Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 11-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi Ivan,

Congratulations on the ATS win. Can you post your setup from the event?
Old 11-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Laptev
5. put the car on tweak station with alloy wheels and check tweak... if it exists, just turn tiny bit ride height screws to reduse tweak difference...
Want to borrow mine again?
Hope you guys got home easily, seems like the Visa wait paid off for you
Old 11-26-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Don't lose your bones !!!

Aleksandr Naumov:
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-bones.jpg  
Old 11-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Hi Jake,

Unless it was your intention - I *think* your P01 and P02 are backwards.
Thanks Mark ! I just assumed they were symmetrical so it wouldn't matter which direction they were installed. That still may be true however, today I'll compare.

Hi Ivan, last night I was able to practice quite a bit and found for our track and spec tire ( Sweep QTS32 ) that a much stiffer spring rate was preferable to your somewhat soft setup from the ETS race. The car was quite a bit more stable due to the heavier spring settings but still direct and precise because it didn't flop over in transitions or bumps , didn't bottom out so easily and had great corner speed and not even a hint of a traction roll. I ended up going with SRS/RHS Screw arrangement I and also about 5mm of A all around and ZERO B ! Was it because traction was so high you went with such a soft spring rate and/or was it the tires as well ?

A race today, so I won't be checking in too much....

Cheers,

Jake
Old 11-26-2011, 08:04 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vlad_vy
Don't lose your bones !!!

Aleksandr Naumov:
wtf...how do you lose the bone?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MDawson
I would agree with you but.... in my case the equal droop and ride height settings were use left to right in the front and back.

Interesting that you run so little front droop...
Hi Mark

When you say you were using equal ride height do you mean chassis to floor or the distance from the shock to the screw head? I ask this as when I rushed the build on my car to get it ready for its first race, I only had time for a rudimentary balance of the car (pivot points, no scales etc) and i too noticed a small amount of slop at the end travel.

I measured with calipers during a rebuild and the distance from the screw head to the shock, on both sides and found to get the desired ride height I had been pre loading the front right more than the left, the same with the rear more pre-load on the opposite corner. This in turn gave the slop I encountered.

So when I got round to checking the corner weights using a balance post and two scales I found even though my side balance was not to bad, the actual corner weight were Aprx FL 270g, FR 290g, RL 320, RR 310.

First thing I did was move my lipo(306g) from R1 to R2 (full back), Also brought the lipo to the centre line as far as it goes, and added 10g behind the motor, and 20g infront of the motor(mid chassis). Corner weights are now within 2g side to side, on the front and rear FL 280g, FR 280g, RL 315g, RR 315g.

Now, with setup wheels I set my ride height/droop etc, and checked my screws again, now I have the same pre-load left to right. The small amount of slop I had is now gone.

This seems to have done the trick for me, hopefully this can help you and anyone else with the same problem.

Cheers

Mark
Old 11-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I noticed exactly the same thing and solved the same way.. but did not explain myself well. You explain things so much better
Old 11-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys im really curious to know what sets this car apart from the rest...its looks sick i just need some more convincing seeing how the price tag is far apart from the rest as well lol thanks for your help.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hana166
I noticed exactly the same thing and solved the same way.. but did not explain myself well. You explain things so much better
Cheers. I think thats the issue resolved now, I was hoping someone else would have the same findings.

With the A700 being so different to the older generation cars wer'e used to running ;-), you can never be to sure if your doing things in the correct maner or not. I wouldn't of fancied trying to figure out the intricacies of the car 10 years ago without the this forum.

Looking forward to racing tommorrow now that I know so much more about the car, as at the first meeting my cars corner weights were wrong and my caster settings were at best ballpark lol.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by theatriks
Hey guys im really curious to know what sets this car apart from the rest...its looks sick i just need some more convincing seeing how the price tag is far apart from the rest as well lol thanks for your help.
Well, the standard TC design is now more than 12 years old now, and I personally think it has now hit its performance ceiling. If we look at F1 for example assuming the rules have been the same for 3 years say, a team designs a chassis and over the course of a season or 2 the car will evolve to the point were it can get no better. The team will then design a new chassis using the data they have gathered over the past season or 2, which will then evolve and prove to be alot better than the old one (unless your Mercedes GP of course lol).

