Wiki Posts
Search

Ko BMC Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
The PDF for the BMC Manager is now available here http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...d=21&Itemid=59
Thanks Robert
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I have been running a BMC in stock buggy with an Orion and hacker 17.5. I have used profile 1 with great results. This speedo has so much punch. I did gear down and lowered the timing. I am going to be trying the BMC is TC tomorrow. I will let you all know how it ran.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Well this speedo is awesome in TC 13.5. It has so much pull out of the corners. I ran a 39.09mm roll out. I still needed more gear on the motor. As it was coming of 110 after 5 minutes.

Now to get one for my 12 scale.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey all, I just bought the BMC and have yet to run it. I am going to be testing and preparing for the TCS Trackside event. I am running an LRP 17.5 in a TA05 chassis. I am wondering what profile to run and how to gear this thing. The instructions that came with the motor say to start at a 5.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

I would start with profile 1. That is the power profile. This is also the default. Depending on the track you may want to start around a 5.2 fdr. Check the motor temp after 3 minutes. Make sure it is not above your motor manufacture temp spec. This speedo adds allot of timing advance. So you do not need as much gear on the motor.

I was at our indoor offroad track in St Louis tonight. There was a racer with a Pulse and BMC in a B4. He said he had a bunch of initial cogging in the motor. He also had the timing on the motor advanced about 20 degrees he said. He lowered the timing and the issue went away. So just FYI like a few pages ago do not over time the motor with this esc. You most likely have issues with it. Let the esc do the timing advance. As it seems to run great with lower motor timing.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I would start with profile 1. That is the power profile. This is also the default. Depending on the track you may want to start around a 5.2 fdr. Check the motor temp after 3 minutes. Make sure it is not above your motor manufacture temp spec. This speedo adds allot of timing advance. So you do not need as much gear on the motor.

I was at our indoor offroad track in St Louis tonight. There was a racer with a Pulse and BMC in a B4. He said he had a bunch of initial cogging in the motor. He also had the timing on the motor advanced about 20 degrees he said. He lowered the timing and the issue went away. So just FYI like a few pages ago do not over time the motor with this esc. You most likely have issues with it. Let the esc do the timing advance. As it seems to run great with lower motor timing.
you have your timing set at 0,1, or 2 on the speedo?
Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dodgeguy

This is the non adjustable timing motor, so that takes one thing out of the equation. I will start at 5.20 and work from there. Thanks for the help
Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Tried it on a duo 13.5 and 17.5, and it seems that you need to have the timing on the motor at 0 to make it work.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Default BMC Settings & Help Page

I have been working on the BMC settings and help page. http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...113&Itemid=162

Just to get the ball rolling on it, new settings have been posted.

Also this was not written in the instructions but if you want to copy one model to another in the software, just click and drag the model number tab (you want to copy) to the desired model tab.

I will add more info later this week.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
I have been working on the BMC settings and help page. http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...113&Itemid=162

Just to get the ball rolling on it, new settings have been posted.

Also this was not written in the instructions but if you want to copy one model to another in the software, just click and drag the model number tab (you want to copy) to the desired model tab.

I will add more info later this week.
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Slightly off topic, but I have a KO Comp 2 brushed controller, and I can not get it into communication mode, keeps giving me a Communication failed error message in the software. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this. My BMC hooked up just fine, so I know its not a driver issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Slightly off topic, but I have a KO Comp 2 brushed controller, and I can not get it into communication mode, keeps giving me a Communication failed error message in the software. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this. My BMC hooked up just fine, so I know its not a driver issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated
The VFS-1 Comp 2 requires that you put it into program mode. The BMC doesn't require putting it into programming mode.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i finally got my usb programmer, before i had it i had the timing advance set on 2 on speedo and had to retard the motor about 10 degrees to take away the cogging, i switched the timing advance to 1 in the speedo and moved the motor timing to 0 and its much better feeling with a 17.5, also been trying the new profiles posted on KO site and really like the tc profiles haven't tried any others yet.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Question re: LiPo cutoff...

Does the BMC have a choice re: number of cells for the cutoff in LiPo mode? I know the 4-cell GTB's have no cutoff option, the GTB's with LiPo cutoff only recognize 2s LiPo for cutoff. The Tekin (OH how I'm trying to not get a Tekin...if I'm going to be a test monkey I want to be paid, and let's not talk about QC...) can select 1s for cutoff.

I'm getting everything together for running 1s LiPo in one of my 1/12 cars and for safety's sake I'd like to have 1s cutoff capability.

Thanks,

Scottrik
Old 02-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Question re: LiPo cutoff...

Does the BMC have a choice re: number of cells for the cutoff in LiPo mode? I know the 4-cell GTB's have no cutoff option, the GTB's with LiPo cutoff only recognize 2s LiPo for cutoff. The Tekin (OH how I'm trying to not get a Tekin...if I'm going to be a test monkey I want to be paid, and let's not talk about QC...) can select 1s for cutoff.

I'm getting everything together for running 1s LiPo in one of my 1/12 cars and for safety's sake I'd like to have 1s cutoff capability.

Thanks,

Scottrik
the cutoffs are:
nimh 4C
nimh 6c
lipo

it can be seen here:
http://www.kopropo.com/america/downl...ualEVer152.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.