again... :-D
Old 10-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

www.speedtechrc.com

www.kthobbies.com

www.superiorhobbies.com

www.mdiracing.com
Old 10-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you
Old 10-14-2003, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Los1Fan
They are pretty dang good, and WAY cheaper then buying everything seperate, and the bead is PERFECT.. BUT.. there is currently a problem with the pre-mounted takeoffs. There is a common problem with the center of the wheel breaking away from the rest of the dish. It has happened to me once, and a friend that I race with TWICE... just cruizing around a corner, and all of a sudden, with NO impact.. the wheel goes taking off down the track.

This doens't happen with yokomo dishes.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default Touring car Tire Inserts

Guys;

In general you want to use the stiffest/hardest insert that will still give you the traction needed. This can vary, based on many factors, including ones driving skills.

holycow;

I've used both the T.O. pre-mounts (Dish) and the Yokomo presision Wheels and I believe them to be one and the same.

Never broke any on my Electric Car, but have tore the centers out several times in my Gas Car (and not from board hits).
Old 10-14-2003, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

The dishes that come with the pre-mounted takeoffs and yokomo dishes are not the same wheel. I have read on other posts, perhaps on another forum (i forget where) with people have the exact same problem. On my set of takeoff 27s (premounted) I maybe got 10 or 15 runs on the set before I broke a wheel. My buddy has broken 2 wheels, in probably 20 runs. The wheels that come on those premounted takeoffs are definitly weaker.

I have a set of takeoffs glued to some yokomo dishes, and I have FAR FAR more runs on those and they are still holding up just fine. I Have never seen a wheel break free from the hub before these premounted sets came out. (electric car)
Old 10-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default New takeoff wheels.

I have had no problems with my take off premounts because my premounts come on Speedmind wheels!

The newer takeoff mounted that come from Schumacher are pretty horrible.They are too stiff which is probably causing part of the problem.If your hobbyshop is smart the will by the ones that come from Speedmind/magma.

Sorex tires are great,but after a couple runs they fall off much faster then the Takeoff's.So for the money,I would go with the premounts anyday.On a low bight track 22's or 27's are the way to go depending on outside temps.32's would eve work.