Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Tech Initiate

I started to upgrade my A700 to EVO.
When I was build the FFG front gear box I search the tape to put on the AM41 and it was not included in the FFG kit.
Is something missing ?

I don't have the right tape at home then I'll not be able to finish the car assembly... I'm disappointed and hope it's a forgetting because if not not delivering this tape is very surprising !
Old 02-18-2014, 01:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I received last week my FFG upgrade set and start my car evolution.

I don't have the tape to fix on AM41 in the kit.
Is-it normal ?

I don't have similar tape at home then I had to stop the building yesterday evening. I'm very disappointed because this is something very cheep and not including it is a strange idea because using the wrong tape can trouble the car handling.

I also have a trouble with the diff cover un FFG gear box. I had to had 0.5mm shims between AM44 and AM46 due to diff. clamping when I screwed AM46.
Does somebody else have the same issue ?
Old 02-18-2014, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrispys
I received last week my FFG upgrade set and start my car evolution.

I don't have the tape to fix on AM41 in the kit.
Is-it normal ?

I don't have similar tape at home then I had to stop the building yesterday evening. I'm very disappointed because this is something very cheep and not including it is a strange idea because using the wrong tape can trouble the car handling.

I also have a trouble with the diff cover un FFG gear box. I had to had 0.5mm shims between AM44 and AM46 due to diff. clamping when I screwed AM46.
Does somebody else have the same issue ?
Check/read the manual CAREFULLY. The AM56 should be positioned carefully with the chamfered side facing downwards towards AM44 to make way for the diff cover.

Last edited by josecarlo1129; 02-18-2014 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

AND the kit doesn't come with the tape. You have to purchase that out of pocket.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrispys
I started to upgrade my A700 to EVO.
When I was build the FFG front gear box I search the tape to put on the AM41 and it was not included in the FFG kit.
Is something missing ?

I don't have the right tape at home then I'll not be able to finish the car assembly... I'm disappointed and hope it's a forgetting because if not not delivering this tape is very surprising !
I built 2 Evo's and the Tape is not included. it is a piece of scotch tape dont know that they sell it in pieces with a backing that can be peeled. Here in NY all i see are rolls of tape the store. The car ban be finished without the tape. It'll take 5 minutes to remove the front gear box, shaft and apply the tape once you have it.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by josecarlo1129
A700 Antennae Modification.

Attached herewith are some photos of the customized Antennae holder+rod.

I customized a holder to have the horizontal antennae-rod layout, parallel to the drive shaft and carbon rod. Minimizing body reaming and of course, sleeker, cleaner layout.

Cheers to all.

JC
I like this idea, keeps the antenna out of the way. How did you fix the antenna holder to the steering rack (if I'm correct thinking it is attached there). I also wonder if this arrangement is possible with the alloy chassis + stiffener.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quantra
I like this idea, keeps the antenna out of the way. How did you fix the antenna holder to the steering rack (if I'm correct thinking it is attached there). I also wonder if this arrangement is possible with the alloy chassis + stiffener.
Hi there. Yeah, thought of a way because I hate any protruding material/element on this very well-thought piece/machine and it is very simple and budget friendly. I used the supplied servo holder (not the floating) to hold the 3.2mm carbon fiber rod with the AT06. I then mount it using the pre-holed slots near the steering rack on the C01EX- my favorite asphalt chassis.

If one will ask if the rod is touching the drive shaft upon vibrations, the answer is no (well based on my testings). The carbon fiber rod is so stiff that it won't reached nor touch the drive shaft upon normal driving conditions. If still doubting about the flexing of the tube, one can reduce the length of the rod to reduce the displacement of the oscillation.

My favorite A700 is neater than before. Hope this helps.

I reckon that Oleg's designing skills are the best and second to none. Evidently, some parts of the car can be re-positioned for possible new use.

Cheers.

JC
Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I dont know if you can do this with your airtronics rx, but with my futaba rx's, i just coil up the antenna wire inside of the rx case
Old 02-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Better yet, I am using the Futaba R614FF-E receiver which has no external antenna
Old 02-18-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has Oleg started a trend with the aluminium baseplate..? Others are following his lead !

http://www.redrc.net/2014/02/wrx-stx...chassis-plate/
Old 02-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Futaba has done it right, no external antenna required. Not sure why everyone else hasn't done this yet. Most land RC cars don't need the range provided by an external antenna.

Here's another option that has served me well over the past few year's.
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-receiver_antenna_small.jpg  
Old 02-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
Has Oleg started a trend with the aluminium baseplate..? Others are following his lead !

http://www.redrc.net/2014/02/wrx-stx...chassis-plate/
seems that way, as even Xray has an aluminium chassis
Old 02-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by josecarlo1129
Check/read the manual CAREFULLY. The AM56 should be positioned carefully with the chamfered side facing downwards towards AM44 to make way for the diff cover.
I first put the AM56 on the wrong side but I correct it. When I was in the right side I had to add the 0.5mm shims.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

I have my aerial coiled inside the Rx case currently but I've not tested it on a big track. I'm doing the ICC this weekend which will be a big track so it will get a test then.

I took a look at my chassis with the AM30 stiffener on it and it doesn't look like the above suggestion is possible. Perhaps what I could do is use some battery tape or zip ties to attach an aerial tube to the top of AM30. That's probably what I'll be doing if I get glitches this weekend.

For me it's one small niggle that when I use the prescribed aerial mount position the Rx has to be hanging off the side of the chassis quite a lot. This is how I ended up with the aerial coiled inside the case. I took a big hit on the side and the Rx case cracked open... So whilst it was open I thought I'd try coiling it and moving the Rx to safety, more inboard.

I see the alloy chassis is being copied but I thought the carbon wishbone stiffeners were something that was copying our carbon wishbones some time ago. Just my speculation though. In reality I think it's great that Awesomatix are the ones to be pushing the development of our cars and are emerging as the leaders in chassis design. =]
Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default FFG

Well, I thought I knew what FFG stood for until this weekend. Under peer pressure I installed a FFG set up on my 700L, now I know it means F'ing frustrated guy. The right dog bone would pop out, even after doing the pin fix. The gearbox has more travel to the left then right for sure. The set up didn't have the top deck, would a top deck help solve this also?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.