Originally Posted by cherokee
At least that is what I think it is, I picked this car up for my son to give VTA a shot, but it needs a little bit of work. I have never owned a Losi anything so this is all new to me....but I need a little help with this.
First off is there a PDF of the manual anywhere, looking over the Losi site I can't find anything on there for this car....in fact I can't find anything on there for any of their old stuff....silly me I was thinking it would be like the AE site and have everything on there.
Any tips or tricks I should know about...again this is my first Losi.
Losi SW - great car in its day, hampered by a very inefficient transmission
I had three IWC weapons in my racing "career" - one of them sits nib in my workshop today
Things to know
- this car is a pain the butt to run today because it runs non standard wheels, both hex and axle size were proprietary... so you MUST run SW wheels... which in 2008 will be a bit of an issue.
- it goes through front bearings like crazy - buy a pallet of them first hand
- The chassis typically is tweaked, due to the cooling process probably. some thin shims were included in the kit in the past to shim the rear suspension blocks... might be worth a look
- if you run on carpet, you'll need the yellow/purple ultra-stiff springs
- finding new belts will also be an issue... especially as the stock belts age like crap and fall apart by themselves.
Other than that, it's a love-it-or-hate-it design. I personnally have a very weet spot in my heart for it
Let us know - post pics if you can!