Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
This is probably the 100th time this question is asked but hey ...

When will this car be available in Europe and at which price ?
I believe Oleg said that the car will intitially be supplied from his website. Suppliers would.be looked at later down the line. The price has been quoted as $750US. Considering the car comes complete with adjustable spring rates and dampening out of the box (I imagine a swaybar kit too) you get alot more than you think for the money.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The kit, I am sure , will be complete, but the question is the end of which month will it be available????? April ....August...or..... December... LOL...... In any case we have been waiting for years now, and don't mind a month or two more...or three... Just as long as it comes out .....
Old 04-14-2011, 01:14 AM
Tech Champion

In my opinion, it's fantastic that such innovation has been created from a country previously unheard of to produce an rc car.

The attention to detail given to this car is very good.

What adds to the credit is that the car has had some very good results at big events and also has a lot of future potential.

The whole team at Awesomatix should be feeling very pleased with themselves, from the first day they started the design of the A700 it has been great to see the development on it
Old 04-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

This car is obviously brilliant in concept and has proven its real world performance.

Production will be an entirely different matter. Getting a decent regular supply of quality, consistent raw materials, making sure that tolerances are tight and repeatable, making the dampers always exactly the same, the correct number of replacement parts available, not to mention the stress of managing the cashflow (ugh) by not over or under producing. And doing it all efficiently in a reasonably short turnaround. I can say its not easy to do this.

It seems keeping the impatient rc racer happy is the biggest challenge of all. And there is already a high expectation around this car.

I hope there is a smooth transition from development to production.

Good luck to everyone at Awesomatix, everyone is wishing you success.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hana166
This car is obviously brilliant in concept and has proven its real world performance.

Production will be an entirely different matter. Getting a decent regular supply of quality, consistent raw materials, making sure that tolerances are tight and repeatable, making the dampers always exactly the same, the correct number of replacement parts available, not to mention the stress of managing the cashflow (ugh) by not over or under producing. And doing it all efficiently in a reasonably short turnaround. I can say its not easy to do this.

It seems keeping the impatient rc racer happy is the biggest challenge of all. And there is already a high expectation around this car.

I hope there is a smooth transition from development to production.

Good luck to everyone at Awesomatix, everyone is wishing you success.
I think he hardest thing to deal with in reality is the leadup to any new release in RC. Development takes time to get things right and numerous testing sessions to measure the result. Yet once something new is anounced, the RC community goes wild about "when will it be out?" and also many people want you to change or modifiy the design because they want something different or specific. New products in particular can't be rushed or you will just see massive activity in the "for sale" thread and lots of winging and moaning from the same people who wanted it sooner.

Its just the way it is and you can't win. In reality in is very nice to have updates from the awesomatix guys about where they are and what the car is up too. If it was my business I would never have announced the car till I was 100% certain it would be out within 6 months.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:31 AM
Tech Champion

A question now the car is near to production phase.

Does the final design use only one chassis type for rubber and foam tyres?

Are there any plans to make various thickness of chassis as a tuning aid?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

My beard grows a lot in 3 years
Old 04-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by The Big Wig
My beard grows a lot in 3 years
LOL!

Any updates on the release guys? Hows it looking at the moment?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Oleg, congratulations! You have a very unique and innovative design! Good luck!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Oleg, is there any news about the car?
Old 05-17-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Edgar_P
Oleg, is there any news about the car?
Bump. I hope you did not stop the project
Old 05-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Edgar_P
Bump. I hope you did not stop the project
The project is not stopped.
But the production of some new parts ( gear diff, improved plastic items and and another something) took longer than expected.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
The project is not stopped.
But the production of some new parts ( gear diff, improved plastic items and and another something) took longer than expected.
Great! Good luck to continue
Old 06-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Tech Champion

Oleg and crew, I want to know if you guys have experimented with high throttle expos in the Awesomatix? It seems that the shaft drives have a response advantage over belt cars when exiting corners with 90% plus throttle expos. They seem to jolt forward faster! Is it the same with the A700?????
Old 06-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

The thread died!!! I'll stick to the currently available chassis, thank you! I just cancelled my pre-order!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.