Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 07-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
I'm losing shock rods because they fall out on impact and I can't find them after....and on impact the hub does pop out sometimes but most the time it's the arm that pops and when I go pick my car up the shock rod is never there and I can't ever find it..I've replaced the cusp and yes the shock rod always pops in the cusp everytime I install it
The Team might frown a bit but I use some o-ring type of material to wrap the blade and rod. Make my car feel more exact and has done a good job of keeping the parts on the car even with harsher track incidents.

See pic for RED retainers.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys am i the only one driving the awesomatix that every time i tap the corner or turn in a little too soon that the lower arm pops up and i lose a shock rod every time ....is there a way around this ? I'm thinking of shoo gooeeing the shock rods in place......i must have gone through 8 shock rods already. Its getting too the point that this sedan is too fragile for the track...i love the car but since it can't take even a little abuse i might have to put it on the shelf as a centrepiece lol
I put a small O ring over the rod and torsion arm, it helped but I whince every time the car gets a knock.

Bb
Old 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
The Team might frown a bit but I use some o-ring type of material to wrap the blade and rod. Make my car feel more exact and has done a good job of keeping the parts on the car even with harsher track incidents.

See pic for RED retainers.

Why do u say they might frown ...if anything they should be coming up with a solution for this if they wanna sell more cars ..or at least be the ones offering the solutions on here ....many people are interested in this car but nobody at my club wants to buy one now that they have seen how fragile it is ....it's gotta be the most fragile touring car out there and my club runs almost every single type of chassis out there ...so my suggestion is to try and fix the issues on this car and make it more track tuff ready if they want to sell lots more
Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bucketboy
I put a small O ring over the rod and torsion arm, it helped but I whince every time the car gets a knock.

Bb
I wonder if I tie strap would work too ...u got any pics as well
Old 07-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Hey Mdawson you think u can give me a close up shot I would really appreciate it thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Why do u say they might frown ...if anything they should be coming up with a solution for this if they wanna sell more cars ..or at least be the ones offering the solutions on here ....many people are interested in this car but nobody at my club wants to buy one now that they have seen how fragile it is ....it's gotta be the most fragile touring car out there and my club runs almost every single type of chassis out there ...so my suggestion is to try and fix the issues on this car and make it more track tuff ready if they want to sell lots more
I would be the first in the room to call an elephant an elephant....

I would equate 'fragile' to cars or parts that require 'replacement' because they are no longer usable. With the A700, I dont find myself replacing parts such as broken arms, wheel hubs, c-hubs, shock towers and CVDs. Parts that other cars will 'break' with collisions.

My A700 has seen some accidents that would have required new arms, hubs and parts on other cars but with the A700 - parts will 'pop' themselves off with impact. The result is resetting the part as opposed to replacement.

The A700 is not a tank. It is not as race durable as an XRAY. But it is fast and in the right hands and a 'clean' run - will run the table. I wouldnt rally a Ferrari. It has its application and there are other cars that will survive a run after board banging, crashing a board and ping-ponging a track better than the A700.

You will rarely see someone win a race without driving a clean run.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

I wonder if I tie strap would work too ...u got any pics as well
Problem with non-flex items like a tie strap - it might bind the suspension.

Excuse the dirty car from this past weekend.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Problem with non-flex items like a tie strap - it might bind the suspension.

Excuse the dirty car from this past weekend.

Thanks alot dude i appreciate your help....i will try this out because i do still enjoy running this car.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks alot dude i appreciate your help....i will try this out because i do still enjoy running this car.
Good luck.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Good luck.
Stop hiding out and get your tail to WC
Old 07-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Stop hiding out and get your tail to WC
See you tomorrow!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

I would be the first in the room to call an elephant an elephant....

I would equate 'fragile' to cars or parts that require 'replacement' because they are no longer usable. With the A700, I dont find myself replacing parts such as broken arms, wheel hubs, c-hubs, shock towers and CVDs. Parts that other cars will 'break' with collisions.

My A700 has seen some accidents that would have required new arms, hubs and parts on other cars but with the A700 - parts will 'pop' themselves off with impact. The result is resetting the part as opposed to replacement.

The A700 is not a tank. It is not as race durable as an XRAY. But it is fast and in the right hands and a 'clean' run - will run the table. I wouldnt rally a Ferrari. It has its application and there are other cars that will survive a run after board banging, crashing a board and ping-ponging a track better than the A700.

You will rarely see someone win a race without driving a clean run.
Yes I agree with u 100% the A700 in a clean run is the fastest chassis out there ....i was just stating how if the company wanted to sell to the masses coming up for solutions for these minor problems would help in that......i also agree with you on the parts aspect i have only had to buy 7 shock rods for this car nothing else because of the fact that the car was desigend to pop it saves you money on parts.....i just think it pops too easily .
Old 07-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Theatriks you could possibley use a shock oring or fuel tube.
Jake
Old 07-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jake95
Theatriks you could possibley use a shock oring or fuel tube.
Jake
Ya thanks thats a genius idea something so simple.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

Put a bigger front bumper in the A700, and nothing will pop Off ! The current bumper is way too small, and I had rather put on some weight up front than breaking at every meet... If you also use Mr. Dawson's ties on top of the bigger bumper, you will be bulletproof ! Parma makes a 3X8” universal foam bumper that can be cut wide enough to protect your investment , use it !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.