Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the AE TC5R made in china or USA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Is the AE TC5R made in china or USA?

is it just the TC5 or all Associated cars/parts made in china?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They say that AE kits now are made from China.

But when I bought parts for my AE kits, it is printed at back---
Made in USA.

So what is the truth?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s13evo
Does it really matter? Do people still think made in China means poor quality? What about Futaba 4PK, Airtronic M11, LRP Sphere ESC and most of ROAR proved lipo batteries? They are more sophisticated than a car kit but all made in China. I don't think if Associated decided to move their factory to China, they would want to destroy their reputation, same as other well known companies, they will definitely try to maintain the quality. I don't know if TC5 is made in US or China, but there will be no big difference
Old 04-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think any of the cars are made here in the US anymore. Cheap labor overseas is the reason they are made there. As the previous op said all of our batteries are from China. Reguardless if you use Nimh's or Lipo. Just something you have to live with.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Airflow
They say that AE kits now are made from China.

But when I bought parts for my AE kits, it is printed at back---
Made in USA.

So what is the truth?
The box may have been made in the US.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default Thunder Tiger

If I remember right AE was purchased by Thunder Tiger.

TT is based in Taiwan.

What is made where......???

Doesn't really matter, as you would be shocked to find out who REALLY makes your favorite R/C model...... (Some major competitors have their cars made in the same factory right next to each other)
Old 04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
If I remember right AE was purchased by Thunder Tiger.

TT is based in Taiwan.

What is made where......???

Doesn't really matter, as you would be shocked to find out who REALLY makes your favorite R/C model...... (Some major competitors have their cars made in the same factory right next to each other)
Jimmy,...are you leakin' some industry secrets again?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s13evo
To my knowledge all AE kits/parts production was moved to Taiwan after the Thunder Tiger acquisition...yep, your car was built by a 9 year old Taiwanese girl! I can't really say anything...I prefer for my cars to be built by 9 year old Slovakian girls True story: I went to a 4th of July fireworks show one year and they handed out little American flags for everyone to wave...I found a sticker on mine that said "made in China"...the irony wasn't lost on me

-rocky b
Old 04-21-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

How come the spare parts are labeled with "made in USA"
and not made in Taiwan.

Tamiya parts have "made in the Philippines" markings because
they have a factory plant here in our country. So why cant
AE be honest? They can always put "designed in the USA".
Old 04-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I don't think any of the cars are made here in the US anymore.
Calandra Racing Concepts. They make their stuff in the You Ess of Eh! Same with that new tiger moth car or whatever it was called.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Tigermoth LCG V10 is coming!!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

I had to chime in here People CHINA is the next SUPER POWER everything that is happening in the world economically go through CHINA, they have the people power and the money to prove it, America owes China Billions (Yes) and not YEN US $$ even Europe send product to China to be made, Yes the labor cost less than other first world country but the man power and the ability to do the job is there. Have any of you guys been to China? I have been there many times and China is more modern than the USA than most think, yes China have made a few mistake with products but every country in the world had to make mistake to get better so don't think of CHINA as back 2000 years ago most of what we use in the so call modern first world has been created in CHINA 2000 years ago.

JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I had to chime in here People CHINA is the next SUPER POWER everything that is happening in the world economically go through CHINA, they have the people power and the money to prove it, America owes China Billions (Yes) and not YEN US $$ even Europe send product to China to be made, Yes the labor cost less than other first world country but the man power and the ability to do the job is there. Have any of you guys been to China? I have been there many times and China is more modern than the USA than most think, yes China have made a few mistake with products but every country in the world had to make mistake to get better so don't think of CHINA as back 2000 years ago most of what we use in the so call modern first world has been created in CHINA 2000 years ago.

I don't think he's implying crappy quality or anything like that, just was wondering where it's made. I work for a company that makes rc cars in china and I have to say some factories do a fantastic job. It's just hard especially when you see all these up and coming companies that sell kits for cheaper to justify spending top dollar for an expensive kit. AE isn't expensive but if it was made in the US at all.. that would def be a great reason to buy for a lot of people. Well, that and their history of making quality kits that win.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarryN
Calandra Racing Concepts. They make their stuff in the You Ess of Eh! Same with that new tiger moth car or whatever it was called.
I thought the OP was referring more to TC's then 12's or Pan cars. There are quite a bit of specialty car makers in the US if you want to bring pan car into the mix.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka

No one is saying China makes crappy products. As a matter of fact, as their society approaches capitalism, you are seeing entrepreneurs popping up all over the place and competing with each other in making better and better products for the consumers.

The thing that people DO complain about Chinese made products is mainly concerned with costs of the products. It is well known that labor in China is dirt cheap. The thing that irks people to no end is when a product comes here or elsewhere, the brand name claims "OH WE ARE SUPER TOP QUALITY" or "The Ultimate Driving Machine" and charge an arm and a leg for the blood, sweat, and tears the workers suffered to make tat product to the company's specs while paying them dirt in the process. THAT is what gets to people's last nerve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.