Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Stock Motor Brushes >

Stock Motor Brushes

Stock Motor Brushes

Old 10-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I havent found any advantages to diagonal serations.
Plus check out tribo drops.They arent your typical comm drop.They do help with performance a bit but also keep things clean and everything last longer.I did my test on my slave motor on my lather to see and it's true.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by popsracer
gcooper;

I am using the serrator by Pro-Match availible from KT Hobbies

I reserrate between race days and can usually get up to 24 runs out of a Pair of Putnam's before they are noticably shorter (1/16" ?)., so about 2 rebuilds worth. Just follow the serrator instructions for the technique. It usually only take a few seconds for each Brush and they don't even need to removed from the Hoods.
Thanks Pops for the info... I will give it a try. What Putnams do you like for 19turn motors... blues/greens?

Coop
Old 10-15-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tribo Drops

Guys;

I testing with 'Tribo' Drops, I have found that they will cause severe pitting of high Silver content Brushes.

Makes for a better Bearing/Bushing lube than Com drops in my opinion.

gcooper;

My only 19T is an Orion 'Element' and I used Trinity #4503's. They made good power so far, so no reason to experiment yet.

Last edited by popsracer; 10-15-2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Severe Pitting?Can you please go into detail on this finding cause I havent had such a problem.
Any info would be appreciated.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

i have a lube that my friends and i want to market that increases rpm by about 1000rpms over any other lube we have found. if any of you know fred hubbard,ask him how good it is,we gave him some.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I recently used Tribo for the first time. I used it in a 19 spec motor with extreme high silver brushes (trinity #4379) and there wehere flames coming out of the motor? For a few secs it wouldn't even spin around???

I normally use and will in future (after this incident) Zubak's SpeedJuice. I tested it on a dyno and the results are great with them! You can get them on www.speedjuice.com.

I've won a lot of races using them. They give you more power and more rpm and keep the wear on the comm low!
Old 10-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

I run a monster stock motor and looking for a good power set-up I can try this weekend, no access to putnam brushes so please make recomendation with a different brush .
thanks Kash $
Old 10-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

other than putnams i like the reedy 767s with purple springs on + and red springs on -
Old 10-18-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I use 767's on all my motors, I think I already said this. For a sedan run either purple +, red - or purple +, purple -.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Kash
I run a monster stock motor and looking for a good power set-up I can try this weekend, no access to putnam brushes so please make recomendation with a different brush .
thanks Kash $
I'm pretty sure Garland's R/C at hagerstown has putnam brushes in stock. About an hour drive from hanover. There Ph no. is - (301)416-4700 if you want to check.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

i also use the tribo w/ the 767s and me and a few other people where i race use a special cut in the brushes which increase the rpms. now w/ the tribo and thr special cut we out power just about everyone and also if the motor is good (the motor can magnets) the motor that i have now aint the greatest but it's alright.