Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff
The track is about 29x12 m.
I use the ball diff complete tight in front so there should be no slipper effect.
Hello Freddy,

Do ou think it will be the same thing if I use a front gear diff with 1 million inside?

Question about your setup, just to be sure, do you use the battery "full backward"?

Do you measure camber with a classic camber gauge or with a setup tool like the Hudy one?

Hugo
Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

No, I don't think so. With gear diff in front I think something around 300.000 to 500.000 works best.
With 1.000.000 it will be not able to rotate so its like a spool and no diff effect.
Yes I ran the battery full backward.
I use the hudy alu setup tools and I think it's a must have, maybe not Hudy but same type.
Freddy
Old 01-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

No, I don't think so. With gear diff in front I think something around 300.000 to 500.000 works best.
With 1.000.000 it will be not able to rotate so its like a spool and no diff effect.
I use the hudy alu setup tools and I think it's a must have, maybe not Hudy but same type.
Freddy
Thanks Freddy
Old 01-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
What about this???

Ooo, not fair, I need one for the TITC!!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I had another race at the rc Niagara Track I race at (low-medium traction carpet). Earlier in the day I couldn't find my lines on this layout (different every week), so I was really testing the durability of the A700, with some big impacts.

I'm very impressed, the only damage all day was a bearing from the steering rack (single rear bearing, MR84RS). It was enough to allow the rack to move 1mm between the bearings (picture below). Once the bearing was replaced, it was back to it's original tolerances. So it might be a good idea to carry a few spare in your pit box.

Before the last round of qualifying, I finally got into the flow of the track and managed to put down 2 tq runs (ran blinky settings in boosted and blinky 17.5 classes). In my boosted final, I made a big error on the first lap putting me in 3rd, but got back out front about halfway through the race. In my blinky final, the car was very good, I actually beat my tq time by a lap.

Setup-wise I didn't change much from my setup last week, just changed the shock settings to front A-4.2 B-1.6 and rear A-4.8 B-1.6, and put 0.5mm spacers under the rear arms. End result was a fairly aggressive, easy to drive car.

What kind of fan/heat sinks have people been using? I was trying a Yeah racing heat sink/fan mount, but had some issues with it popping off.
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-mr84rs.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedyfowler
I had another race at the rc Niagara Track I race at (low-medium traction carpet). Earlier in the day I couldn't find my lines on this layout (different every week), so I was really testing the durability of the A700, with some big impacts.

I'm very impressed, the only damage all day was a bearing from the steering rack (single rear bearing, MR84RS). It was enough to allow the rack to move 1mm between the bearings (picture below). Once the bearing was replaced, it was back to it's original tolerances. So it might be a good idea to carry a few spare in your pit box.

Before the last round of qualifying, I finally got into the flow of the track and managed to put down 2 tq runs (ran blinky settings in boosted and blinky 17.5 classes). In my boosted final, I made a big error on the first lap putting me in 3rd, but got back out front about halfway through the race. In my blinky final, the car was very good, I actually beat my tq time by a lap.

Setup-wise I didn't change much from my setup last week, just changed the shock settings to front A-4.2 B-1.6 and rear A-4.8 B-1.6, and put 0.5mm spacers under the rear arms. End result was a fairly aggressive, easy to drive car.

What kind of fan/heat sinks have people been using? I was trying a Yeah racing heat sink/fan mount, but had some issues with it popping off.
I use http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...yword=&pg_no=1
Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default bumper

I noticed a few people mention that this car can feel like it's driving on it's nose a bit. I also happened to be building my kit today and noticed that the bumper is bigger than the one I ran on my xray. This would cause the body to have to be mounted about 3-4cm further forward. Any chance that that could, at least partially, account for the difference?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedyfowler

lrp heat sink fan never falls off
Old 01-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys, I'll look into these
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by erchn
I noticed a few people mention that this car can feel like it's driving on it's nose a bit. I also happened to be building my kit today and noticed that the bumper is bigger than the one I ran on my xray. This would cause the body to have to be mounted about 3-4cm further forward. Any chance that that could, at least partially, account for the difference?
Maybe a little... but the bumper is the same used on the 417, and well, the Awesomatix steers better than that still.

Thing is, it does drive on it's nose, but in a good way, as the car can keep up through the rest of the corner. It's not like it turns in super hard, then breaks away. If anything, I've had to adapt to the large amount of on power steering it has, which has been nice!

HiH
Ed
Old 01-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

To prevent to much "nose" driving you may also try to use longer front setting of camber and caster links. Use third or fourth hole from outsight seeing for the mounting. This will let the car more roll and less aggressive cornering.
Freddy
Old 01-17-2012, 03:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Thing is, it does drive on it's nose, but in a good way, as the car can keep up through the rest of the corner. It's not like it turns in super hard, then breaks away. If anything, I've had to adapt to the large amount of on power steering it has, which has been nice!

HiH
Ed
Funny, I find the car to be the exact opposite
Old 01-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hana166
Funny, I find the car to be the exact opposite
What I meant was, it does turn in super hard, but then sticks... I've had plenty of cars that turn in well, but then loose the rear.. not with this though!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Freddy
Freddy,

Regarding your setup:
-Did ou use the standard Steering system or the IAS one?
-Do you use ST09 part when you tighten the topdeck. If yes did you use it only under the center screw or also under the pivot balls?

Hugo
Old 01-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hugo
Freddy,

Regarding your setup:
-Did ou use the standard Steering system or the IAS one?
-Do you use ST09 part when you tighten the topdeck. If yes did you use it only under the center screw or also under the pivot balls?

Hugo
I wonder the same thing about every setup I see. Any chance we could get those two setup "options" added to the PDF? Maybe an X for just a screw, empty for nothing, and a circled X for using ST09 with screw or ballstud?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.