R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2017, 05:08 PM   #9421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
A lot of it is personal preference too. Personally with the AUD being weaker and parts orders from overseas taking longer and freight costs escalating I had to look at what had product support locally. It's also why some locally are going from Gizmo to Destiny and other brands, it's no longer cost effective to run a chassis without local support, many US sellers charge $30-$40 freight on a couple of ball studs and caster tools (I know the freight quote I had when buying caster doodles from RSD was $55 US!)

To help with directing people to the right thread I have altered the title of this one to reflect this as the A700 thread as opposed to the other A800 thread.
You have something about Gizmo and us I think. We do not sell caster doodles, so there is no way you received a $55.00 shipping quote from us. If you go to the Gizmo USA site it is written in bold face red that the international shipping orders should be quoted via email, we have a different price structure and accurate shipping quotes for other markets to make our product more affordable. As for Reflex Racing, our sister site, the quote for shipping is extremely accurate based on weight, USPS rate and a 4% markup rate to cover the paypal/cc fee on the actual USPS Rate. I wish I could say that US vendors like me make a killing on shipping, but the reality of the situation is that the Postal Service has gotten outrageously expensive over the past 5 years.

I understand getting American products is not cheap in Australia, hopefully in the future it is something we can mitigate by landing a distributor somewhere in Asia or in Australia itself.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #9422
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

It's all about volume with shipping...

There is near zero volume from USA to Australia
As compared from China to everywhere
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote