Old 10-27-2003, 03:56 PM   #16
Tech Addict

some say the novak diode is 16 times more powerful, some say 14

does the GT7 comes with 14gauge wires?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:47 PM   #17
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

So were pretty much stuck using the premade wire harness then? Its a nice speedo but that big blob on the wires really sucks.
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:15 PM   #18
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The GT7 comes with 14 guage wire. I've talked to them on several occasions and you should run the diode. In my 12th scale I removed it from the shrink wrap and soldered it in where I had more room.

You can also buy just the new diode and solder it directly to the motor.
stumper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:59 PM   #19
Tech Addict

novak's service is definitely a strong selling point of the GT7

will they come out with a new speedo to replace the GT7 soon?
it's about time i replace my tekin G12
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 05:48 AM   #20
Tech Adept

I just picked up a GT-7 and I had a couple of questions being a newby to electric.

First of all can you install the schottky diode inline somewhere instead on on each motor? Being a rookie I am switching and playing with motors looking for that perfect feeling for me and I'd hate to have 5 or 6 diode on those motors. I'd like to add it inline somewhere.

Secondly, all the talk of profiles, frequency and heat has me a little confused. Since you can select any profile, or program your own, can any of these profiles be detrimental to the esc on a 19T Chamelon 2 or a 27T stock? I just don't want to try one of the programs only to smoke the esc or damage it.

I run a LOSI XXX-S G+ on a small, tight asphalt track and I will also be running it in a TC3 on the same track.

Thanks in advance for any help!
NitroJohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 06:54 AM   #21
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

im new to electric and i have gotten myself a gt7 to run 19t on a super tight carpet track in my xxx-s

i set it up in profile 3 i think can anyone explain the different profiles

for that matter can someone explain the different drive freq minimum drive brake freq etc.

all i know is i put it in the car did the setup and drove it and i have no complaints but if i could go faster i wanna

and what does the diode do my undersatnding of diodes is they only allow powr one way and if thats true how would it activate the brakes being as thought that would be negative current

and i had to set my radio throttle epa to match the esc at 100% it didnt get full throttle and at 120 (the max) it would activate it too early i found 111% was perfect but i wondered if i had done something wrong during the setup
Paycheck to Paycheck Racing
Jason Miller
PTP Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 01:06 PM   #22
Tech Regular

NitroJonnyD - You can solder the schottky diode on the motor wires right before they solder onto the motor, the closer the schottky is to the motor the better. If your GT-7 came with a big black square shrink wrapped on your wires then you do not need to use an additional schottky diode. The red stripe side of the schottky goes on the positive wire.

PTP Racing - If you change your profile on the speedo it will not hurt anything, worst thing that will happen is that you will need to cut your motor a little more often if you end up running a lower drive freq. About your radio needing to be 111% throttle, don't worry about it, that's OK and why Novak has that function in the speedo b/c radios can differ from one to the other.

Drive Freq - Higher number makes throttle smoother and will have better top speed, don't need to cut comm as often as with lower freq. Lower freq number gives more punch or acceleration, less to pspeed, motor needs cut more often.
Min Drive - Higher number will make it more punchy initially when you hit the gas, lower will be smoother. If you have Mind Drive set at 2% then the car will receive 2% power from speedo before it moves, it if's higher like 50% then the car will start moving with 50% power like if you were to pull trigger back 1/2 way then drop car onto ground.
Brake Freq - Higher means smoother and lower means not as smooth, I like mine turned up so the brakes are smooth.
Min Brake - Same thing as Min Drive but for the brakes, if set low brakes will be smooth, if set higher the brakes will be too punchy and can make car spin out.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote