Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erchn
Yes sir. They were made to battle what you are talking about.
do they hold up well? or should i plan on extras of these too?

while i have you engaged -- any other bullet proofing ideas? basically i'm going to make sure to have all of the parts on a front corner suspension -- starting from the graphite arm (and mounts to chassis) all the way up the stack.

am i over looking anything else? i'm only at about 10 battery packs on a very lightly used A700L. this car has helped restore my confidence in running rubber tire on carpet.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec

while i have you engaged -- any other bullet proofing ideas? basically i'm going to make sure to have all of the parts on a front corner suspension -- starting from the graphite arm (and mounts to chassis) all the way up the stack.

am i over looking anything else? i'm only at about 10 battery packs on a very lightly used A700L. this car has helped restore my confidence in running rubber tire on carpet.
The sleeves suggested will work wonders. I ordered extras to have spares already built up. They dont wear out. I havent had to CA them in place. Just make sure the surface is oil-free and slide the sleeve on.

Cut the axles flushed, run a Parma front bumper, use the outdrive bushings (not bearings, clips or bronze) with the front axles. That has worked for me.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What Mark said, yea. I would also get some extra P03 cups and P07 clips at least, once they pop they aren't as tight. I've lost some P05 in the past as well.

That said, I ran XRAY ballstuds and cups, as I think it makes upper link adjustments much easier than the stock AT21. But if you do run AT21, I would at least suggest getting the hard grey ball cups from Kyosho, they last quite a bit longer.

Ethan
Old 01-06-2013, 05:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Do you guys think a beefier bumper is really needed. Mark knows the facility... As he was one odvour locals for years.
Dawson - the car is right there. Needs a different style than our Photon EX to go fast.. But is on point. once i figure out how to measure everything ill share the setup.

Does 10 degrees of front caster sound odd?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

hanulec.....Look through the parts. Those delrin sleeves are in there.

EA
Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Do you guys think a beefier bumper is really needed. Mark knows the facility... As he was one odvour locals for years.
Dawson - the car is right there. Needs a different style than our Photon EX to go fast.. But is on point. once i figure out how to measure everything ill share the setup.

10 degrees does sound like quite a bit. Look back a few pages there are methods for making measurement easy (if you are unsure whether you are measuring accurately). Whether it be the iphone app, the addition of a spike off the front upright for measurement with Hudy setup station, or using the books method of measurement, which is actually still pretty simple it just takes a bit more time.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Not really a larger bumper, just one that has more density. The Parma cut down works well.

The car will definitely have a different feel than the EX. My car generally run 5.5 degrees of caster. I use caliper measurements to check caster. I also run the rear hubs at 0. My longer wheel base setups have yielded more steering overall. The dynamics of the shaft car, rate of braking and corner entry - I generally feel that the car has more than enough turn-in. The additional caster helps my mid/exit without killing the entry speed.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I measured via caliper off the top of my setup board. It is just hard to get a consistent spot on the steering block...
Old 01-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I measured via caliper off the top of my setup board. It is just hard to get a consistent spot on the steering block...
It can be a bit touchy. That's why I used Clinometer, and people like Hana166 did this.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

I use the front face edge of the steering block near screw head and the measure at the rear of the steering arm.

Plug the value into a spreadsheet formula and get the caster angle.

It is the H1,H2 formula that is in the manual.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

HELLO TO ALL, I JUST HAVE BOUGHT THE A700 EX, TINK THIS CAR IS STATE OF THE ART, IM FROM SPAIN AND HAVEN´T SEEN ONE YET.
I THINK THIS FORUM IS VERY USEFULL
FORTUNATELY I SPEAK ENGLISH.

HOPE TO HAVE MY CAR UN THURSDAY.

REGRDS

OSORRON
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Congrats to Karl Hoffmiester for TQ'ing and winning 17.5 TC at the Sweep Tires Challenge race at Middle River Hobbies this weekend! He beat a stacked field including the current IIC 17.5 champ, and at least 1 past ROAR national champ!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Congrats to Karl Hoffmiester for TQ'ing and winning 17.5 TC at the Sweep Tires Challenge race at Middle River Hobbies this weekend! He beat a stacked field including the current IIC 17.5 champ, and at least 1 past ROAR national champ!
My congratulations, Karl !
Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One other thing regarding the front shafts that I would like to share, the housing ST17, if you mount this part with the slot below and the clip joint above, as opposed to the opposite way around, making left and right shafts, they seem to be able to take a much bigger hit before popping open.

I have no logical explanation for this, it could be just in my head, but, in conjunction with P20 delrin sleeve I have popped one front driveshaft in a year (which ruptured P20) and I drive almost exclusively indoor carpet.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Our congratulations to our German drivers!

This weekend was the big race in Althengstett- the 2013 LRP MCSS-Open.
This is the second biggest Race in Germany behind LRP-Touring Car Masters.

Max Mächler has dominated the whole weekend and won 13.5T class,
Patrick Nähr was second in 13.5T,
young Dionys Stadler was second in Mod.

Max's setup is attached here.
Please note that Max has used the floating top deck ( 6 pcs. of ST09 installed in the top deck).
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-max-lrp-mcss-open-2013.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-dionys-max-fileminimizer-.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-mcss-open-2013-fileminimizer-.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-siegerehrung-fileminimizer-.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-succesful-team-fileminimizer-.jpg  

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 01-07-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.