Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So is it recommended to upgrade the ball studs and ball cups, if so which ones to get.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

You don't need to buy Xray or TOP ball studs and ball cups !
We have also ball studs which you can use. Part Nr: A700-ST24
Then you can use the std. ball cups (or the new hard ones Part Nr: A700-P13H) and drill holes in it....
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What we should have is 'factory-made AWESOMATIX' open ended ball cups. Other mfg.'s pieces have been used for 2 iterations of the car now. Time for our own, without having to drill anything.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Top

Originally Posted by hanulec
And the height of the top ball is very close to the Awesomatix at21 ball. Within a 1/10 of mm.
Could someone post a link to those Top parts? Thanks!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
What we should have is 'factory-made AWESOMATIX' open ended ball cups. Other mfg.'s pieces have been used for 2 iterations of the car now. Time for our own, without having to drill anything.
I agree with you JeeBee, with the high cost of this vehicle they should have been making new ball cups. Guys are dropping big money on this car and I don't want to have to mod parts or use other manufactures parts on my car.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Could someone post a link to those Top parts? Thanks!
http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/upgrade-ball-ends.html

Originally Posted by gijoe64
I agree with you JeeBee, with the high cost of this vehicle they should have been making new ball cups. Guys are dropping big money on this car and I don't want to have to mod parts or use other manufactures parts on my car.
The open ended ball ends are all about personal preference. There is ZERO performance difference.

People are buying the car not for "optimized" ball ends, but either full on innovation or (my choice) on track performance.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64

Since the ball that is used on the car are not the type that require an open cup to remove, I am not sure why they would need to make them. I have been using the stock ones without any problems. The change to a different ball and cup is only done by those that want to, not out of necessity, so its kind of odd to relate that to the cost of the car.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I cannot say how excited I am to be building my new car tonight (and tomorrow .. and Friday..). Hopefully during the weekend and/or at Snowbirds we can make some build videos to highlight the finer details of the car -- and its assembly.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I cannot say how excited I am to be building my new car tonight (and tomorrow .. and Friday..). Hopefully during the weekend and/or at Snowbirds we can make some build videos to highlight the finer details of the car -- and its assembly.
+1 Great idea on vids! Ive actually been looking for some.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Michael@USPN
+1 Great idea on vids! Ive actually been looking for some.
a good buddy recommend we do so.
hopefully they aren't too scary.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/upgrade-ball-ends.html

The open ended ball ends are all about personal preference. There is ZERO performance difference.

People are buying the car not for "optimized" ball ends, but either full on innovation or (my choice) on track performance.
Really? I guess I don't agree at all! Open ended ball ends absolutely enhance performance over the long run... If you are constantly taking off the ball cup to adjust spacers, it weakens and in my opinion is much more likely to pop off if you hit a board... Then your done for the race... If having to pull off the track because your ball cup popped off doesn't affect performance, I don't know what does...
Old 01-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gocoogs
Really? I guess I don't agree at all! Open ended ball ends absolutely enhance performance over the long run... If you are constantly taking off the ball cup to adjust spacers, it weakens and in my opinion is much more likely to pop off if you hit a board... Then your done for the race... If having to pull off the track because your ball cup popped off doesn't affect performance, I don't know what does...
meh..... there's a better solution. I think you know what that is.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gocoogs
+1.

I swapped over the balls and cups on my A700 pretty soon after getting it, not because I had a wad of money burning a hole in my pocket, not because I need to do a speedy pit stop but because DNF's due to parts failure really p1$$ me off.

Bb
Old 01-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

build number 1 in progress.
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-ffg.jpg  
Old 01-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucketboy
+1.

I swapped over the balls and cups on my A700 pretty soon after getting it, not because I had a wad of money burning a hole in my pocket, not because I need to do a speedy pit stop but because DNF's due to parts failure really p1$$ me off.

Bb
i ran the car with standard ball cups and didnt have issues. I went to the top stuff because i ran those cars for years and had lots of stay laying around. Funny thing is the A700 is the more durable car i've owned. I cant say i've broken anything on the car. Have i blown off a ball cup or stripped a spur sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.