Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Congrats to Karl Hoffmiester for TQ'ing and winning 17.5 TC at the Sweep Tires Challenge race at Middle River Hobbies this weekend! He beat a stacked field including the current IIC 17.5 champ, and at least 1 past ROAR national champ!
Thank you sir. It was a great weekend. I have to say this is by far the best touring car I have raced. And there's very few that I haven't tried.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Do you guys think a beefier bumper is really needed.
I've been running a Delrin bumper on the front of mine and have driven away from some brutal hits without so much as a bent turnbuckle.

I can provide a .dxf (or format of your choice) for anyone that wants to get some cut.

Originally Posted by Adam B
I seen one of these cars run and school a bunch of racers this weekend. Very impressive.
Hey I know that guy!

It is an amazing car, I just ordered a 2nd one to go with the used one I picked up.

Mike Slaughter
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-photo-5-.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-bumpers-tamiya-version-rev-3.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Thank you sir. It was a great weekend. I have to say this is by far the best touring car I have raced. And there's very few that I haven't tried.
Congrats! What did I tell you! Which car did you the EX or the L?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The exl. Narrow chassis with 2 piece dampers etc but longitudal only.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Congrats! What did I tell you! Which car did you the EX or the L?
The exl. Narrow chassis with 2 piece dampers etc but longitudal only.
Karl's L kit was dialed! It was fun watching it turn laps this past weekend.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

question
does the L or ex kit come with two differnet dampers.# 3 and #6?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

No , the EX and L kit comes only with the #6 dampers.
The soft #3 dampers are option parts.

Best Regards Max
Old 01-07-2013, 01:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Congrats brother.. Hope to see you soon
Old 01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Another win for Awesomatix ! IROCC Speed Weekend in Victoria BC

Another win for Awesomatix, and me :-) ... in Canada this time ! An amazingly well run three day trophy event with 230 total entries, 100 drivers , and specifically 36 in the stock touring class. Victoria BC - Trophy Race. IROCC Speed Weekend Carpet Edition 2013.

Additionally, and even more impressive, was that the three A700’s there were 1,2,3 on the grid after qualifying ! Some solid talent made the main anyones race.

From third on the grid ( single main ), I drove a nearly perfect race , quickly took the lead then drove somewhat conservatively to ensure the win. My other goal was to not harm the other two Awesomatix cars in the process which I was able to do as well.

I used one of Steen’s seutps provided by Oleg ( thank you STEEN ! ). Korgae, the other team driver explained to me that he and his friend Frank used a version of Dominic’s setup that Oleg adjusted. Frank was driving very well in qualifying and put down the TQ run in the fourth and final qualifier. He ended up second.

link to race thread :
Results start on page 4.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian...-6-2013-a.html

My impression and the results showed that Dominics Adjusted by Oleg setup was about .1 per lap faster than the Steen setup that I used but it is hard to tell without back to back testing, taking into consideration any HP differences too.
One of the hosts of the event will be posting video of the main which I hope to share soon. I intend to try Dominics Adjusted/Corrected by Oleg setup soon since my gut feeling is that it was faster , at least for the conditions at this race.

edit. here is a link to the video. Cars 1 and 2 on the grid were using the Dominic adjusted by Oleg setup and I was using something Steen suggested.

The grid for Stock Touring is set at the 21 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6xq4w_yr1U

btw, Only one set of Jaco Blue tires were allowed for the entire event. This restriction was something I had never experienced.

Awesomatix is showing some serious momentum ! Many thanks to Oleg for providing such a fun car to drive that is also a mechanical marvel to anyone that sees it.

Congratulations to Karl, Max, and Patrick too !!!

Cheers,

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 01-07-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great to see you got an Awesomatix, Mr.Hanulec. I'm trying to make it to the Roar Carpet Nats... so may see you in a couple months.

Cheers,

Jake D.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterhit
I've been running a Delrin bumper on the front of mine and have driven away from some brutal hits without so much as a bent turnbuckle.

I can provide a .dxf (or format of your choice) for anyone that wants to get some cut.

Hey I know that guy!

It is an amazing car, I just ordered a 2nd one to go with the used one I picked up.

Mike Slaughter
Is that bumper ROAR legal?

-Mike
Old 01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Hi has anyone tried the new updates on a medium traction level out doors track and if so did you find it a 0.2 to 0.5 second faster over the original car kit.Also do you get the center servo mount and the softer new dampers with the update kit as i can only see the standard dampers listed.
Thanks
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat

-Mike
Hey Mike
I remember the Team Associated used to make plastic bumper back in the days for tc3 and NTC3

Last edited by OVA; 01-07-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat

-Mike
There is section 6.2. The only problem I can foresee is that depending on wheel spacers (or different track widths) they are really close to being past the tire edge. I did have some different widths cut.

6.2 BUMPER RULES
6.2.1 Bumpers are not required in all classes, but when used, they must be shock absorbing and non-metallic, with no sharp edges. For safety, rigid bumpers, such as fiberglass and composites, are not permitted.
6.2.2 Front bumpers must be of at least 1/8” material (3/32” for 1/12). Bumpers will not extend forward of the body except on off-road cars. The bumper may not extend to the side beyond the outer edge of the tires.
6.2.3 Rear bumpers must be made of a solid material with rounded edges and may not extend to the side beyond the outer edges of the tires, and may not extend beyond the rearmost part of the body except in off-road vehicles.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congrats jake you drove excellent in the A main, I tried my best to catch you after my bobble with the boards.

Was very happy that All three awesomatix cars ran excellent all weekend and I am a believer in this car and it capabilities..

It was a long and intense weekend for everyone that attended this Canadian race in Victoria Canada. I will be back next year for this event....

Thanks
Frank b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.