Ko BMC Speedo

Old 05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Anyone figure out how to run the software on windows 7 64bit?
i cant get the usb adapter to work, wont install the drivers correctly and i dont have my disk anymore.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
Anyone figure out how to run the software on windows 7 64bit?
i cant get the usb adapter to work, wont install the drivers correctly and i dont have my disk anymore.
I'm running Windows 7 on my netbook and it works fine. I didn't use the CD. I downloaded the driver from KO's website.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XxRONNxX
I'm running Windows 7 on my netbook and it works fine. I didn't use the CD. I downloaded the driver from KO's website.
64 bit?
I have no luck so far
Old 05-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

64 bit?
I have no luck so far
Not sure. Try installing both. Plug in the adapter, then open up the BMC app. If it says it cant find the com port, scroll down and try each one till it sees it. Mine is com 3.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Tried that, it's like the download isn't complete.
The software shows 13 ports none of wichita work
Old 05-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XxRONNxX
Not sure. Try installing both. Plug in the adapter, then open up the BMC app. If it says it cant find the com port, scroll down and try each one till it sees it. Mine is com 3.
Easier way is to look at the hardware manager after you plug in the usb adpter and see which com port it got assigned.

Also make sure the driver is installed correctly for the hardware. You probably need to run the installer in admin mode for it to work.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

I tried all of the stuff mentioned.
I am at a total loss. It assigns to com port 1 but the driver refuses to install
Old 05-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I tried all of the stuff mentioned.
I am at a total loss. It assigns to com port 1 but the driver refuses to install
I would contact KO then as see if they can walk you through the set up. I am not familiar with win7 enough yet. I have all my stuff working off a XP pro. But when I get a chance I will see if I can figure out the driver thing for you.

I would also make sure that nothing else is assigned to comm1 that could be a problem too.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi! i have the next items:
- Ko Propo BMC VFS-1 v1.0
- ICS USB Adapter
- BMC Manager for StockMotor ver 1.54 (BMC 2010)

And 2 problems:
- I use a LRP x12 10.5 Stock with a ratio of 6.10, my configuration on the esc: AutomaticBrake 0, TimingAdjust 0, BraqueFreq .1.48khz and model 2 (total linear) and i have cogging when i push throtle on car totally stop, any help?

- In the BMC 2010, the LowVoltCut have the next values:
* NiMH 4cell 2.6V
* LiPo 1cell 2.9V
* LiPo 1cell 3.0V
* LiPo 1cell 3.0V
* NiMH 5-6cell 3.2V
* LiFe 2cell 5.0V
* LiFe 2cell 6.0V
what is the lowvoltcut for Lipo 2s 7.4v??

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by javivu
Hi! i have the next items:
- Ko Propo BMC VFS-1 v1.0
- ICS USB Adapter
- BMC Manager for StockMotor ver 1.54 (BMC 2010)

And 2 problems:
- I use a LRP x12 10.5 Stock with a ratio of 6.10, my configuration on the esc: AutomaticBrake 0, TimingAdjust 0, BraqueFreq .1.48khz and model 2 (total linear) and i have cogging when i push throtle on car totally stop, any help?

- In the BMC 2010, the LowVoltCut have the next values:
* NiMH 4cell 2.6V
* LiPo 1cell 2.9V
* LiPo 1cell 3.0V
* LiPo 1cell 3.0V
* NiMH 5-6cell 3.2V
* LiFe 2cell 5.0V
* LiFe 2cell 6.0V
what is the lowvoltcut for Lipo 2s 7.4v??

Thanks!
It's miss labelled the Life 2 cell 6.0v is the Lipo 2s value. Since you are not running timing just use the older version of the stock motor manager, you can have both installed on the same computer. I do this when I am not running timing.

The cogging could be a bad sensor wire or the sensor wire is not plugged in tight. I have had weird issues when one wire was broken in a sensor cable. It still worked but ran the motor really hot. Also the ESC will not work without a sensor cable.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

I think the cogging is because it's version 1.0, mine also cogged badly before I had it upgraded to version 1.5
Old 10-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skitee
I think the cogging is because it's version 1.0, mine also cogged badly before I had it upgraded to version 1.5
you would be correct skitee.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

Hi

I bought a v1.0 some years ago and got it upgraded for 1.5 later on. I have never driven with it upgraded to v1.5 because i shifted to Hobbywing for a couple of years. And now recently i found it again because we are running blinky class and when i attached the battery nothing happens. It cannot turn the esc on... I have the BMC manager and when i plug it into my computer everything works fine... I can modify and read all of the models in my computer and the LED is on etc.

I am running Futaba 3PK with FASST R603FS reciever
Old 02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Hi I just got one of these second hand, no manual (I just found one online and downloaded it) so I have some questions, sorry if these have been asked before but the thread is 84 pages and I did search (found out no cap is needed). I do not have a programmer yet, but if anyone at WCRC wants to hook me up I'll buy you lunch also looking for a programmer if anyone is selling one.

1)How does it behave when the LVC kicks in? Complete shutdown or limited power?

2)I'm not sure if the settings have been changed, is there a way to reset to default without the programmer?

3)When I use the brakes it pulses on and off under hard braking, kinda like a real cars ABS, is this normal?

4)It seems like it has a ton of timing in it, way more top end than my old LRP. I am running a 7.5 Ballistic motor, these have a lot of endbell timing (30* stock) is this an issue?

5)I'm not sure if it is a version 1.0 or a 1.5, is that a simple software upgrade?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eric Tomczyk
Hi I just got one of these second hand, no manual (I just found one online and downloaded it) so I have some questions, sorry if these have been asked before but the thread is 84 pages and I did search (found out no cap is needed). I do not have a programmer yet, but if anyone at WCRC wants to hook me up I'll buy you lunch also looking for a programmer if anyone is selling one.

1)How does it behave when the LVC kicks in? Complete shutdown or limited power?

2)I'm not sure if the settings have been changed, is there a way to reset to default without the programmer?

3)When I use the brakes it pulses on and off under hard braking, kinda like a real cars ABS, is this normal?

4)It seems like it has a ton of timing in it, way more top end than my old LRP. I am running a 7.5 Ballistic motor, these have a lot of endbell timing (30* stock) is this an issue?

5)I'm not sure if it is a version 1.0 or a 1.5, is that a simple software upgrade?
1. Not sure as I have never running it down to nothing. 20 mins is a long time. Most of my lipos will give me more than that. To test just plug in a dead battery and bench test. If I still had one hooked up I would try it out my self.
2. I do not think this is possible.
3. I have not noticed this at all. I do notice that the brakes are much stronger than other ESC's but that depends on what the brake frequency is set to. Is is strong pulse or just a little.
4. I ran a ballistic motor with this esc for over a year. If it does have the timing in it, then your motor will be getting hotter than normal.
5. To upgrade to 1.5 firmware you will need to send the ESC to KO. Turn around time is quick and you just need to pay for shipping.

If you really want to run the ESC I would look around for ICS programer for cheap. I can look in my pit box. I know I have an extra USB ICS connector that I would be will ing to sell it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.