Team driver Salaries?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team driver Salaries?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

i sponsor myself, and pay myself quite well lol , not peformance based either. lol
Old 10-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by skiptomylou6
I read somewhere on this forum that Atsushi Hara makes about $100,000. Pretty good for racing a "toy car" and helping develop parts/cars.
100,000 USD......That would make him a Millionare in Japan

100,000 USD = 10,935,490 JPY
Old 10-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Im very fortunate to know of a world champion in the area where im from. He told me the in's-and-out's of being a salaried driver. From the previous post, you guys are exactly right. There are different avenues of a full factory ride that's salaried. R&D, tech, Q's and A's departments, engineering, materials ( proline rubber tire contents, etc...), and other venues alike within a corporation. There is also a BIG incentive for endorsements such as name recognition on product lines. Kinwald is probably the most famous for this. Having his name on buggies, motors ( dirtinator's and alike ), pinions, and other items that trinity carries. The performance at a big race is really important also. I remember talking to my friend about his pay for performance at a race, and from what I remember, for a world championship event, he was promised $XX,XXX to show-up, $XX,XXX to make the top ten, and $XX,XXX to take home the win. Well, he showed up, but he couldn't pull it off. I have another friend who is sponsored by Team Associated for the past 10 years. We were at his beautiful home in northern california having a BBQ. We both went into his kitchen and he said, " Man Roger, could you beleive that I bought this new home racing rc cars ? " My response, " I beleive ya bro. "

The comment made earlier about Hara. Yeah, I believe he's getting paid $100,000 for racing rc cars, and he's probably getting paid more for endorsements ( the atushi hara line of esc and other products ). I remember seeing a " Pioneer " decal on Masami's ride for 1 year. I wonder how much he got for that 1 year contract from pioneer ?
Old 10-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

awesome
Old 10-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

i heard a couple of years back that Kinwald was making between 80 and 100 grand a year,probably more now.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Wonder how much Surikarn get from tamiya...??? Tamiya even use his name for the EVO3... Surikarn Edition!
Old 10-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

I'm willing to bet that only a handful of drivers really make enough money to support themselves racing RC Cars.

On top of that, there is the fact that they won't be able to perform as well as the get older, so they would have to find other work.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Speedo
I'm willing to bet that only a handful of drivers really make enough money to support themselves racing RC Cars.

On top of that, there is the fact that they won't be able to perform as well as the get older, so they would have to find other work.
Very very true speedo. But I think that most of elite drivers will probably stay with-in the rc industry doing R&D or other professional postions with-in a rc corporation. Mark Pavidis is a prime example. He's still fast on and off road, and he works for the most reputable corporation in the industry....Team Associated.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

imaging doing something you love and get paid big ! how great can it be
Old 10-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in every competitive and attention grabbing field there is bound to be champions...
it really takes a lot of sacrifice at the beginning and then a lot more sacrifice when u reach the top to be a world champion in something!
We glorify the winners and attention grabbers but we forget those who were just that milisecond slower.the payoff(in terms of money) wouldn't always justify the lifetime of devotion to the sport.
For us mortal people we can always dream,but to make it is really rare.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Tech Legend

Only a very few actually make a living from racing...

Even if you made the flight team , you only make a couple grand a month.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default Which Westlake Tag???

Tag, Do you work or live in Westlake Villiage. I live in Thousand Oaks off of Hampshire. Is there another Westlake Villiage I don't know about??? Fill me in please
Old 10-10-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lee82gx
in every competitive and attention grabbing field there is bound to be champions...
it really takes a lot of sacrifice at the beginning and then a lot more sacrifice when u reach the top to be a world champion in something!
We glorify the winners and attention grabbers but we forget those who were just that milisecond slower.the payoff(in terms of money) wouldn't always justify the lifetime of devotion to the sport.
For us mortal people we can always dream,but to make it is really rare.
lee82gx: you're a champion in my book. very well said
Old 10-10-2003, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Most RC manufacturers dont make enough money to have a whole slew of paid drivers and the ones they do have-I doubt clear more than $40k-even the REALLY good ones. Sure they may be a multimillion dollar company-but advertsising in magazines is probably more effective than a van load of Team Driver and costs about the same!!!

Onto what makes Really good. If you think your a hotshot-give your dialed car to Baker or Blackstock, etc and watch them go faster than you on lap one-having never driven your car!!!

We cannot hold a candle to the top % of drivers. They are on a whole nother planet when it comes to skills!!!
Old 10-10-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by skiptomylou6
I read somewhere on this forum that Atsushi Hara makes about $100,000. Pretty good for racing a "toy car" and helping develop parts/cars.
Joe should'nt you be in school?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.