Wiki Posts
Search

Ko BMC Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by picco007
Yang, I'll call you today................
i am not going to answer. lol
Old 06-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Finally got back the speedo in v1.5!
Wired everything backup, used 5.0FDR and profile 4 off goop's rubber setting.
Tested in my hands and holy batman!
It's like the car has NOS now. It's even faster on profile 5. though I may fiddle around with the brake frequencies, this thing is wicked fast.
The cogging issue is completely gone, and my regrets of getting the speedo blew away. Can't wait to test it on the track against those pesky SPXs
The only concern now is the longevity of the electronics running in such huge capacity.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by redbones
The only concern now is the longevity of the electronics running in such huge capacity.
The BMC seems to be a little easier on the motors than the SPX, but still very quick. Accidentally overgearing does not necessarily lead to a smoked motor.

You should definitely be careful about the gearing to start, though. If you are running the timing at setting 4-6, then the same gearing as your fellow SPX racers is a decent starting point. In the end, you'll probably end up somewhere around 1-2 teeth higher on the pinion than someone with an SPX on profile 7.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Ran the speedo at a race last weekend and took first in Amain 17.5! woot!

It was a great race. The car's top speed just kept increasing down the straight. Had it geared at 5.0 and the duo motor temped at 140ish. Outside temp was about 88-90F(hot). Could probably gear to maybe 4.8, but it has a good balance now so I'll stick to it. My 13.5 got kinda hot (180F). probably need to go down about 3 teeth maybe.

Awesome speedo. Good torque and top speed. Just need to mess around with the programming a little more. Thanks to Orion/KO for their support.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ran the speedo at a race last weekend and took first in Amain 17.5! woot!

It was a great race. The car's top speed just kept increasing down the straight. Had it geared at 5.0 and the duo motor temped at 140ish. Outside temp was about 88-90F(hot). Could probably gear to maybe 4.8, but it has a good balance now so I'll stick to it. My 13.5 got kinda hot (180F). probably need to go down about 3 teeth maybe.

Awesome speedo. Good torque and top speed. Just need to mess around with the programming a little more. Thanks to Orion/KO for their support.
whats your timing set to?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
whats your timing set to?
motor on middle hole, esc timing set to 6. Used 40C lipo
Old 06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

motor on middle hole, esc timing set to 6. Used 40C lipo
nice! im assuming you're using a Trinity Duo 17.5 since you said "middle hole" on the timing. good info.

you mentioned that in your first post.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I just got a ko heat sink and fan for my Orion esc. Get the heat sink on and fan screwed in. Done. So I plug everything in and turn it on andall but one fan blade blows up right off. Stupid pos.

fan screws were just snug, didn't hulk them on or anything. So was this a defect fan? It was sitting in my lap and blew up. I will post a pic when I get back home from dinner.

I'm getting sick of this esc. I will say that much...... Now I'm 260 bucks ino this thing. Still doesn't have a fan that works. And I don't have the programmer either. Time to go back to Lrp. Or tekin

sorry for the rant
Old 06-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I just got a ko heat sink and fan for my Orion esc. Get the heat sink on and fan screwed in. Done. So I plug everything in and turn it on andall but one fan blade blows up right off. Stupid pos.

fan screws were just snug, didn't hulk them on or anything. So was this a defect fan? It was sitting in my lap and blew up. I will post a pic when I get back home from dinner.

I'm getting sick of this esc. I will say that much...... Now I'm 260 bucks ino this thing. Still doesn't have a fan that works. And I don't have the programmer either. Time to go back to Lrp. Or tekin

sorry for the rant
Once I hear from Scotty you can use what we used for setting up the speedo. I hope you have version 1.5 or it's not even worth running it.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sorry if this has already been covered, but do the Orion speedo's have the same problems as the KO? Do they need an upgrade to the 1.5 version as well.
I ask because there's a used one I'm looking at.
Thanks.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Once I hear from Scotty you can use what we used for setting up the speedo. I hope you have version 1.5 or it's not even worth running it.
I have the box all ready to get it over to KO for the update 1.5.

I have to find a fan thats not a worthless pos though. Probably much more again, those seem pretty nice. Im so pissed at that, waste of 20 bucks. I could of stuck a LRP heat sink and a spare novak fan I had laying around, wouldnt of looked so pretty lol. But would of worked
Old 06-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jon123
Sorry if this has already been covered, but do the Orion speedo's have the same problems as the KO? Do they need an upgrade to the 1.5 version as well.
I ask because there's a used one I'm looking at.
Thanks.
yes it does. go get it upgraded asap.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes it does. go get it upgraded asap.
Thanks. Will KO do the upgrade on the Orion ESC? I hope so - KO America service is unbeatable.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Post Settings Posted

Just posted the ROAR carpet nats '09 setting used by Drew Ellis to take TQ and the win in 13.5T Touring. This is the same profile that EJ Evans used at the Reedy Race of Champions '09 to take the TQ and win in RCGT.

Also posted is the mod setting used by Ralph Burch to set the fastest qualifying time at the Reedy Race of Champions '09 which was also used by Josh Cyrul and Drew Ellis for mod. In this setting, all three drivers settled on profile 2.

These can be found here http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...113&Itemid=162

Sorry for taking a while to post these up. Enjoy!
Old 06-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jon123
Thanks. Will KO do the upgrade on the Orion ESC? I hope so - KO America service is unbeatable.
Yes we will do the upgrade. Just fill out the service request form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.