XRAY T2R Pro

Old 12-21-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I still have my T2R... I raced it on carpet and on pavement and now use it as my VTA car. I bought it from Stormer when it came out for $199. IMO it is still a great car and very competetive. I have also had two Cyclone S cars and the T2R is way better IMO. I think they should just bring back the original T2R... and from what I can tell on the new "Pro", $300 seems pretty high... think I will still continue to run my original T2R.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
My biggest gripe about Xray is the price of parts. They charge way to much and from what I've seen are the most expensive of all the touring cars made today. There is no reason for what they charge.

The car is very well designed and I love the cars I have, I just wish RC America would realize this is a hobby with the majority of club racers being middle class.
Yes parts aren't cheap. But Xray doesn't sell toys as HB/HPI, Tamiya etc. sells, so they have to be little more expensive to earn something and be able to have team drivers, run factory, engineering etc.
Truly I can't say how much cheaper or more expensive parts you have in America, but they have to be about the same.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

wow looking at the number of answers in this thread this car must be xays least popular car yet, wonder how much interest it would have if the price was more as it should be, $200

for $300, dont matter how great the quality is its greatly overpriced.. if they lower it to 200, i would buy one for sure!!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
wow looking at the number of answers in this thread this car must be xays least popular car yet, wonder how much interest it would have if the price was more as it should be, $200

for $300, dont matter how great the quality is its greatly overpriced.. if they lower it to 200, i would buy one for sure!!
Keep in mind none of the detractors have even seen the car yet and lots of them passed judgment before more information was released. At this point, the best information available is the specifications.

XRAY T2R PRO Specifications
XRAY T2'009 Specifications

You can compare and decide for yourself. There's a $205 difference between these two touring cars.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

RC Huligan,

I've owned a T2R which was great car for the price as it was very close to the T2. I can tell you just looking at the specs the T2R Pro is not worth $300 street price compared to the competition. For that matter XRay is getting out of control on the price of there cars. $500 for the 09' is a joke. Not enough changed from the 08' to 09' to justify a $100 price increase.

I can tell you know I will never buy an 09' at this price. I'll stay with m7 007's forever with the price increases that occurring.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

$500 for the 09' is a joke. Not enough changed from the 08' to 09' to justify a $100 price increase.
I have reason why it's more expensive. USD to SKK conversion rate dropped radically. That's why. Xray kits costs the same all the time here (after currency conversion it's the same price as you've got).
Old 12-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RC Huligan
Keep in mind none of the detractors have even seen the car yet and lots of them passed judgment before more information was released. At this point, the best information available is the specifications.

XRAY T2R PRO Specifications
XRAY T2'009 Specifications

You can compare and decide for yourself. There's a $205 difference between these two touring cars.
actually you have to add about another $30-40 for turnbuckles on the t2r since if you look they still aren't present in the pictures just a threaded type rod with no hex or anything to grab onto. And i dont see anything written about the turnbuckles in there. At least they added the hudy axles.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lochness42
I have reason why it's more expensive. USD to SKK conversion rate dropped radically. That's why. Xray kits costs the same all the time here (after currency conversion it's the same price as you've got).
So what's going to happen in 2009 when Slovakia switches over to using the Euro for currency since the Euro is stronger then the dollar?
Old 12-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its a shame. But at 300$ it wont land in the hands of to many new racers. I just think with cars like the CycloneS wich yes dont come with the same standard features out of the box are alot more attractive to first time racers....

IF only this thing could hit the streets at the 200+ mark..

Its a shame about the threaded rods in place of turnbuckles.

with a TC5 as low as 290$US, its hard to recomend the xray sport... I understand its the currency and other factors but the reality is street prices sell cars
Old 12-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

This new car just gives me a better idea of how over priced the new T2009 actually is...
Until Xray can show innovation or pedigree I will not be able to spend any of my hard earned cash with them.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lochness42
Yes parts aren't cheap. But Xray doesn't sell toys as HB/HPI, Tamiya etc. sells, so they have to be little more expensive to earn something and be able to have team drivers, run factory, engineering etc.
Truly I can't say how much cheaper or more expensive parts you have in America, but they have to be about the same.
I beg to disagree, they are ALL toys. They ALL acheive the same purpose.
I am interested to know what exactly is an XRAY, it's not a toy, parts are NOT cheap, so what is it then a Bentley?
Old 12-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Not enough changed from the 08' to 09' to justify a $100 price increase.
The T2'009 is actually $25 USD less than the T2'008. The T2'008 was $530 USD and only dropped in price after the T2'009 was announced. The T2'009 sells for $505 USD.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

how hard will it be t stick a lipo in this car?
Old 12-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It is disappointing to see the price of a Budget car at $300.00 .... Without even turnbuckles... Sure it has nice aluminum bulkheads, and top of the line geometry., but come on, if Associated can get the cost of the TC5 down to around this price ( with Carbon ), then Xray sure could make a carbonless car for at least 50 less...

Seems to me Xray comes out with a budget racer when they are trying to get rid of parts... They need to unload all those Silver bulkheads they have... If I am not correct they released the previos two "R" cars just prior to changing the chassis layout on thier top of the line cars.. Not really a critisism, more of an observation.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

as said you can go out and get a tc5 for $300 (on rc10.com you can get a original tc5 WITH a qc3 speeso and reedy stock motor for 299!!)

there are soo many touringcars on the market today so to mark up a sport level car to 300 will only harm xray, you dont makes any money if you cant sell the product, pretty simple. ofcourse you can excuse the differences between different currencys (spelling?) but in the end i think xray would earn more from making less profit on this car by lowering the price

i`m going for the tc5 for now.. until xrays prices gets lower, after all, its just toys! (dont get me wrong on the last one)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.