Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by XCELL
Car does look great! Have you established an estimated release date and price of the kit?
Thank you,
Patrick
~ USD 750 for very full special set.
January, we hope.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow, I have to say the car looks interesting, but it's almost too radical to make a serious charge into the market. In my opinion, I think it would be more popular if it were to use some sort of common arm design, standard shocks, and a more common top deck design for chassis flex. A simple, quality, and stong design may do very well. Seeing the proto-type says..$$$$. If they can build it with modled carbonfiber parts and a mix of cf graphite may make it possible.

It does makes me take a 2nd-3rd look, lol, but the majority of racers won't accept it. That can be said for many of the other so called "radical designs" that were made. It's hard to sell something so radical. I would consider buying one if the price was right, parts quality and durability were superb. I'll keep my eye on this thread for sure. Interesting in deed and can't wait to see more about it.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Racing events

I will start saving now. I know you had someone at the first one, but will you be sending anyone else to participate in the ETS races? Would really like to see how this car performs against the other manufacturers at some of the larger on-road events in Europe or the US.

Thank you,
Patrick
Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

I just read some of the other post and it's looks like the masses would agree. Scrap the shocks, arms, and go to standard ones. If they can make a gear diff work in it, quality molded carbon fiber parts, make a sleek and simple design it could very well be a big hit. I would love to see it as the new TC4. Vertical camber links studs, shim toe blocks, I would buy one in a hearbeat. I loved the TC3 and many of the TC4 design features. Make it quality, durable and comparable price to TC6 and it would sell well in my opinion. Right now, it's like making something with 50 screws when you can accomplish the same thing with 10 screws.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

RCknight,

The concept of this car differs not only innovative design.
We try to make very durable car that almost needs no spare part during using.
We understand that the price is high for most drivers and we will not produce too much cars.
Our first batch is almost covered by preliminary orders.

XCELL, We'll be at ETS.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Well congrats on developing something new and I hope those model sales will get you jump started into the market for future products. I respect the R&D. It's nice to see, and I think you guys really have something here that would appeal to the masses in a more simple design. I know I would love to have a shaft car again. I hope you guys will consider developing something a little less radical in the future and I know it would be a hit for the masses. As it looks, many of the current adjustments have been removed.

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
RCknight,

The concept of this car differs not only innovative design.
We try to make very durable car that almost needs no spare part during using.
We understand that the price is high for most drivers and we will not produce too much cars.
Our first batch is almost covered by preliminary orders.

Last edited by RCknight; 12-08-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Some more pictures
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-img_8824-small.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-img_8835-small.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Awesome looking car, wouldnt mind one myself.
Rhys
Old 12-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCknight
I hope you guys will consider developing something a little less radical in the future and I know it would be a hit for the masses.
Personally I like how radical it is. It's use of innovative features never seen before in any other mass-appeal car is what brings me to this thread.

I wouldn't want a Russian-built Plainomatrix TC4, even if it performs well and costs the same as all the others. There are simply too many similar TCs out there.

Sure, a less radical car, with only some of the features, plus a reasonable selling price with good stock of parts would be great. But it is not something I want to see from the Awesomatrix. I like it radical. It shows alot of thought had been put into the design. And i certainly hope most of the features make it to production. Oleg, awesome work keep it up!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Hi, Bradd

Looks nice on the track also.
At least we have won a 13.5 class this time.

Well done, good to see someone thinking outside the cookie cutter box.

Will you be making it to TITC this year? Unfortunately it doesnt look good for me dollars wise

That outside servo mount alone is something a lot ofother manufacturers should be looking at. Im sure a few of them will be bought by Yokomo drivers alone

One weird question though, the last 2 detailed pics with wheels off, the spur is mounted as a regular shaft drive, whats the go?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zipp
Personally I like how radical it is. It's use of innovative features never seen before in any other mass-appeal car is what brings me to this thread.....
Oleg, awesome work keep it up!
Thank you, zipp!

Originally Posted by Besercoe
One weird question though, the last 2 detailed pics with wheels off, the spur is mounted as a regular shaft drive, whats the go?
There is possibility of transverse and longitudinal motor layout in our car.
Two different motor mounts and two different upper decks are in one kit.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 12-08-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Neat looking car, quality looks excellent. Is the car balanced left/right with the servo and Battery on the same side? Also does the chassis still have cell cutouts in the production models?

Thanks,

Antoni
Old 12-08-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Last lot of pictures show the servo mounted same side as the electrics?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Last lot of pictures show the servo mounted same side as the electrics?
In the ones on the previous page Alex
Old 12-08-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
In the ones on the previous page Alex
I know that ya pleb, just saying theres 2 mounts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.