Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 06:38 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
pretty sure it was $40 from what JOHN C told me you may wanna contact him on here.
yeah sound about right...thanks dude
Old 11-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Sedan

Used one for sale on for sale thread!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Rookie

hello..why the kit that ivan use at the ETS races are not the same as we discuss here?
Old 11-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daiko
hello..why the kit that ivan use at the ETS races are not the same as we discuss here?
I believe he only used an optional / available akermann part , otherwise it is identical to the kit I received.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OVA
wtf...how do you lose the bone?
Two of our local drivers had couple cases at hard impact with barrier. ST17 Universal Ring unclamped and parts scatters at track. It takes long time to looking for these parts at the track. Next, no problem at all, after finding all parts, front universal was successfully assembled.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MarkMcC
It took mine 11 days in total mate. It probably wont take as long now that their up to speed. I used the post office for the money transfer and I can recommend their service, only took a few hours. I did pay extra though for Tnt express, this took 3 days from shipment to arrrival. You wont be dissapointed.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Cheers dude, got all my 12th scale stuff on eBay to finance one at the moment!

How's the car running?
Old 11-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys, I really like the look of these cars, beautifully made, some great bits of engineering and some real inovations. I might be tempted to get one just for those reasons but lets not beat around the bush, I race and I want to win, so can any of honestly tell me that your race pace (not a single lap or a one off good run) has actually improved?

I live an hour and a half away from the track where I race, at the level I am at I am looking for lap time improvements a 1/10th sec, 5secs in the race gets you from bottom of the B to top half of the A. What I don't want to do nor can afford the time to commit to is a car that "has potential" but due to a narrow set-up window actually slows me down.

While the kit is not cheap it is not that but the lack of trackside support (spares and set-up advice) that is stopping me from hitting the "add to basket" button this instant.

I run 13.5 and 10.5 boosted rubber, any comments would be helpful.

Bb
Old 11-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...evawesom-1.jpg
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...evawesom-2.jpg
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...evawesom-3.jpg
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...evawesom-4.jpg
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...evawesom-5.jpg

Steering system is standard also.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Awesomatix had its first event win in modified at an event down under today. I wasnt there but heard the car was very good
Old 11-27-2011, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Pictures of Ivan's stock car from ATS race:

http://ats.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...pteva700-1.jpg
http://ats.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...pteva700-2.jpg
http://ats.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...pteva700-3.jpg

Ivan have used symmetric damper's setting at this victorious race.

http://awesomatix.com/download/

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 11-27-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bucketboy
Hi guys, I really like the look of these cars, beautifully made, some great bits of engineering and some real inovations. I might be tempted to get one just for those reasons but lets not beat around the bush, I race and I want to win, so can any of honestly tell me that your race pace (not a single lap or a one off good run) has actually improved?

I live an hour and a half away from the track where I race, at the level I am at I am looking for lap time improvements a 1/10th sec, 5secs in the race gets you from bottom of the B to top half of the A. What I don't want to do nor can afford the time to commit to is a car that "has potential" but due to a narrow set-up window actually slows me down.

While the kit is not cheap it is not that but the lack of trackside support (spares and set-up advice) that is stopping me from hitting the "add to basket" button this instant.

I run 13.5 and 10.5 boosted rubber, any comments would be helpful.

Bb
Hi Bb,

I believe many have the same reservations that you have however I decided to be an early adopter and am VERY pleased I went for it. The level of precision and run to run consistency is unparalleled by any other car I've owned. The car, on rubber tires, appears more like a car on foam tires. It is direct, you put it where you want it every time. I have picked up at least a tenth on my fastest lap with this car but more importantly my consistency lap to lap has significantly improved. My previous fast lap with other cars was a 13.0. I turned a high 12.8 with the A700 but was far more consistent with it too turning lap after lap of 13.2's. Simply it is precise, fast, flat, stable, and transitions very well without having a hint of a traction roll.

