Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Power Rc 40C 5000 Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I dont see why some people are making such a big deal about which manufacturer prints numbers or whatever. A label is just that, a label. If Danny wants to take a dump in a box and slap a label on it does that make it the only box of poo worth having?

Ok so the analogy is a bit weird but I think it gets my point out there.

If people dont trust the claimed C' rating of brand X lipos, then why ask for even more ink?
Old 11-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
I dont see why some people are making such a big deal about which manufacturer prints numbers or whatever. A label is just that, a label. If Danny wants to take a dump in a box and slap a label on it does that make it the only box of poo worth having?

Ok so the analogy is a bit weird but I think it gets my point out there.

If people dont trust the claimed C' rating of brand X lipos, then why ask for even more ink?
+1
Old 11-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by linger
Despite the silly 40C "marketing" rating, this is actually an incredibly good battery pack in terms of power, mfg quality and safety.
Thunderpower uses a different mfg on this one compared to their lower lineup.
Originally Posted by Humpty
Cycle #s on my GFX are...

Pack #1
518 Rt
3.2 Ir
7.58 Av Voltage @ 35 amp..

Best Ive seen out there..
So, a ringing endorsement from ROAR's LiPo guru, and the best numbers yet from an unbiased source? Uh oh, Danny!
Old 11-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
If Danny wants to take a dump in a box and slap a label on it does that make it the only box of poo worth having?
Somebodies watched Tommy Boy too many times

I loved that show..
Old 11-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

While I was writing about this for my site, I was so tempted to go on a rant.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone who flys helis or planes know that Thunder Power cells are TOP NOTCH. I've been using their cells in my planes for 2 years now and i love them. They arent like every other company who blows smoke up your ass with a C rating. If they claim 40C then the pack is 40C. Im glad they finally released a touring car pack. Anyone know where to order one?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Be nice to see a saddle pack set up with the bumps on the bottom. I'm sure plenty of B44 owners (myself included) would like to get a hold of one.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
Be nice to see a saddle pack set up with the bumps on the bottom. I'm sure plenty of B44 owners (myself included) would like to get a hold of one.
http://www.rcitn.com/2008/11/reedy-l...c-saddle-pack/
Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lutach
I think SMC is basically trying to get market share by doing that thread. He claims his cells are made in Japan and from what I know the high rate lipo cells are being made in Korea, Taiwan and China. I have yet to see a Japanese company offer high rate lipos. SO you guys just believes what he says, but he doesn't tell you where he got his cells from like you guys are asking TP here. Maybe TP found another cell manufacturer because Enerland are not making anything over 30C or maybe Enerland is making them and we all know that the best packs out there use Enerland or some other good cell manufacturer.
You think SMC is trying to get market share with that thread? Why then does he give an example of exactly what he is talking about in the post. We all know this C rate hype is true with some companies. If it wasn't, everyone would print GFX numbers.
SMC cells are NOT made in Japan. They use Japanese raw materials, but are made in China. Get your facts straight before trying to discredit SMC.
Where did you take those GFX readings from? Balance connector?
BTW, these packs ARE very good. There is no effort to discredit TP on our end. The people who inflate the numbers know who they are.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

I wish companies wouldn't put the balance connector on the opposite side as the power leads. It has a very good chance of being obstructed by the top deck, and possibly even shorting out. The way SMC does it with both exiting from the same end is significantly more flexible.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How are we supposed to believe it's actually 40C and not some marketing gimmick?
Old 11-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Here is their version of GFX testing. Seriously our cars doesn't even push anything close to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrfFdxYJG0
Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Humpty
Cycle #s on my GFX are...

Pack #1
518 Rt
3.2 Ir
7.58 Av Voltage @ 35 amp..

Best Ive seen out there..
Can you please tell me how you cycled this pack as the numbers your getting seem to be high ? What is the temperature of the pack when cycked ? Where are the voltage sensing leads attached ?

Last edited by Danny/SMC; 11-28-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by lutach
I think SMC is basically trying to get market share by doing that thread. He claims his cells are made in Japan and from what I know the high rate lipo cells are being made in Korea, Taiwan and China. I have yet to see a Japanese company offer high rate lipos. SO you guys just believes what he says, but he doesn't tell you where he got his cells from like you guys are asking TP here. Maybe TP found another cell manufacturer because Enerland are not making anything over 30C or maybe Enerland is making them and we all know that the best packs out there use Enerland or some other good cell manufacturer.

Please find a thread where I claim our Lipos are made in Japan ? I have said it many times that the materials used in our packs come from Japan and the manufacturer who maes our packs makes them exclusively for us. So please find the posts where I said different ?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by wallstreet
OK guys.... Put The Kool Aid Down........

Why is everything being questioned all of a sudden ??? Cause one guy who doesnt have a 30+ c rated cell on the market or a device to test c ratings is saying to ????

I have a buddy who races with me alot , also happens to develope lipo battery systems for hybrid and all electric automobiles ... He laughed at the false lipo claim thread, and is probably laughing at the guys questioning the 40c as well... There are far far superior batterys out there that just havent made it to the rc industry yet cause of cost and other reasons.. And when new cells are developed the other cells become cheaper and brought into different industries. So dont let one person tell you to question every product that comes out. Let these companies bring out there products, give us there spec and either by them or dont. Thunder Power knows lipos, they have been around for a while now and not just in rc cars, they have stuff for heli's and planes as well.. I do not own any thunder power products but a few guys at the track i race at have the thunder power charger and say its awesome... So give companys a chance.

My 5200 35c cycled out better than my 5000 28c by a good margin so i fail to see how its being falsely advertised...

Last time you posted the numbers on your 35C packs you didn't seem to impressed so what has changed since then ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.