Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WesRaven
I understand there will be some gap, which is why I'm wondering what offset of wheel people are running to compensate. I'm probably going with 6mm all the way around, but curious what other people's experience is before I place the order. Thanks guys.
+0 offset IMO and people that are faster then me in USGT, do not run anything different. You could do is add some wheel spacers shims and I don't think you can go more then a couple MM this way. I don't think there is any 6mm offset rims in 24mm and I would NOT recommend 26mm rims with the 24mm tires. The tires do not round out on 26mm rims. I only know of Tamiya rims with + offset and maybe 4mm tops in 24mm rims.

Last edited by Travis S; 02-26-2015 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Thought that was hexes not offset so editing post.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Travis S
I don't think there is any 6mm offset rims in 24mm and I would NOT recommend 26mm rims with the 24mm tires.
Fortunately my local club isn't too strict and allow us to run any 26mm wheel and tire as long as they are spoked.

Do you think these will fit the Evo2?

www rcplanet com/HPI_Wheel_Offset_p/hpi3845.htm (Sorry, can't properly post links yet, not enough posts)

If not, what brand of wheels are people running on these Awesomatix cars?

I already have a bunch of 0 offset wheels. Mainly wanted at least one set that will look good, and was a little curious about the handling differences (although, as you have pointed out, it may hinder me).
Old 02-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Fortunately my local club isn't too strict and allow us to run any 26mm wheel and tire as long as they are spoked.

Do you think these will fit the Evo2?

www rcplanet com/HPI_Wheel_Offset_p/hpi3845.htm (Sorry, can't properly post links yet, not enough posts)

If not, what brand of wheels are people running on these Awesomatix cars?

I already have a bunch of 0 offset wheels. Mainly wanted at least one set that will look good, and was a little curious about the handling differences (although, as you have pointed out, it may hinder me).
They should fit fine. Not sure how good they will work though vs the spec tires that we are running USGT, but they won't make the car un-drivable or anything.

Most people run these: (all but the dish type)

http://www.teamgravityrc.com/store1/...=0&sort=normal
Old 02-26-2015, 03:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I understand there will be some gap, which is why I'm wondering what offset of wheel people are running to compensate. I'm probably going with 6mm all the way around, but curious what other people's experience is before I place the order. Thanks guys.
offset wheels are for looks, they hurt handling. Most guys run 200mm with zero offset to be fast
Old 02-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone running a 200mm body on their A700? I'm going to be running my Evo 2 in USGT with a HPI Ford GT body. HPI's website says to use 3mm wheels, but everywhere else online says 6mm which seems to make more sense mathematically.

Exactly how wide is the Evo 2? Unfortunately I don't have my kit quite yet to measure myself, so was hoping someone has experience getting the right wheel for a 200mm GT body.
I had new lower wishbones made to run the car at 200mm width with foam tires and a 200mm nitro touring body.

If there is interest I can have a small series made.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your input on the offset wheels guys. I wasn't really considering the chance of hindering performance that much (shows how much I know). Appreciate you guys chiming in.

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I had new lower wishbones made to run the car at 200mm width with foam tires and a 200mm nitro touring body.

If there is interest I can have a small series made.
Definitely sounds intriguing. Did you find this impact the handling of the car at all?

Last edited by WesRaven; 02-26-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone running a 200mm body on their A700? I'm going to be running my Evo 2 in USGT with a HPI Ford GT body. HPI's website says to use 3mm wheels, but everywhere else online says 6mm which seems to make more sense mathematically.

Exactly how wide is the Evo 2? Unfortunately I don't have my kit quite yet to measure myself, so was hoping someone has experience getting the right wheel for a 200mm GT body.
lots run a 200mm LFA and is the fastest body GT class we run here in Seattle.

I currently run a EVO 1 which ill be selling both of them next month to but 2 evo II's.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 3MM OFFSET/ 6MM OFFSET

Originally Posted by -jacob-
lots run a 200mm LFA and is the fastest body GT class we run here in Seattle.

I currently run a EVO 1 which ill be selling both of them next month to but 2 evo II's.

I have run the Protoform LFA, and the HPI McLaren (both 200mm) and used HPI 26mm wheels with 3mm offsets in the front and 6mm offsets in the rear. I still have two McLaren bodies that I plan to use and have two sets of tires and wheels already mounted. I do know at the VTA Nationals in Tenn. there were people running these bodies with the standard wheel and tire and the cars worked fine.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TWILL
I have run the Protoform LFA, and the HPI McLaren (both 200mm) and used HPI 26mm wheels with 3mm offsets in the front and 6mm offsets in the rear.
Did you find the offset wheels negatively impact your handling? Did you happen to try the same car/body setup with 0 offset to see the difference?

I'm planning on trying a few different offsets on the track, just curious what others have already found.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Wes,

To answer your prior question, the evo2 is 185mm hub to hub, front and rear. To stance a 200mm body, it needs between 7-9mm +offset wheels. This is alot of scrub radius for the front wheels! It's only good for high grip scenarios to tame a nervous front end. Luckily, 25.5 and 21.5 are slow enough that you won't notice a huge difference.

If you're open to a suggestion: consider a 190mm gt body and the Ride USGT spec tire with 0 offset wheels. The transition to 17.5 with be smoother.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Double post

Last edited by vapourtrail; 03-01-2015 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vapourtrail
Hi Wes,

To answer your prior question, the evo2 is 185mm hub to hub, front and rear. To stance a 200mm body, it needs between 7-9mm +offset wheels. This is alot of scrub radius for the front wheels! It's only good for high grip scenarios to tame a nervous front end. Luckily, 25.5 and 21.5 are slow enough that you won't notice a huge difference.

If you're open to a suggestion: consider a 190mm gt body and the Ride USGT spec tire with 0 offset wheels. The transition to 17.5 with be smoother.
Thank you very much for the information and suggestion, extremely helpful.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a tuning guide for the Evo? I am looking for something I can bring to the track. Thanks
Old 03-02-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MM2

Has anybody tried the new motor mount on the soft raceberry chassis? I am curious to hear others opinions. I know I'd either have to dremel the chassis or not use all the flex options. I have the template so I wouldn't mind dremeling it out, but only if it would be beneficial..
Old 03-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Fellow A700 EvoII drivers,

is there any change to get hold of the "default link length" values that work with the A700 EvoII/IIC kit? The settings mentioned in the standard A700 manual of course don't work anymore with the new ballcups etc. I do have a setup station but I cannot adjust the castor angles properly due to not having the dongles. Any chance someone can shoot me over the some basic setup?

The length of the exposed part of the turnbuckles would do best.

Muchas gracias!

Sebastian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.