Like Tree138Likes

Schumacher Eclipse 4

Old 01-25-2021, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Schumacher Eclipse 4

Quoted from Redrc

New Features
– Revolutionary solid rear axle using single nut wheel fixing. Along with quicker wheel changes and easier use, the rotating and unsprung mass has been significantly reduced offering better performance. (Even when compared to CR721 Solid axle design).
– Rear wheel design allowing the use of the new wheel fixing method. While also reducing mass, flexibility has been improved for more equal stiffness around the wheel.
– Updated Alloy chassis included in the kit.
– Refined top deck shape with slightly increased flex in the front end section.
– Big Bore Side and Centre Damper design offering improved damping. They also give greater damping oil retention (less frequent maintenance required) and a compact and central design. Damper geometry changes have improved damping characteristics.
– Stronger pod base helping to remove any twist in the rear pod and therefore tweak.
– Front beam improving front end flex characteristics.
– Front beam socket using o-ring fixing system to allow easy building and replacing of individual parts.
– King pin with improved suspension action due to a new surface finish. Stiction from full droop vastly reduced and updated damping oil retention.
– 1.5° Camber strap included in the kit.
– Dramatically simplified front ride height adjustment using slide in spacers under the front beam.
– Tyre truer adapter included to suit 1/12 front wheels and the new hex rear wheel.
– Optional lightweight alloy speed control fan mount for 25mm fans

Features
– Compatible with all Eclipse ball differentials and CORE-RC CR721 Solid axle design when using JT2 range of wheel/tyres.
– Tweak free battery mounting using o-ring fixing with easy loop over design.
– Titanium steering turnbuckles included as standard.
– Thread inserts make working on the car quick and simple.
– Full length carbon fibre chassis for increased cornering predictability.
– Fully adjustable front end (track width, ride height, toe, camber, caster, damping, bump steer and Ackermann).
– Rotationally balanced left rear wheel clamp.
– Lightweight independent roll and bump springs with low centre of gravity.
– Ultra-low motor position.
– Lightweight low centre of gravity CNC alloy rear transmission housings.
– Adjustable anti-squat and pro squat, independent of droop setting.
– Ultra-balanced rear pod assembly.
– 76t 64dp Kimbrough high efficiency spur as standard (options available).
– Full range of optional springs, front, side and rear.
– Fully adjustable body mounting system.
– Chassis balance pivot holes. For use with U3582 pivot set. To optimise left/right weight distribution.
– Extra low rear roll centre.
– Rear tweak adjustment via side springs.
– Adjustable rear ride height using interchangeable inserts with improved fitment (0.25mm increments).
– Lightweight rear droop adjustment.
– 1/12 scale Kimbrough servo saver with stiffener included as standard.
– All black aluminium M3 nuts as standard.
– Accepts a huge range of industry standard body shells, motors, batteries, and speed controllers.
patorz31 likes this.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

The new rear rim design is a real surprise!
Old 01-25-2021, 07:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just shooting themselves in the foot with the hub design. Adapters will be available because racers cant find wheels that fit their car...which defeats the purpose.
gigaplex and AlbinP like this.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:50 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

At least the 3 hole hub is only $10. Hopefully the industry moves to single M4 nut down the road. No point in 3 screws.

Glad to see an aluminum chassis and solid axle come standard in the kit.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

I'm ready for the 3 screw rear 12th scale wheel design to retire. Hate it. It never should have existed in the first place.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
just shooting themselves in the foot with the hub design. Adapters will be available because racers cant find wheels that fit their car...which defeats the purpose.
I respectfully disagree that is a shot in the foot. I think its progressive.....Tamiya has had it on their 1/12th design (RM-01) all along.
I agree that the initial challenge will be wheel supply, but all that is needed is a couple more manufacturers to also see the value and the shift will begin.
Here's hoping.
Rick Vessell and Erhard like this.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

All new wheels and wheel mounting systems, front and rear.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yokomo’s very deep offset wheels were a nice design too.....but they never caught on and eventually they disappeared.
Wazza22 likes this.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Why complain? Since I came back to RC and 1/12 a few years ago it was with the Schumacher Supastox - only one nut per wheel. Then went to lmp and I was annoyed by the overdone needless 6 screws.

1 screw per wheel is all that is needed! Bravo for the courage!

by the way:
When I started the hobby as a teenager,, Schumacher came up with a sleeve design, where rear tyres could be changed in seconds without any tools. Front whre as easy, secured by an O-ring. This company was always good for a surprise.
https://www.rcscrapyard.net/schumacher-c-car-c200.htm

Best regards,
Erhard
Old 01-26-2021, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

The only complaint I can think of is that to use current wheels, you will need to also use an adaptor. I imagine that over time, this new style may catch on.
Erhard likes this.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stitch44
The only complaint I can think of is that to use current wheels, you will need to also use an adaptor. I imagine that over time, this new style may catch on.
If you have some 3-hole style wheels, then this is due to having a car with proper axle. Why not use this a while for 3h wheels? Still - buying any other rear axle or adapters is not that much cost, related to the overall cost of this hobby. And then you can use any brand as before.

The other way round, I will asap equip my Eclipse 3 with the new system, as it drastically saves time in between the runs. I am happy this option now exists.

Best regards, Erhard

Old 01-27-2021, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

We run spec tires, and last I checked, there are no wheels for this new style. The cost isn't really the issue-it's the fact that there is a new feature that really none of us can use yet. I do like the idea of a single nut attachment, but in the immediate future, it is useless.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The frustrating part for me, what about us that run in low grip conditions and use the ball diff?
It’s impossible to run the center mount wheels and still have access to adjust the diff.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stitch44
We run spec tires, and last I checked, there are no wheels for this new style. The cost isn't really the issue-it's the fact that there is a new feature that really none of us can use yet. I do like the idea of a single nut attachment, but in the immediate future, it is useless.
The spec tires were announced on Facebook yesterday. The kit comes with the truing arbor. Schumacher is one of the few companies that comes to market with all parts in place,
Stitch44 likes this.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:10 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The complaints are funny. $20 in parts for two hubs and the kit total is still under $320 for an improved version of a world championship winning car.

What does an X-ray X12 cost? Awesomatix? $350 and $400....
dawgmeat, TrevCoult and Flygio like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.