Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shaft vs. Belt again

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by was ist los?
Hrm... i am looking into a T1R, so is i just an evo2 minus a few options like no hard anodizing and no c/f? Do arms break easily?
Any opinions on the Barracuda? I don't really want to read 1000s of posts.
I also don't like the TC3 (cousin has one).
Do yokomo arms break easily?
One of the guys at my local track is a diehard XRay guy - he's got a fleet of 'em, including the new T1R. He told me the other day, that he prefers the handling of the T1R over the Evo2 for out 19T class. The tub type chassis makes the car nice and rigid.

Plus, all of the parts for the XRays are interchangeable, so...

One potentially bad thing about the XRay's is parts availability (at least, it's an issue locally.) It's nice to be able to go to the local shop and pull parts off the wall, rather than order them and wait a week.

Rob
Old 10-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Bumper

Originally posted by melvin
Hi,

You mentioned full width bumper. Can you tell me what made is this bumper and where I could purchase it?

Thank you
I live in the UK and i picked up a RPM one, i believe some other manufacturers make them as well, cost me £8 so im guessing about $10, protects the front wishbones and hubs, which if you break once are ~$10 for a pair so its a great saving.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Losirob, thanks for the plug. I have been running both T1-R and EVO2 with same setup for a few weeks now. The differences in the cars are subtle. The T1-R is so easy to drive that I would recommend it for a beginner to intermediate driver without question. The EVO2 that I run actually uses the original T1 chassis and top plate making it stiffer and more aggressive. Both cars accellerate on par with the shaft drive cars since changing to the 1.77 pullies and running a spool up front. Cars are extremely durable and have a plethora of tuning options with different hardnesses of front and rear arms, caster blocks, different stiffness of top decks, easy wheelbase length adjustments etc.
The T1-R impresses me with how competitive it is out of the box with very little in the way of upgrades. Great Value IMO
Old 10-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I raced an sd this entire last season, it is one awsome car. The only beef I had was the front c-hubs and the yok king pin setup was very weak. Had to stay away from the boards in fear of breaking the car.

The T1R looks to be a very good car, I have not owned one, but have driven a fellow racers. And in terms of exceleration and handling it rivaled any car on the market. But like losirob said parts availability is a big issue in are area, was with the yok too.

at this moment I am running a xxx-s g+. The only time I really notice a difference in axceleration from a shaft drive is when running stock on carpet. As far as handling I think you can get any car to handle well with the right setup.

You may just need to run down to your hobby shop and see what the fast guys are running and what they have in stock.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

What about the Mission, second edition. Should be avaible soon. Some interesting solutions.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

I have not broken anything on my T1R yet. I broke on arm on my EVO2, though. In mod class, my EVO2 got bumped and ended up going over the roadrails and into another lane. My EVO2 was topped out with a mod motor, and so was another racer's EVO2. His front bumper caught my right rear tire. That tore the arm off. It landed about 30 feet from my car. It took about 10 minutes to rebuild my car and get the tweak reset. The other guy's EVO2 was unharmed. The XRay is a really solid car. If my old TC3 had been involved in a high speed head on collision, it would have probably went home in a garbage bag.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

TC3, just switched from XXXS, the motors run cooler in a shaft car. That was the reason for the switch for me, running stock.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

ItsJustMe thats not really tru i don't beleave that shaft runs cooler the belt it depends on what car i think because my freind has an evo 2 and his runs just as cool as mine maybe even cooler sumtimes. the evo to is really nice and has alot of adjustments availible on it which is nice, but is also fragile. the raycer is nice and stirdy, and can take a hit or to.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

miss type in last post mean TWO. sorry....
Old 10-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The evo 2 just tweaks, it never breaks. so it isnt fragile, this thing is a tank.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
The evo 2 just tweaks, it never breaks. so it isnt fragile, this thing is a tank.
i was reading this forum but forgot who said that TC3 is really fragile! THANK GOD something finally agrees with me...i gotta show it to my friends who thinks the TC3 is the sh*t! haha..i think one of my friends got tired of breaking stuff on his TC3 he ordered the ti chassis from hardcore racing! i would be laughing so hard if it breaks again! this only proofs that the car itself is very breakable!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I love my tc3
Old 10-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Disaster mayb you're friend can't drive, or the track layout is rough on cars. the TC3 isn't fragile though.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I ran a shaft car for a couple of years it was very strong with bumpers and nerfs, very competitive and I still have it it's too good to get rid of? However at the beginning of summer one of my racin friends was all over this T1R it's all about tunability. Since I first used it I haven't looked back the T1R is the best car for the money I've only broken parts when I hit the boards!!! Just my thought it's money well spent. Our local HS now stock X-Ray parts! I think the SD is a cool loking car but I dont think cool looks win Races. Good Luck and Good Luck Racing
Old 10-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

i only tryed an evo 2 once from my freind for one pack and it felt pretty good i prolly just had to get use to different car and that, but my lhs don't carry xray cars, or parts and prolly won't in near future. if it did i would probably take into consideration in getting the T1R, or maybe evo 2 andlots of track time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.