R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree13Likes

Old 05-31-2016, 01:01 AM   #9256
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Congrats to Christian in 13.5 running an Evo1.

Would love to know what you are running for setup. Haven't had much experience in running without an upper deck.
It was truly an amazing performance to witness. Lopez really showed the capabilities of this platform even without the latest bells and whistles. No setup sheet yet, but you can see pictures and videos here. Imagine what he could do with just some upgraded dampers

Congrats to Christian for another impressive win at Reedy.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:44 AM   #9257
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesRaven View Post
It was truly an amazing performance to witness. Lopez really showed the capabilities of this platform even without the latest bells and whistles. No setup sheet yet, but you can see pictures and videos here. Imagine what he could do with just some upgraded dampers
My congratulations for Christian!
Guys, be assured that our "shaft" way will be continued.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:53 AM   #9258
Tech Apprentice

Great to hear the shaft cars are at the sharp end, and that development on this platform will continue.

I've been finding my a700 evo2 to be very competitive at the moment, winning both of my last club meetings. I found my a800 ran well there, but on the unprepared low grip track, my evo2 is quicker at the moment. I have some work to do with the a800, with the nationals approaching.

www.pbmracing.co.uk - Reds Racing
Awesomatix A800 - Reds Racing TX120 - Reds Racing VX Certified 13.5 - Sanwa M12S
JimboAMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:56 PM   #9259
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboAMX View Post
Great to hear the shaft cars are at the sharp end, and that development on this platform will continue.
Agreed. My Evo 2 was very fast at Reedy and a pleasure to drive. I don't plan on setting it aside any time soon. Big thanks to Tony Tam for all the setup help, I kept breaking personal bests with each adjustment, and congrats to Tony on a solid mod A main finish with the belted brother.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #9260
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
My congratulations for Christian!
Guys, be assured that our "shaft" way will be continued.
Thank you Mr Babich. This is the first time that Christian ran this car. His first run was on Thursday during practice and with Tony Tams help, Christian made the necessary changes and worked to get the car ready for competition. He thought the car was easy to drive and performed flawlessly despite changing weather condition over the three days of competition.
It is a testament to your design that he was able to achieve with what I understand to be a older generation of car. If you or anyone on this forum can tell us what information you need, I will be happy to try and see what was used on the car and provide the team with set up information.
I thank all those running the awesomatix car a heart felt thank you for your support and kind words on encouragement and look forward to meeting more of you at future events. Thanks and will see you at the top.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #9261
Tech Regular

Quote:

Thank you Wes for your kind words. It's a great car and deserving of the praise.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:49 AM   #9262
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Congrats to Christian in 13.5 running an Evo1.

Would love to know what you are running for setup. Haven't had much experience in running without an upper deck.
Thank you Dan. Please let us know what you need in the way of information and will try and post this. Since this is our first time running the car we may not be familiar with want your looking for . Will do our best to post and share whatever is necessary to help.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:40 PM   #9263
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Vta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CARTEAM View Post
Thank you Dan. Please let us know what you need in the way of information and will try and post this. Since this is our first time running the car we may not be familiar with want your looking for . Will do our best to post and share whatever is necessary to help.
Anyone have a good vta setup
john holmes 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:36 PM   #9264
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Great pics & vid's. Thanks
Old 06-18-2016, 08:33 AM   #9265
Tech Master

I have an Evo2 and an Evo. The roll bars on each car are a little different. What roll bars do I want to order for the Evo? The Evo2 roll bars won't fit, unless I use pliers to bend them as they have an extra bend in them

Last edited by Madulla; 06-18-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #9266
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
I have an Evo2 and an Evo. The roll bars on each car are a little different. What roll bars do I want to order for the Evo? The Evo2 roll bars won't fit, unless I use pliers to bend then.
??? I'm about 99.9% sure they haven't changed. Only difference in bars is the thickness. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4mm and the little sausage holders have 2 size holes you may need to flip them or maybe you don't have the bars facing the right direction. Otherwise I got no clue what the issue is. Take some pictures of this problem.

PS - I like to use technical terms AKA: "little sausage holders" vs P05
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #9267
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
I have an Evo2 and an Evo. The roll bars on each car are a little different. What roll bars do I want to order for the Evo? The Evo2 roll bars won't fit, unless I use pliers to bend them as they have an extra bend in them
Huh? Bend in what direction? For width??
Ive never used the new all black bars on the oldest cars...

I wouldn't bent your bars
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #9268
Tech Master

I will try to take a pic. But the Evo chassis is wider than the Evo2 and the wires that came with the evo2 are too narrow to fit into the blocks. The Evo2 wires measures 87mm along the wire. The Evo wire measures 89mm. The Evo2 wire won't fit the wider blocks. The evo2 blocks are 75mm from set screw to set screw. The Evo is 85mm and that's center to center so a 87mm wire just doesn't cut it unless I sand down the blocks.

Last edited by Madulla; 06-18-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:47 PM   #9269
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
I will try to take a pic. But the Evo chassis is wider than the Evo2 and the wires that came with the evo2 are too narrow to fit into the blocks. The Evo2 wires measures 87mm along the wire. The Evo wire measures 89mm. The Evo2 wire won't fit the wider blocks. The evo2 blocks are 75mm from set screw to set screw. The Evo is 85mm and that's center to center so a 87mm wire just doesn't cut it unless I sand down the blocks.
What your saying makes sense...
If you need old style bars... We can find some for you. It might just take a few days....
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #9270
Tech Regular

Default A700 evo F/S

I posted in the For Sale thread myA700evo if anyone is interested...

Awesomatix A700evo

Our track closed down in February of 2015 and this awesome machine has been collecting dust since then. I built this car for the 2014 IIC race in Las Vegas but didn't run it there. The car is in pristine condition! (minus the dust) Everything in the pics is included... even the very hard to find aluminum chassis. This car needs a track to conquer!

3 spare diffs ($95.00 ea)
Aluminum chassis ($150.00)
Spool ($68.00)
those items alone are worth close to $500.00

Everything in the pics......

$650.00

https://picasaweb.google.com/1168256...74674644449073
HawaiiBob is offline   Reply With Quote