So to answer your thesis statement of " .... so can any of honestly tell me that your race pace (not a single lap or a one off good run) has actually improved? "

I can honestly say YES.
Previously a driver that placed third overall in the stock class at the US carpet nationals last year put down a 6 minute qualifying lap record that I didn't feel I could easily reach with my previous cars. With the A700 yesterday I was on a pace ( in qualifying ) to break the record but made a couple errors on my own by being a bit too greedy cutting too tight a line and crashed. Apparently I didn't want to beat the record, I wanted to crush it ! I also made a couple mistakes saucing my tires which had nothing to do with the car itself. I ended up second on the grid. Yesterday I was able to drive it very conservatively and cruised to an easy win ( in Stock 17.5 ) after taking the lead on lap 2. While other cars were starting to traction roll my car didn't have even a hint of a traction roll. This is with very little time to test more settings. We use a temporary track that we set up three race days a month but we have an incredible talent pool of National Champions so I am able to learn from the best. So far, everyone I've shown the car to is very impressed. I've only raced it twice now, this last Wednesday and Saturday ( yesterday ).

here is a video of the race last night that my brother took. I'm the red/white/orange/yellow car the camera is following all race long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsA2QLoGiSc

I used Ivan Laptev's ETS super stock setup and only changed the spring rate and damper settings ( stiffening the spring rate considerably ).

Parts availability is a worry but its been true for every car I've owned to one degree or another. When I owned another top brand I routinely had to order parts from HK because they weren't available in the US.

I can only tell you I'm very happy with it. Thankfully, once you set it up , things stay where they are supposed to from run to run. I checked it throughout the race day and everything stayed consistent. And to boot, its lovely to look at.

I hope that helps in your quest for a faster and more consistent car. My very short experience ( on carpet ) says it is.

Cheers,

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 11-27-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Hi Bb,

I believe many have the same reservations that you have however I decided to be an early adopter and am VERY pleased I went for it. The level of precision and run to run consistency is unparalleled by any other car I've owned. The car, on rubber tires, appears more like a car on foam tires. It is direct, you put it where you want it every time. I have picked up at least a tenth on my fastest lap with this car but more importantly my consistency lap to lap has significantly improved. My previous fast lap with other cars was a 13.0. I turned a high 12.8 with the A700 but was far more consistent with it too turning lap after lap of 13.2's. Simply it is precise, fast, flat, stable, and transitions very well without having a hint of a traction roll.

So to answer your thesis statement of " .... so can any of honestly tell me that your race pace (not a single lap or a one off good run) has actually improved? "

I can honestly say YES.
Previously a driver that placed third overall in the stock class at the US carpet nationals last year put down a 6 minute qualifying lap record that I didn't feel I could easily reach with my previous cars. With the A700 yesterday I was on a pace ( in qualifying ) to break the record by a couple seconds but made a couple errors on my own by being a bit too greedy cutting too tight a line and crashed. Apparently I didn't want to beat the record, I wanted to crush it ! I also made a couple mistakes saucing my tires which had nothing to do with the car itself. I ended up second on the grid. Yesterday I was able to drive it very conservatively and cruised to an easy win ( in Stock 17.5 ) after taking the lead on lap 2. While other cars were starting to traction roll my car didn't have even a hint of a traction roll. This is with very little time to test more settings. We use a temporary track that we set up three race days a month but we have an incredible talent pool of National Champions so I am able to learn from the best. So far, everyone I've shown the car to is very impressed. I've only raced it twice now, this last Wednesday and Saturday ( yesterday ).

here is a video of the race last night that my brother took. I'm the red/white/orange/yellow car the camera is following all race long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsA2QLoGiSc

I used Ivan Laptev's ETS super stock setup and only changed the spring rate and damper settings ( stiffening the spring rate considerably ).

Parts availability is a worry but its been true for every car I've owned to one degree or another. When I owned another top brand I routinely had to order parts from HK because they weren't available in the US.

I can only tell you I'm very happy with it. Thankfully, once you set it up , things stay where they are supposed to from run to run. I checked it throughout the race day and everything stayed consistent. And to boot, its lovely to look at.

I hope that helps in your quest for a faster and more consistent car. My very short experience ( on carpet ) says it is.

Cheers,

Jake D.
Looks good! Track also looks lovely!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mb3195
Looks good! Track also looks lovely!
http://seattlercracers.com/

thanks, for a temp track we are proud of what we have built as a club.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Jake, my finger is hovering a little closer to the "add to basket button " now

Bb
Old 11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default active caster

can someone explain to me the 'active caster'?

What does it actually do, increase caster as suspension is compressed or opposite?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.