R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree22Likes

Old 11-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #8956
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Probably some rub from the am49 tower, look if it's right there. If so, you can try to shim it up with .1 shims.
Yeah, I just saw the rub mark, do you think it will cause me trouble though? In 13.5 Blinky? Not sure if they're solid or hollow?
Schwarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:53 PM   #8957
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarta View Post
Yeah, I just saw the rub mark, do you think it will cause me trouble though? In 13.5 Blinky? Not sure if they're solid or hollow?
It's a solid drive shaft, i wouldn't worry.
malkiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #8958
Tech Regular

Sweet, thanks.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #8959
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Correct rear steering arm?

Hey guys, can someone confirm if this is the correct rear steering arm for the EvoII? I'm following the instructions on building the upper rear arms, 10.3mm and 12.4mm for the links. I'm not getting anywhere near the 1.5 degree camber, -4 degree caster, 3 degree toe in that is listed in the instructions.

Last edited by ALBOP; 02-09-2016 at 10:48 PM.
ALBOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #8960
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

never trust the link measurements. just adjust them to get the caster, camber and toe you need.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:01 AM   #8961
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Long time admirer of this car, now finally was able to pick up a 2nd had a700l from an rctech member. I would like to know if anyone has had any experience/purchasing from the main awesomatix site not the USA site and if their purchases went smoothly? I have placed/paid for an order with them 2 days ago and haven't had any communication from them yet. I guess I will leave it for another day and email them if nothing by tomorrow.
blarks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:32 AM   #8962
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
Long time admirer of this car, now finally was able to pick up a 2nd had a700l from an rctech member. I would like to know if anyone has had any experience/purchasing from the main awesomatix site not the USA site and if their purchases went smoothly? I have placed/paid for an order with them 2 days ago and haven't had any communication from them yet. I guess I will leave it for another day and email them if nothing by tomorrow.
I've ordered from there quite a few times. Never had a problem.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:38 AM   #8963
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBOP View Post
Hey guys, can someone confirm if this is the correct rear steering arm for the EvoII? I'm following the instructions on building the upper rear arms, 10.3mm and 12.4mm for the links. I'm not getting anywhere near the 1.5 degree camber, -4 degree caster, 3 degree toe in that is listed in the instructions.
Like Voodoo says for the length of the links but at least check the link symmetry it can be off a tad because of slope on car and setup station but higher will mean something is wrong...
The AM23 you show it's the old style arm the AM23-1 (one position) is the proper EVOII arm. It's longer probably to conserve the geometry of the shorter wheelbase of the newer chassis (Aluminum S1, S2 and Carbon L2).
Personally I always used the inside (shorter) position. Experts can explain you the real effect of the position
AM23 on top of AM23-1

AM23 vs AM23-1

Personally I would use the more inside position and call it a day for now and on your next order buy the AM23-1 arm.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:42 AM   #8964
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarta View Post
I've ordered from there quite a few times. Never had a problem.
Thanks Schwarta, I will wait a little longer.
blarks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:17 AM   #8965
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi ALBOP,

You wont like me but when I look again at your picture I remark a few things.
On your next order I advise you to buy the long shock rod (ST05L) to prevent the binding of the shock rod guide (SPR02) and damaging the shock shaft.
At the same time you may also buy some sway bar stopper (P42) to prevent extreme side to side movement of the sway bars.
Sway bar is of the older type also (colored one vs black with white marks) but if they are straight I don't think it's worth to buy new ones.

Nothing very urgent but trust me the long shock rods will pay for themselves in the long run.
My two cents
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #8966
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
I have ordered from the main site a few times when the USA site was out of stock with 100% success, so you can definitely trust them. The payment process was a little unorthodox from what I'm used to though; Rather than paying immediately on the site they sent me an invoice to pay through PayPal. The first time I made an order through them this invoice email went into my Junk folder, so I thought I was being ignored as well. Once I paid the invoice they were very responsive.

So moral of the story is if you haven't actually paid yet, check your junk box for an email from "[email protected]".
Old 11-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #8967
Tech Regular

i replaced the chassis on my Evo2 since it was pretty beat up from some asphalt use. In my spare time I decided to sand the finish off it, thought I'd share. It's kinda cool actually, might end up using it at some point.
Attached Thumbnails
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-image.jpg  
branover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:39 PM   #8968
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by branover View Post
i replaced the chassis on my Evo2 since it was pretty beat up from some asphalt use. In my spare time I decided to sand the finish off it, thought I'd share. It's kinda cool actually, might end up using it at some point.
It would be interesting to see if you feel a difference in chassis flex running with and without the ano. Anodizing can actually add some lateral and torsional flex stiffness.
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #8969
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Has anyone else noticed that when using MM2 and a 37t pinion it hits the top of the brace on the spur gear? I put 1mm spacers under it last race meet but not sure if this is viable long term. Need to get down to a FDR around 2.9 for 21.5 blinky and the smallest gearing I can do is 37/50 which is just in the ballpark.

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #8970
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
Hi ALBOP,

You wont like me but when I look again at your picture I remark a few things.
On your next order I advise you to buy the long shock rod (ST05L) to prevent the binding of the shock rod guide (SPR02) and damaging the shock shaft.
At the same time you may also buy some sway bar stopper (P42) to prevent extreme side to side movement of the sway bars.
Sway bar is of the older type also (colored one vs black with white marks) but if they are straight I don't think it's worth to buy new ones.

Nothing very urgent but trust me the long shock rods will pay for themselves in the long run.
My two cents
Cool thanks daktulos! I appreciate the info