Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

You're on Page 629 of 638
Go to
  • Quote: A lot of it is personal preference too. Personally with the AUD being weaker and parts orders from overseas taking longer and freight costs escalating I had to look at what had product support locally. It's also why some locally are going from Gizmo to Destiny and other brands, it's no longer cost effective to run a chassis without local support, many US sellers charge $30-$40 freight on a couple of ball studs and caster tools (I know the freight quote I had when buying caster doodles from RSD was $55 US!)

To help with directing people to the right thread I have altered the title of this one to reflect this as the A700 thread as opposed to the other A800 thread.
    You have something about Gizmo and us I think. We do not sell caster doodles, so there is no way you received a $55.00 shipping quote from us. If you go to the Gizmo USA site it is written in bold face red that the international shipping orders should be quoted via email, we have a different price structure and accurate shipping quotes for other markets to make our product more affordable. As for Reflex Racing, our sister site, the quote for shipping is extremely accurate based on weight, USPS rate and a 4% markup rate to cover the paypal/cc fee on the actual USPS Rate. I wish I could say that US vendors like me make a killing on shipping, but the reality of the situation is that the Postal Service has gotten outrageously expensive over the past 5 years.

I understand getting American products is not cheap in Australia, hopefully in the future it is something we can mitigate by landing a distributor somewhere in Asia or in Australia itself.
  • It's all about volume with shipping...

There is near zero volume from USA to Australia
    As compared from China to everywhere
  • Hi Oleg and team drivers.

Would just like to ask if the all-new A700-P12X will fit on the A700-C01AL-S/A700-C01AL?

I think, this is an awesome update to havge the droop screw accurately installed. No more gluing and all.

TIA.
  • I don;t believe it fits
  • Quote: Hi Oleg and team drivers.
    Would just like to ask if the all-new A700-P12X will fit on the A700-C01AL-S/A700-C01AL?
    I think, this is an awesome update to havge the droop screw accurately installed. No more gluing and all.
    TIA.
    P12X can be installed on these lower decks after removing of the 4mm pin.

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-p12x-pin.jpg  

• What is the different between C04M and C04M1? The C04M is currently out of stock.

Thanks,
    Joe
  • Quote: What is the different between C04M and C04M1? The C04M is currently out of stock.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Profile of the arm has been tweeked. Less of a chance for the rim of the tire to scrape the arm at full lock.
  • Quote: Profile of the arm has been tweeked. Less of a chance for the rim of the tire to scrape the arm at full lock.
    The width is the same right? I am ordering some spares and want to make sure they are not wider than the stock one.

Thanks
  • Definitely the same width. Only the +0.5 part number arms are wider
  • 2017 FORD GT ON AWESOMATIX 700EVO
    I Re-bodied my 700 EVO with this Protoform Ford GT body. Kept it looking like one of the Ford show cars they were taking around to all the autoshows this season.

The body is 200mm so I used a set of Vintage T/A rims and tires I had laying around to fill out the wheel wells.
  • Quote: I Re-bodied my 700 EVO with this Protoform Ford GT body. Kept it looking like one of the Ford show cars they were taking around to all the autoshows this season.

The body is 200mm so I used a set of Vintage T/A rims and tires I had laying around to fill out the wheel wells.
    That looks great, Tom! I was wondering how well the body would fit, as the Awesomatix seems perfect for it due to the rotary shocks and no shock tower.
  • Quote: P12X can be installed on these lower decks after removing of the 4mm pin.
    Thank you Oleg for the reply. But I got this in my mind, how if I make the slot for the droop larger on the A700-C01AL-S/A700-C01AL ? Is it aligned? TIA
  • Quote: Thank you Oleg for the reply. But I got this in my mind, how if I make the slot for the droop larger on the A700-C01AL-S/A700-C01AL ? Is it aligned? TIA
    You still can use P06 in the original holes on these lower decks or you can drill new 4,0mm holes for pins of P12X. The distance should be exactly 6.0mm between these new holes and the existing countersunk holes that are used for P12 mounting.
  • Quote: You still can use P06 in the original holes on these lower decks or you can drill new 4,0mm holes for pins of P12X. The distance should be exactly 6.0mm between these new holes and the existing countersunk holes that are used for P12 mounting.
    Thank you, Oleg. Great info.
  • A note to anyone updating their A700 with new D2.2 dampers and SPR02H3 shock rod guides: The SPR02H3 is about 3mm longer than the original SPR02, and as a result the maximum "A" adjustment is restricted to just a little over 3mm. Fortunately it is a relatively simple matter to reduce the length of the SPR02H3 on its outboard end using a dremel cutoff wheel, restoring the desired range for the "A" adjustment.

I assume that the SPR02H3 dimensions work fine on the A800 due to longer suspension arms, different damper attachment points on the chassis, or something similar.