thanks alot

cheers

Ali
Old 05-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys,

again with questions

hows the exotek chassis for the T2R?? ill run on carpet, shall i stick with stock chassis or get the exotek conversion??

the 38T conversion, what's good about it??? if i get it, can i run with the 16T pully or shall i get the 20T pully??

cheers

Ali
Old 05-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm new to the 10th scale Xray platforms. I used to run an old Pro 4 on asphalt about 6 years ago. I ran foam tires and a one way up front. When I started researching newer touring cars, I noticed several come with a spool up front.

My question is, how will this handle compared to the one way diff? I plan to run rubber tires, and the new track is a little bumpy.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Another question. I'm looking for a one way diff option. So far, all I've found are ball diffs and "multi-diffs" for like $70. Is there a simple one way diff option? I'm not sure where to look for xray hop ups for the T2. I checked the xray site, and couldn't fund anything but that multi diff.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Another question. I'm looking for a one way diff option. So far, all I've found are ball diffs and "multi-diffs" for like $70. Is there a simple one way diff option? I'm not sure where to look for xray hop ups for the T2. I checked the xray site, and couldn't fund anything but that multi diff.
Hey bud, I think you are stuck. I had to get a multi-diff as well.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarryN
Hey bud, I think you are stuck. I had to get a multi-diff as well.
Yeah, that's all I'm finding. Did the spool feel funny, or could you drive it? I'm reading about how it enters kinda lazy, but exits corners with killer on power steering. I like that in off road, but on road I don't like to break traction at all. I fear the spool will go through front tires like crazy on our relatively rough asphalt track.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, that's all I'm finding. Did the spool feel funny, or could you drive it? I'm reading about how it enters kinda lazy, but exits corners with killer on power steering. I like that in off road, but on road I don't like to break traction at all. I fear the spool will go through front tires like crazy on our relatively rough asphalt track.
Well if you are racing on asphalt, the spool is the way to go (depending on track layout as well). But you're right, you will go through front tires like crazy. You could try softening the front up a tiny bit by transfering weight to the rear more, but I dunno how much that will affect the steering. It may cause more understeer.

So it's either that or go with the multi-diff.

As far as the composite spool, it did quite well actually. It was soft enough to offload the some pressure on the front tires.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Cool, I'll try it, and after burning up some tires, prolly spring for a mutli diff. Thanks man!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default If anyone is interested.

I got a Euro Xray 008 for sale on the For Sale forums. It's a step above the T2R Pro for cheaper.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

we race on concrete surface & with a spool up front it didnt chew up tyres on my t2r pro,but i guess it all depends on what class u run
after switching from a 1 way to the spool i would not go back to a 1 way
Old 05-31-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Professor
we race on concrete surface & with a spool up front it didnt chew up tyres on my t2r pro,but i guess it all depends on what class u run
after switching from a 1 way to the spool i would not go back to a 1 way
Well, we're planning to run 13.5 and 2S lipo. We figure it's a good motor wind for this track:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The cars in the vid had a couple different motors, but we matched speeds with the slower VTA cars to make it fun.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

I finished building my T2R pro. I got a chance to drive it, and as expected the spool makes it push like a dump truck entering corners. The on power steering coming out of corners doesn't feel sufficient to compensate for the total lack of steering at corner entry. What are some of the things you guys have done to compensate for the ill effects of the spool?

Old 06-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, we're planning to run 13.5 and 2S lipo. We figure it's a good motor wind for this track:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The cars in the vid had a couple different motors, but we matched speeds with the slower VTA cars to make it fun.
are you gunna race 13.5 with the boost or no boost
Old 06-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cyclone x
are you gunna race 13.5 with the boost or no boost
Boost? Like the software that makes the timing crazy high? I prolly wouldn't bother. I just out-drive my competition.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Is there another option besides the multi diff? I'd like a front one way, the spool just does not work for me. I like my Pro 4's handling much better. Every time I drive the T2R, I'm waiting FOREVER for it to turn in, then I have to lightly feather in the throttle coming out of the corner or it just spins out. I went through the setup book, and short of making it loose as hell, there doesn't seem to be a way to work around the spool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.