This is were the Awesomatix stands out from the crowd, Oleg has spent 5 years (maybe more) designing/refining the A700 , using many unique solutions along the way.

First off the shock/spring system, which has many advantages over the norm, all that weight is now as low as it can go, lowering the CofG and in turn increasing corner speed. You also have the repeatability of the settings, no more oil, spring, bladder and piston variations to worry about when you want to copy a team drivers settings, if they have it so do you.

Secondly a high efficiency transmission letting you get as much of the power possible from the motor to the track, improving acceleration and top end.

Also we have the option of running active caster when setup correctly can be very usefull, no more comprimises with caster blocks, so far with the brief running I have had I noticed I had steering on power, off power, braking infact at all times I had alot more steering than I'm used to (may not be solely the active caster of course).

I could go on all day here, but if you take the price of a current car and start adding the cost of the blocks caster/toe etc, roll bars all the shock sundries, the extra go faster bits required etc, you wont be to far off the $800 cost of the A700.

This car is only going to get better and better with more drivers running it, discussing our findings here and Oleg will more than likely continue to evolve the design even further now that he has more performance headroom available over a current chassis. The futures bright the futures Awesomatix....

Last edited by MarkMcC; 11-26-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-26-2011, 10:59 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by MarkMcC
Well, the standard TC design is now more than 12 years old now, and I personally think it has now hit its performance ceiling. If we look at F1 for example assuming the rules have been the same for 3 years say, a team designs a chassis and over the course of a season or 2 the car will evolve to the point were it can get no better. The team will then design a new chassis using the data they have gathered over the past season or 2, which will then evolve and prove to be alot better than the old one (unless your Mercedes GP of course lol).

This is were the Awesomatix stands out from the crowd, Oleg has spent 5 years (maybe more) designing/refining the A700 , using many unique solutions along the way.

First off the shock/spring system, which has many advantages over the norm, all that weight is now as low as it can go, lowering the CofG and in turn increasing corner speed. You also have the repeatability of the settings, no more oil, spring, bladder and piston variations to worry about when you want to copy a team drivers settings, if they have it so do you.

Secondly a high efficiency transmission letting you get as much of the power possible from the motor to the track, improving acceleration and top end.

Also we have the option of running active caster when setup correctly can be very usefull, no more comprimises with caster blocks, so far with the brief running I have had I noticed I had steering on power, off power, braking infact at all times I had alot more steering than I'm used to (may not be solely the active caster of course).

I could go on all day here, but if you take the price of a current car and start adding the cost of the blocks caster/toe etc, roll bars all the shock sundries, the extra go faster bits required etc, you wont be to far off the $800 cost of the A700.

This car is only going to get better and better with more drivers running it, discussing our findings here and Oleg will more than likely continue to evolve the design even further now that he has more performance headroom available over a current chassis. The futures bright the futures Awesomatix....
1+
Old 11-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default lead time to uk

guys, any ideas on lead time to the UK. Really thinking about ordering one of these bad boys!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mb3195
guys, any ideas on lead time to the UK. Really thinking about ordering one of these bad boys!!!
It took mine 11 days in total mate. It probably wont take as long now that their up to speed. I used the post office for the money transfer and I can recommend their service, only took a few hours. I did pay extra though for Tnt express, this took 3 days from shipment to arrrival. You wont be dissapointed.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Old 11-26-2011, 06:33 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by MarkMcC
It took mine 11 days in total mate. It probably wont take as long now that their up to speed. I used the post office for the money transfer and I can recommend their service, only took a few hours. I did pay extra though for Tnt express, this took 3 days from shipment to arrrival. You wont be dissapointed.

Hope this helps.

Mark
what is the cost for transaction or transfer fee? Thanks
Old 11-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
what is the cost for transaction or transfer fee? Thanks
pretty sure it was $40 from what JOHN C told me you may wanna contact him on here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.