R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   kawada thread .. anyone?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/259-kawada-thread-anyone.html)

imataquito 08-27-2001 09:06 PM

kawada thread .. anyone??

1 Attachment(s)
ok heres an idea how a kawada looks like

razzo 08-27-2001 10:28 PM

imataquito...

is that reg. SV-10II with hop-ups? or SV-10II EX?

Sorry I didn't get back to you, rc touring went dead....

Alvin 08-28-2001 05:08 AM

imataquito,
very cool car dude! I thought u drive a TA04? Anyhow, just want to say thanks for the setup tips u and teh rest of the dudes provided.

~Alvin

PS: Was Kimochi3d back then.

imataquito 08-29-2001 12:35 AM

hehe thats the pic i got from www.kawadamodel.co.jp
its to give users a general idea on how does a kawada look like ..
most peeps dont know how it looks like :)

imataquito 08-29-2001 12:38 AM

the kawada i have is the normal sv10 2 with some of the hopups
.. but mostly i run the car stock standard except for the rear toe-in
:)
:rolleyes: too bad the ex came out 3 months after i got my sv10 2 :(

imataquito 08-29-2001 12:42 AM

alvin: i run a freinds 04 and i messed with a few other ... i did setups on them too :)

what i have learned is that most cars ARE the same to setup generally so ... the rules are the same except that u have to find the SPECIAL balance for each and every diff car ...

till now ... i JUST CANT get enuff rear grip on my sv10 2 ... maybe its me .. ( the driver lol ) but i will keep trying :D

razzo 08-29-2001 08:14 AM

imataquito, check Kawada Japan's site! they just came out with new rear-toe in adjuster that will go up to 2.5 degree of toe-in in the rear.

Also, the new rear shock towers, one that comes with EX kit, moves the shocks further out, and it will also help with rear traction.

SV10II has so much more steering than SV10, and I think that's part of of the problem with keeping the rear end planted. One thing I did on the SV10II was to run the front C-hubs and A-arms from the original SV10 to make the front end little less reactive.

blue 3:16 08-29-2001 09:30 AM

Hey guys, need help. Can anyone tell me the number of teeth of both the front and rear belts of SV10? What are the differences of the different models of the SV10? Thanks :)

imataquito 08-29-2001 10:47 PM

hehe i cant get the normal sv10 arms ... i dont have one and i dont think anyone still carry those parts ..:(

hm ... guess i gota ask my lhs to see if they can get those parts ... the shock towers and the toe in addjusters ..

razzo did u realise that the shock tower on sv10 and sv10 2 is a bit thin ?? and looks brittle and easy to break .. i did not realise it till i checked on of my friends express pro WOW my that THING's shock tower is THICK! :eek: compared to mine

btw ... i am still wondering if the sv10 2 is soo reactive cause of the stiffness of the chasis ... its the stiffest car i have tried so far and a few other racers acknowledged that after trying my car :)

maybe i'm gona try losening some of the screws holding the top deck and the side frames so there is some free play in them ..

maybe i will also try using an 0-ring to dampen the screw ( acting as a rubber bushing )

do u think its recomended razzo??
:)

Blue :

i am not sure about the teeth o the belts on the front and rear

the dif between the models is that
the first version has no upper deck .. just 2 side frames/ volt chasis sv10
the second version has an upper deck
and the second version SV10 2 EX comes with all the hopups
( pics below )
thats all i think

Corey Bernardo 09-02-2001 10:12 AM

I still have my Factory Team Kawada SV-10 when I ran for them. SO if anyone wants to buy it for parts, I will sell it real cheap. like 120 bucks

TRF-Powered 09-05-2001 10:50 PM

I checked out Kawada's website. And their car looks highly adjustable and competitive. What dealer in SoCal carries Kawada anyway??? I have never seen anyone carry Kawada stuff. Won't that make the parts extremely hard to find and extremely expensive???

imataquito 09-06-2001 02:52 AM

hm ... i think kawada pulled out of US a year ago
hehe
redmonhobbies used to carry kawad cars - i cant remember the spelling redmon, readmon,
try http://www.redmonhobbies.com

Core Creations 09-22-2001 06:24 PM

:flaming: We need to keep this thread up, these cars are still the best in my opinion!

imataquito 09-25-2001 07:29 PM

so civic u have a sv10 2 ???
cool share ur setup here :P

Usagi 09-25-2001 07:40 PM

you want kawada parts I can help you get either the parts or the sv10 II new verson. They are working on a new proto type