Like Tree2Likes

Hpi Rs4 Pro 2

Old 02-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

also hara used his pro2 about a year ago and its still going strong cause there is a new set-up on hpi japan's web site for the pro2
Old 02-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

i put this post on want to buy but since noone replied. im gonna ask here too. does anyone have a spare pro2 chassis & upper deck they can possibly sell to me? lmk by pm or email to [email protected]. thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hey greencactus3 will not be buying anything for now i'm in the middle of buying a house.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by racer034life
also hara used his pro2 about a year ago and its still going strong cause there is a new set-up on hpi japan's web site for the pro2
I Don't read japanese
Old 03-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

if its a short section i can help you. fluent in japanese and english. just send me a screenshot or sumthing with a part you want translated circled or sumthing and ill try to help.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Wow!!
Love this thread, thanx fellas.
I just bought 2 - 1/2 pro2's (some spares) to get into asphalt again.
I used to race RC10's and Schum Cats on dirt then had a 8 year enforced break (kids).
I now have 2 RC 10 B3's, a T4, a Kyosho Kanai 3, a Kyosho dual force (to tow my toolbox) and several other bits including planes (a large collection of old RC10's) and thought I'd go sedan racing.
So I bought a TT-01 Tamiya and some extras, a TB-02 Tamiya and some spares. Then I found an old Pro2 at a great price.
This Pro2 ROCKS!!!
It sticks like sh*t to a blanket and is so well made I am going to bling one of them up and put it in a place of honour next to my other legends of RC. If anyone has any spare bling bits let me know.
Meanwhile I'm off to do some fast laps up & down pit straight at Mt Panorama with my "new" Pro2.
[email protected]

Smooth Roads
Old 06-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

wish I still had mine...
this car would be killer on the track if it was updated with the larger pulleys and Pro4 suspension.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

My new toy
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Have also bought a novak brushless system and a ko mars r radio set. Will take out the current eleckies and get some of the money back then go have some fun with it, this car is indestructable
Old 03-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

yes the pro2 is an awesome car,i own a kawada sv10 alcyon,am i am still racing it against the latest trf415s,pro4s and yok BDs,and i can still get to the top of the b main in a 40 racers race.i dont have the best equipment, i dont have a hi end radio or a good charger or new eesc or matched batteries,but with good maintenance i am still getting great performance out of my old car.i bought my car 6 years ago,in march 2000, and at the time i was considering buying a pro2.i reaLLY love cars with the mid motor saddle pack and spur gear above motor look that was prevalent in the late 90s..the kawada sv-10 alcyon, hpi rs4 pro and pro2,fsr bullet,x ray t1,kyosho tf-2,tf-3 and tf-4....my point is the pro2 was around in 99 - 2001,if it could beat the tc3 during its heyday, and remember that the tc3 design hasnt changed until late 2004, there is no reason why a pro2 cant be competitive until at least 2004,when so many other manufacturers were releasing new cars every 18 months or so,but the tc3 still remained the same for so long.in my opinion, the pro2 definitely handled better than the pro3,thats why the pro2 was more popular and more well loved.remember that rc car design is all about compromises,and even the tc3 has compromises,the creeps at associated are saying as if their car has no compromises.well it aint true.the cars of the late 90s were designed tha way (pro2 style) because designers wanted the weght to be equal from left to right,and place the motor in the center of the car.cars nowdays claim to have evrything placed low so that they will handle better,but thinkk about it.
by using a twin belt drive/single bvelt drive/shaft drive ala trf415,yok bd,tc4,kawada sigma losi xxx-s, yes the CG is lower than the pro2, but how about balance? can you honestly tell me that placing the motor so far out from the centerline and the weigth of the battery on one side can really balance each other out? remember that motors when moving puts out a lot of gyroscopic forces,thats what losi said in 97 with their street weapon,thats why they used a 3 belt design.but look now with the xxx-s,the motor is placed so far out on the left..is that good just to lower the cg? i think the street weapon is better....
shaft cars are just as bad, placing the motor perpendicular does bring it closer to the chasis center,but this induces torque steer.yes the motor is heavy and placing the batteries all on one side is supposed to counteract the weigth,but is the servos and receiver the same weigth as 3 cells in the front protion of the car?its still a compromise...
i still feel that the pro2's design is still the best 'compromise'. having the motor in the center is still the best way. also losi now has the jrx-s, which places the motor on the center,plus the battries,this is good, but what is not good is the layshaft has to be so long, and the front and rear belts has to be placed at polar opposite far left and far right from each other that the diffs has to be offset so damn far,and the suspension arms has to be short as a result of this. rememebr in 97 when they released the street weapon they said having the diffs in the center was the best for handling? they insisted on that mind you and i have the article from rc car action to prove it. give me the street weapon any day..

point i am trying to make is manufacturers are always saying this and that ..just like politicians,and we forget what they said before. they keep changing their tunes and we buy it all up. newer cars are not necessarily better. yes there are a few new improvements..like vertical ball studs..but i still feel that the design of the pro2 is the best compromise. to improve it, i might installed a set of vertcial ball studs to update it....
remember in late 2004 josh cyrul used an xray fk, that has the same design as a pro2 to win a major race, against the latest shaft and belts battery oon one side, motor and electronics on the other side cars...so yes if the xray can do it, so can the pro2, just has to have a good driver for it.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

BLING

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/4708/pro28un.jpg
http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/7308/pro214ys.jpg
http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/9471/pro224lo.jpg
http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/7250/pro231rz.jpg
http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/8742/pro248jo.jpg
http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/5169/pro257eu.jpg
http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/5849/pro260lh.jpg
http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/7655/pro276bf.jpg

Now to pack it with leckies and have some fun
Old 11-07-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

8 year old thread bump...got my pro 2 a couple weeks ago. What a fun car!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by integra evan
8 year old thread bump...got my pro 2 a couple weeks ago. What a fun car!
Never knew there was thread for this car. I've had mine since 1999 along with a bunch of HPI cars. Used to race on weeknights at SoCal in Huntington beach. I look at how stiff that suspension is on the Pro 2 and compare to how soft I run my cars now, it reminds me how much traction that asphalt had. Still have my old tires that have the crazy wavy grain from the wear on that super grippy surface.

My fave is the Rally still. Still have lots of parts for these things, but I can't get myself to reorganize my HPI stuff. I've been bitten by the light milky blue bug. Wish HPI was still around doing what they did 14 years ago. Have fun with your Pro 2!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Rookie

you'll have a lot of fun with it!

I run my Rs4 Pro from time to time with a 9 turn motor and never feel worried about breaking anything. After taking out the slack in the drivetrain by replacing the axles, outdrives and dogbones the car is still really responsive. Upgrading the shocks is also a noticeable improvement. If you have saddle packs experiment with them too as opposed to stick packs, the car turns much harder and feels more balanced than having all that weight in the back.

I wish I had a Pro 2 mainly for the ability to use droop screws!
Old 11-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

It's a ton of fun. When I got it, it came with an old Novak ESC with a Trinity 13t brushed motor...but I immediately threw my brushless setup in lol. Here are a couple of pics:

[/QUOTE]
Old 11-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

The wheels that are on it in those pictures are the original wheels with slicks on them that have been worn a bit...the car also came with HPI 5 spoke wheels with brand new V pattern tires...those I'm keeping nice for "show car" status lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.